Culture changing in football program

Off season.... Anything can remind some of us of football. Maybe spring practice and spring game can clear some of our minds, and prepare us for the long hot summer. Hummmmm, wonder if that movie reminds some of us of Vol football??

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Volunteer Football Program
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Brad Wesley = could represent Butch Jones' culture
Wade Garrett = Rush Propst (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Phil Fulmer AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD
So, YOU are the guy Ron White was talking about.

Two movies that do the same thing (depict culture change) are:

a) "12-o'clock High" staring Gregory Peck (he's a leader of an Army Air Force Bomber group in Europe during America's early days in WWII) Black/white - classic. General Motors used it for years for management training.

b) "Gung Ho" starring Michael Keaton - a comedy about an auto-plant in PA (I think) that undergoes new ownership/management by the Japanese instead of one of the "big-three".

Both are very good.

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

tenor.gif

Dalton = Coach Pruitt
I think Wesley is a Haslsm. Good Roadhouse usage!

Reactions: FallCreekVols
This is hilarious but man, we are looking for stuff to post and its only Feb!!!!!

0c004106-5f43-4123-8f26-ea70b404999d_text.gif

The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC). The NFL is one of the four major professional sports leagues in North America, and the highest professional level of American football in the world.[3] The NFL's 17-week regular season runs from early September to late December, with each team playing 16 games and having one bye week. Following the conclusion of the regular season, six teams from each conference (four division winners and…See More

VN Store

Back