Cuban/Mavericks Stop Playing National Anthem

It just doesnt solve a problem. It gives into the desire of some and shifts anger to others. That isnt problem solving. The flag and anthem are literally not the issues here.

Whose anger? The protests weren't about getting rid of the anthem. Nobody was clamoring for this, that I know of. This solves the problem of the anthem being a distraction for the sport and a point of division. Blame goes all around that this has become a solution

Reactions: volfanhill
It just doesnt solve a problem. It gives into the desire of some and shifts anger to others. That isnt problem solving. The flag and anthem are literally not the issues here.
I’m not arguing they are. I’ve already pointed to what I think the problem is. Individuals behavior and their judgement in how they chose to behave. The flag and anthem are just enablers for their behavior

Reactions: AM64
Since we're on the subject of our anthem at sporting events, I'd rather hear a proper anthem than one bastardized by highly stylized renditions.

Whitney Houston's anthem before the super bowl was GOAT.

The national anthem should have been removed years before the kneeling started for exactly that reason. If a "performer" can't stand and sing the nation anthem as written, then ditch the whole concept; it's not about showing off someone's "talents"; it is all about tradition. Keep it up and the flag will begin being stylized. Symbols and traditions are there for a reason - not for alteration. We honor tradition in respect for those who gave us the opportunity to honor tradition - it's not a platform for the current crop of non achievers to diddle with.

Man, this is the LEAST of this country's problems right now. You are caught up in this symbolic nonsense and I'm concerned about actual loss of liberties.
Get you priorities straight. It isn't helping the right to win the culture war.

It isnt a huge problem, but is a symptom of larger and more important issues. There are concerted efforts at work to destroy this country and to do so by all means. Financially, socially, culturally, education, etc.

Reactions: AM64
It's an erosion of our country nationalism.

We can debate the reasons, how the military paid for it, etc but at the end of the day it's just another step towards globalism.

Eventually no one will say the pledge, no one will know the anthem and our country will have no individualism.
Here's the goal:
iu

It isnt a huge problem, but is a symptom of larger and more important issues. There are concerted efforts at work to destroy this country and to do so by all means. Financially, socially, culturally, education, etc.
I guess my issue is that this is a distraction... on both sides. We have far bigger concerns than this triggering nonsense. I've been saying this for over 4 years.

You're reaching.

There isnt some ground swell to have it in everyone's face at all times, to assert so is dishonest.

There are places that is has been routine. Routines are changed for a reason.

“This routine made no sense from Day 1” is a valid reason

I guess my issue is that this is a distraction... on both sides. We have far bigger concerns than this triggering nonsense. I've been saying this for over 4 years.

You are not wrong. But this is a message board, seems like a very routine and logical subject to get posted.

Evidently people were quite happy with it, as the overwhelming majority, for decades, stood and sung along.

“No one kneeled” does not equal “everyone was so excited to show their patriotism before sporting events because they just really wanted to!!!”

I’m sure plenty found it rather pointless, because it is (and most of this thread seems to agree)

It's an erosion of our country nationalism.

We can debate the reasons, how the military paid for it, etc but at the end of the day it's just another step towards globalism.

Eventually no one will say the pledge, no one will know the anthem and our country will have no individualism.

Besides our traditions are racist because they don't reflect the values of illegal aliens (and apparently some citizens) squatting on our land.

Reactions: NEO and allvol123

VN Store

Back