CTV’s Lemonade Stand - Friday

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Listening to the radio interview earlier, if the suspension is upheld Coach Vitello says he will be having a lemonade stand outside the stadium offering Vols gear and promo material for Friday’s game. Sounded serious.....

Says AD Fulmer is helping appeal the suspension and should know something soon.

Reactions: 4 people
Wow! It would be cool if he did do it! 2 games is pretty harsh, hopefully the appeal works.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow! It would be cool if he did do it! 2 games is pretty harsh, hopefully the appeal works.

Probably will generate a fair amount of press, suspended coach selling or giving away lemonade before a game is a great idea.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that Dave Serrano ever got ejected as UT's manager.

Bobby Cox was the king of ejections.

Coach V making a statement...nice...he's a fighter, no doubt...good press for him and UT...AD Fulmer appealing...good on'em, whether we win or not...:thumbsup:

GBO!

I may be wrong, but I don't think that Dave Serrano ever got ejected as UT's manager.

Bobby Cox was the king of ejections.

Heck, I got suspended in my kids T-ball way back when. Only 1 game however. I was in the right and I still can’t stand the other coach I got into with.....

Word of caution, don’t tell the opposing coach to go F himself during a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Heck, I got suspended in my kids T-ball way back when. Only 1 game however. I was in the right and I still can’t stand the other coach I got into with.....

Word of caution, don’t tell the opposing coach to go F himself during a game.

Yeah you’re not in the right if you did that.

Reactions: 4 people
So give us the story

Why did you say that to him?

In t-ball there is a circle around the pitchers mound and when the ball enters the circle the play stops and runners hold. Most of us coaches agreed to stop running when the ball entered the infield as these were 4 and 5 year olds and made the game not so chaotic. During this particular game we did this for a few innings and when his team was down a few runs he started having his guys keep running until the ball came into the circle which of course his team ended up taking the lead. So now both teams are running until the ball enters the circle. My team ended up winning the game in the last inning by tagging out a runner at home to end the game.

As the teams were shaking hands after the game, the coaches were at the end of the line and as we passed one another I politely said "FU".

In t-ball there is a circle around the pitchers mound and when the ball enters the circle the play stops and runners hold. Most of us coaches agreed to stop running when the ball entered the infield as these were 4 and 5 year olds and made the game not so chaotic. During this particular game we did this for a few innings and when his team was down a few runs he started having his guys keep running until the ball came into the circle which of course his team ended up taking the lead. So now both teams are running until the ball enters the circle. My team ended up winning the game in the last inning by tagging out a runner at home to end the game.

As the teams were shaking hands after the game, the coaches were at the end of the line and as we passed one another I politely said "FU".

Lol

Kind of sucks when the rules change toward the end of games doesn't it ??😎

With 4 and 5 year olds, I am a little surprised you were keeping score and keeping up with outs. In my son's league, they were just trying to field the ball and throw it to first. Everyone hit and ran the bases.

I am as competitive as the next guy, but that is being really competitive.

With 4 and 5 year olds, I am a little surprised you were keeping score and keeping up with outs. In my son's league, they were just trying to field the ball and throw it to first. Everyone hit and ran the bases.

I am as competitive as the next guy, but that is being really competitive.

Gotta keep score. If not, what’s the point.

Gotta keep score. If not, what’s the point.

In a 4-5 year old league, you are trying to teach fundamentals. In most leagues, everyone bats and runs the bases (therefore, everyone crosses home plate). There is no point in keeping score. Some kids would never learn how to run the bases in a live game if they kept up with outs.

You have to walk before you can run. Again, I am very competitive and don't necessarily believe in participation trophies. But you can't do it that early. There's a reason why there aren't many basketball leagues (if any) at that age.

In a 4-5 year old league, you are trying to teach fundamentals. In most leagues, everyone bats and runs the bases (therefore, everyone crosses home plate). There is no point in keeping score. Some kids would never learn how to run the bases in a live game if they kept up with outs.

You have to walk before you can run. Again, I am very competitive and don't necessarily believe in participation trophies. But you can't do it that early. There's a reason why there aren't many basketball leagues (if any) at that age.

Agree with this. T-ball should be a learning environment, no point in keeping score. Just tell them they won at the end.

Ok story time for me and my one run in with another youth coach. I was coaching my sons 9 year old team and one of the players rolled his ankle stepping on a base. Well per tourney rules that player was to be called out if he wasn't able to continue his other ABs unless the opposing coach agreed to let that spot be skipped in the lineup. All 10 players we had were already hitting in the original lineup
So subbing out wasn't an option. Well the other coach wouldnt budge on the rule and the kids dad made him hit even though he was crying and Could barely walk to home plate.

I gave that coach the worst ass chewing anyone has had in a long time telling him his winning is the only thing coaching was an embarrassment to youth sports. Oh and we won anyway. Still pisses me off.

Ok story time for me and my one run in with another youth coach. I was coaching my sons 9 year old team and one of the players rolled his ankle stepping on a base. Well per tourney rules that player was to be called out if he wasn't able to continue his other ABs unless the opposing coach agreed to let that spot be skipped in the lineup. All 10 players we had were already hitting in the original lineup
So subbing out wasn't an option. Well the other coach wouldnt budge on the rule and the kids dad made him hit even though he was crying and Could barely walk to home plate.

I gave that coach the worst ass chewing anyone has had in a long time telling him his winning is the only thing coaching was an embarrassment to youth sports. Oh and we won anyway. Still pisses me off.

Was the kids dad also a coach? You should have just sat him and taken the out.

VN Store

Back