'22 CT DT Jeffrey M'ba (JUCO)

Really bad timing here for Auburn. I bet a bunch of the recent recruits are sick - particularly JUCO or transfer guys. Slots may be filled and nowhere to go from their original choices. M'ba comes to mind as a guy who likely would want a re-do.

I confess that I don’t understand the ins and outs of the transfer rules and the NILs (perhaps the latter is near rule-less right now). But it would be hard for me to fathom that incoming recruits cannot change their minds about the college they’re attending for whatever reason and be unable to transfer when an enrolled player can transfer and be immediately eligible. What I mean is how could M’ba, Scott, and Gilbert be locked in whereas Tank could transfer and be eligible?

I wonder if Auburn is at the front end of a decade of utter irrelevance and disfunction.

• Fired long-time coach who was a consistent winner, but didn't win enough for the fans
  • "Super coach" replacement gone after one year
  • Hiring a replacement to the replacement at an odd time of year in a panic when there aren't many viable candidates
  • Tons of players transferring out
  • Unstable class coming in
Sounds a little like 2010...
If they can keep the dysfunction to just a decade they will be doing better that we did.

VN Store

Back