'22 CT DT Jeffrey M'ba (JUCO)

I remember that what he said was not equivalent to the interpretation some here gave. Do you have the exact quote? I can't find it.

I did find articles with a google search where he spoke very positive about UT.

I am not making any predictions. I don't know any inside info. I just think some folks here prematurely closed the book on this one based on what may be a misinterpreted statement.

Also- I believe his first language is French. I have worked with enough Spanish first people to know that they sometimes say parts of sentences in English like they would in Spanish. It is easy to misconstrue what they're saying.
He has a blog he does summarizing each visit. He's seems to be a very respectful kid and only has good things to say about every school. We're the only school that he had any comments about fit, and what he said wasn't disrespectful. It really looks like Mizzou or Miami. He really likes Cristobal, but he dipped on Oregon before M'ba took his visit. He had already visited Miami though. Missouri has a coach that is somehow tied to his JUCO, and apparently there's a big connection there.

If a job position didn't seem like a good "fit" for you, and you took the job anyway... 9 times out of 10 your new employer would soon arrive at the same original conclusion.

"Fit" is ambiguous, but it covers a lot of intuitive territory. If it plays out this way, I think his decision is a win/win: for the player and for us.

His words were basically that RG was impressive, but it had to be the right fit for him. Then he eliminated us from the potential landing spots.
Heupel said yesterday that it takes EVERYBODY, from the football people to the admin people, from the students on campus to the professors, from the city of Knoxville to the state of Tennessee. We just automatically assumed it was something football related that pushed him away; but, in all reality, it could have been ANYTHING. Maybe he didn't like Knoxville...maybe he didn't like the campus...maybe he overheard some students talking, and he didn't like what they were saying...maybe a professor or administrator said the wrong thing...

It could have been any one thing, of a myriad of things, that rubbed this kid the wrong way. I respect his honesty, but see you later. Next.

What the hell does that mean?
Personally I think the guy sees how much the defense is out on the field. I think CRG put it straight to him what he expected from his lineman. I think this dude feels he’s the best in the game. It’s like being the biggest and best athlete on the field in high school. He wants to think he’s the greatest and everything just handed to him. But we all know what CRG expects....That’s my opinion on it

He has a blog he does summarizing each visit. He's seems to be a very respectful kid and only has good things to say about every school. We're the only school that he had any comments about fit, and what he said wasn't disrespectful. It really looks like Mizzou or Miami. He really likes Cristobal, but he dipped on Oregon before M'ba took his visit. He had already visited Miami though. Missouri has a coach that is somehow tied to his JUCO, and apparently there's a big connection there.
And I doubt any school that recruited him emphasized being a cultural fit more than UT did. They preach it all the time. Multiple recruits have commented on the culture and how it attracted them... they were fits. He was very likely parroting what he heard from the coaches as they recruited him. I don't know what his feelings or intentions are. He may very well believe UT isn't a good fit for him. I just don't think that comment means what some read into it.

Reactions: perico
Guess I missed where we were eliminated. From his blog he spoke highly of his visit here and just said he will make his decision on the 19th
He posted logos of his finalists on Twitter or Instagram a few days ago. He didn't mention it in his blog.

Did this guy not sign? Does he have to wait till Feb now? Always curious about guys I think were high on our board.

He’s signing from his home in France and I believe it’s tonight. According to the insiders we are not a player anymore because of “fit”.

He’s signing from his home in France and I believe it’s tonight. According to the insiders we are not a player anymore because of “fit”.

I thought the window closed for all guys Friday, but found the following on Nationalletter.org.

NLI Signing Dates
Prospective Student-Athletes Signing 2021-22 and Enrolling 2022-23
Sport (s)
Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
Division I Basketball (Early Period)November 10, 2021 November 17, 2021
Division I Basketball (Regular Period)April 13, 2022 May 18, 2022
Division I Football (Early Period)December 15, 2021 December 17, 2021
Division I and II Football (Midyear JC Transfer)December 15, 2021January 15, 2022
Division I and II Football (Regular Period)February 2, 2022 Division I: April 1, 2022 Division II: August 1, 2022
All Other Division I and II SportsNovember 10, 2021August 1, 2022

I don't know when he eliminated Miami and Houston, and put us back in the mix. But, I still think we're just a hat on the table unless some things have changed behind the scenes. I know that us and Mizzou were the only schools that mama got to see. I'm going Missouri on this one. Hope I'm wrong as hell, and it's another RG special.

I don't know when he eliminated Miami and Houston, and put us back in the mix. But, I still think we're just a hat on the table unless some things have changed behind the scenes. I know that us and Mizzou were the only schools that mama got to see. I'm going Missouri on this one. Hope I'm wrong as hell, and it's another RG special.
I still think you guys have completely and totally misinterpreted that comment.

Drinkwitz probably wants to milk this for all it’s worth because he ain’t getting any guys over us for a long time after this.

Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back