Crystal Dangerfield

Saracasm would have been something like, hey Crystal if you had come to play for Holly, you could also have no championships. What you wrote, read exactly like a mean-spirited rant.
Good point. Irony and sarcasm are actually hard to write. When done poorly (see OP) it just comes across as straight up stupid.

Thank you for leaving the state of Tennessee to become a huskie where im sure you thought you would win multiple championships ! You are now 0-3 and on track to become the first huskie to not win a championship in her 4 yrs in more than a decade. #Congrats
She is a young person and did what she thought was best for herself...no natty yet, but she has 3 final4 trophies...that beats our current situation...hmmmšŸ¤”

Reactions: feathersax
I think Dangerfield made the right choice. Played in three final fours and would have a big 0 if she had come to Tennessee. No doubt she would've made Tennessee better but doubt Holly and her staff would've gotten the production or solid play out of her here that she has given them. We really need a coach coming in that can develop and get the best out of the players. Some of the great players on our team are not even close to reaching their potential. We have to hope the next coach will have the ability to get the ultimate out of players ability and of course close down the state of Tennessee in recruiting.

And yet this is appropriate? People pick abd choose on this board such a piece of crock ___. I said what i said get over it. No ships for Dangerfield may as well have joined the LVs

Dangerfield has been to three Final Fours so far, won three regular season championships and three conference tournament championships. Sadly, if sheā€™d stayed in Tennessee sheā€™d have zero Final Fours and zero championships of any kind on her college resume.

Iā€™m sorry for us all that we lost out on a prized Tennessee player, but she definitely made the right choice as far as prospects of championships was concerned.

Now, with whomever the next coach is ā€” and I think itā€™ll be a terrific hire ā€” players like Dangerfield may find it a lot easier to believe that Tennessee has just as good a chance at winning championships as anyone else! Iā€™m looking forward to this next period in Lady Vol history as we get back to winning titles and glory for the prized recruits that choose Tennessee.

Good times are ahead!

Really, I think shes probably happy with her decision, when you look at how successful the Lady Vols have been the last several years. I dislike UConn as much as any UT fan, but they are in the thick of a National Championship every year whether they win it or not. You need to steer your saltiness towards the coaching search and not at other players and their choices! Good Grief!

Thank you for leaving the state of Tennessee to become a huskie where im sure you thought you would win multiple championships ! You are now 0-3 and on track to become the first huskie to not win a championship in her 4 yrs in more than a decade. #Congrats

Congrats on creating a useless, pathetic and absolutely ignorant post criticizing a young woman for doing what she feels is best for HER. If I'm a recruit the last few years where would I have wanted to play, for the most dominant program of the last 15 years or play for Holly Warlick? Such a tough choice.

No wonder people are hesitant to make new posts. The OP is not THAT bad. Not like he's wishing death on her. Just ticked she shunned Tennessee...which is understandable. I saw a lot worse in regard to Cade Mays.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

Most laughable post that I have seen on this board.

Look more. This is in the 95th percentile, but it actually can get worse. šŸ˜†

OP is making fun of a young lady who chose to play for an HoF coach over the one we just fired. Plus she's been in 3 FFs while we have a 4 game losing streak to Alabama! OP is a true visionary.

I agree with most of you.... possibly the most ignorant post seen here in a while.... everyone is an individual and makes their decisions accordingly....

Are you saying or even implying that Crystal Dangerfield could have done much better under the tutelage and guidance of Holly Warlick rather than Geno Auriemma? For my money, I think her future is brighter now thanks to the ample dosage of good coaching where she went.... I am sure she will succeed at the next level

Hope we have that sort of coaching soon... say this week....

And on the same line of your thinking..... what were Russell, Nared and Westbrook thinking leaving the state of Oregon.... I am sure they saw future championships with Holly Warlick.... and now they are 0 for 10 plus an impending transfer.....

Uhm....yeah, whats happening here? You chastising someone for not doing what you wanted them to do? Really?

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
" Why dont you call me sometime when you have no class?"

You all are a major reason why womenā€™s basketball struggles to grow. A poster taunted an in-state player for choosing to attend a rival school. Oh, how mean and nasty. The horror. Fans taunt players. Itā€™s part of sports and makes it fun. The poster didnā€™t make any personal attack. I get so frustrated with WCBB fans because most of you act like the players have developmental disabilities and have to be coddled. Itā€™s like a damn day care on this board my goodness.

Iā€™ll be the first one celebrating when UCONN is eliminated next year and Dangerfield walks away with ZERO titles. Omg, Iā€™m such a meanie ; )

N
You all are a major reason why womenā€™s basketball struggles to grow. A poster taunted an in-state player for choosing to attend a rival school. Oh, how mean and nasty. The horror. Fans taunt players. Itā€™s part of sports and makes it fun. The poster didnā€™t make any personal attack. I get so frustrated with WCBB fans because most of you act like the players have developmental disabilities and have to be coddled. Itā€™s like a damn day care on this board my goodness.

Iā€™ll be the first one celebrating when UCONN is eliminated next year and Dangerfield walks away with ZERO titles. Omg, Iā€™m such a meanie ; )[/QUOTE

Nah. Not a meanie Just a sad example of humanity

Iā€™ll be the first one celebrating when UCONN is eliminated next year and Dangerfield walks away with ZERO titles. Omg, Iā€™m such a meanie ; )

Blah, blah, people are too nice! PC has ruined the world because I can't insult a 20 year-old with impunity. WHAHAHAHAAHAHA! not fair.

But it is not even about coddling in this case; the "taunt" is so incredibly stupid; it deserved to be FLAMED.

The posters' taunt would have made more sense if say the LVs had won a national championship in that era. Then yeah, hey Dangerfield look what you could have had. But the LVs did not make a single final four, or even a single elite 8, or even a single Sweet 16 in the last three seasons.

So, this is like someone who passed on a ticket for the Titanic getting this message right after it sank - "sucks to be you, look what you missed--drowning in freezing water, nah, nah, nah #YOLO!!!

The mirror image of this taunt is "Hey Dangerfield, you could have come to Tennessee and never made the final four, or the elite 8, or the sweet 16 and never have won a conference title. Sucks to be you playing for national title contender every year and being on the fast track to be a #1 WNBA pick; #missed opportunity to join a mediocre program

Last edited:
Blah, blah, people are too nice! PC has ruined the world because I can't insult a 20 year-old with impunity. WHAHAHAHAAHAHA! not fair.

But it is not even about coddling in this case; the "taunt" is so incredibly stupid; it deserved to be FLAMED.

The posters' taunt would have made more sense if say the LVs had won a national championship in that era. Then yeah, hey Dangerfield look what you could have had. But the LVs did make a single final four, or even a single elite 8, or even a single Sweet 16 in the last three seasons.

So, this is like someone who passed on a ticket for the Titanic getting message right after it sank - "sucks to be you, look what you missed--drowning in freezing water, nah, nah, nah #YOLO!!!

The mirror image of this taunt is "Hey Dangerfield, you could have come to Tennessee and never made the final four, or the elite 8, or the sweet 16 and never have won a conference title. Sucks to be you playing for national title contender every year and being on the fast track to be a #1 WNBA pick; #missed opportunity to join a mediocre program

No one knows what UT would have done. You can speculate that since they didnā€™t win titles without her, they wouldnā€™t have won any with herā€”but no one knows because it never happened. Itā€™s so odd for fans to defend UCONN players on a Tennessee fan board. I donā€™t know if this is just a WCBB thing because Iā€™ve never seen anything like it on a college basketball or football board.

No one knows what UT would have done. You can speculate that since they didnā€™t win titles without her, they wouldnā€™t have won any with herā€”but no one knows because it never happened. Itā€™s so odd for fans to defend UCONN players on a Tennessee fan board. I donā€™t know if this is just a WCBB thing because Iā€™ve never seen anything like it on a college basketball or football board.

HAHAHA. There is no speculation. Dangerfield had 3 final 4 appearances with Uconn and the LVs had none. So, there is no plausible reason to argue that she made a poor choice or that should have any regrets.

And I am sure given Holly's track record that just one more player would have converted them from a team that barely made the tournament and was eliminated in the first round to a national title contender.

If you believe that, you must also be in the "We should a kept holly" camp as well cause, she was just one player away right?

And no one is defending a UConn player; we are flaming an idiotic post

I am done with this idiocy, feel free to have the last "word."

Last edited:
Grant would not have left NC if Duke,NC and NCS had been hot after him! We beat out some Ivy league school for him!!

Who is Crystal Dangerfield? Doesn't appear she is gettin' any respect!!@

VN Store

Back