Crouch and maybe Henry T to go thru spring practice and evaluate

Not to mention the possibility of getting hurt in spring ball while he finds out all the things Alabama needs to know in order to beat TN. The paranoia in here constantly amazes me.
I think you’re just being paranoid about our paranoia.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: OllVol
Nothing personal, in either case. But, they have shown, and HT has stated, via his father, they do not want to be here. Hurtful **** has been exchanged. Its over. Let them move on. Good luck, to you both. Peace.

Nothing personal, in either case. But, they have shown, and HT has stated, via his father, they do not want to be here. Hurtful **** has been exchanged. Its over. Let them move on. Good luck, to you both. Peace.
So you are sure that the father acted at the behest of the son. Papa T may have expressed his feelings about UT and not his son's. How eager some of this fan base is to turn the players.

So you are sure that the father acted at the behest of the son. Papa T may have expressed his feelings about UT and not his son's. How eager some of this fan base is to turn the players.
I'm saying I do not want anyone that doesn't want to be here. Their ACTIONS(Going into the TP) back up Papa T's words. Let em go. Plus, are they involved in taking money from Pruitt's people? Do we really want them, if they were?

I'm saying I do not want anyone that doesn't want to be here. Their ACTIONS(Going into the TP) back up Papa T's words. Let em go. Plus, are they involved in taking money from Pruitt's people? Do we really want them, if they were?
Or maybe it is a snap reaction to a bad situation. Who knows how bad things got in the locker room. Could it be that things were said by the outgoing staff that did not settle well with two of the elite players that were recruited? There were several uncomplimtery posts about both players on here that could have had an inflammatory effect on their collective mindset. Could Papa T have influenced his son into going into the portal? If he really doesn't want to be here, he won't be. I will give it a wait and see until they actually say they plan on leaving or actually transfers.

Reactions: All_Vol87
Or maybe it is a snap reaction to a bad situation. Who knows how bad things got in the locker room. Could it be that things were said by the outgoing staff that did not settle well with two of the elite players that were recruited? There were several uncomplimtery posts about both players on here that could have had an inflammatory effect on their collective mindset. Could Papa T have influenced his son into going into the portal? If he really doesn't want to be here, he won't be. I will give it a wait and see until they actually say they plan on leaving or actually transfers.
I am not concerned, either way. They can stay if they want.......or leave. UT will survive.

But VN already decided these guys were pieces of crap character-wise and mediocre football-wise because they entered the portal. Do HT and QC know we ‘didn’t want them anyway’?
More relevant question...would they care? If yes, back to the we “didn’t want them anyway” thing.

It's not turning on the players. It's playing the odds. There is far more to suggest he is leaving then staying. You aren't a better fan bc other people are taking a more realistic approach.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Ridiculous idea. If they are not commiting to Tennessee in the fall, then they shouldn't be allowed on our practice field. Remember these two entered the portal to transfer. They took the first move to leave. We should not play their game.

They have the leverage. We definitely need them.

If not Henry should have manned up and said something himself. They need to just leave. Clean slate for all parties.

Reactions: davethevol
I have been a Vol fan for 60 years.............Just my opinion. Yes, I have ties to UT being a UTM grad . No player is larger than the University of Tennessee. If these two players do not want to be at UT then leave. We want players devoted to playing for the University of Tenn, not a coach or a booster.

I have been a Vol fan for 60 years.............Just my opinion. Yes, I have ties to UT being a UTM grad . No player is larger than the University of Tennessee. If these two players do not want to be at UT then leave. We want players devoted to playing for the University of Tenn, not a coach or a booster.
Stone Cold & I agree.

Attachments

• Stone Cold bottom line.jpg
    Stone Cold bottom line.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
So...they get an insider view of the defensive alignments, terminology, etc. with a reasonable expectation they will be leaving. I understand transfers are common place but this situation seems problematic to me. Especially if HT goes to Bama...
Next up...It's an Alabama Spy!!!

raw

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Per RockytopInsider this would be welcome news. At least maybe one of them would choose to stay.

"The sophomore duo of Henry To’o To’o and Quavaris Crouch were Tennessee’s starting inside linebackers last season, but both could end up leaving Rocky Top by the time the season-opener on Sept. 4 against Bowling Green rolls around.

In the case of To’o To’o, the California native is already in the transfer portal, though he could potentially be returning to Knoxville for spring practice. Crouch has been rumored to be transferring following the coaching change, but is going to go through spring practice and get a gauge for the new staff before making a final decision."
I'm sure I'll get some blowback for saying this, but I honestly don't care about either one of those guys. If they have one foot out the door and aren't all in for this program, I don't want them anymore. Not sour grapes here. Look, we're gonna take some pain these next several years and beyond depending on what the NCAA does to us. I'm not the least bit concerned about the guys who seem to be tempted by the portal and are looking around. We've got a program to rebuild and if they aren't fully invested in that....get gone already.

Reactions: TnAngler
Only out done by the eagerness of some players to turn on their teammates.

Exactly. And unfortunately this is what the transfer portal has created; a much easier path for a player to set aside their commitments and to put self ahead of all else.

When a player signs on the dotted line to play for a school, they are making a commitment, not just to the school, not just to the coaching staff, but also to their future fellow teammates. Isnt part of a player's development supposed to be learning to honor their commitments? Isn't part of a player's development supposed to be learning to face challenges head on and to be part of the SOLUTION instead of folding your tent and running at the first sign of adversity? Shouldn't part of a player's development be to demonstrate leadership and set an example for everyone else by reinforcing their commitment to help make the situation BETTER for their team in the face of tough times? I hate the transfer portal because it completely de-incintivizes player's from even considering any of that and it helps reinforce the "me me me" mentality that we are already struggling like hell against to develop, both young men and women.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Ridiculous idea. If they are not commiting to Tennessee in the fall, then they shouldn't be allowed on our practice field. Remember these two entered the portal to transfer. They took the first move to leave. We should not play their game.
So let me make sure I understand this. Players who are committed to staying at UT are gonna practice alongside players who may be in or may be out. Yeah that’s gonna work out great for everyone. /bright blue font

Well let’s see here HT enters portal, daddy says they will just go to Bama, Bama over signs on signing day, suddenly HT wants to give new staff a chance.

Sounds like him and daddy are just tryin to use UT to by time so Saban can clear some roster room via transfers and Jucoing players. Once that room is cleared, roughly after spring practice, HT will say he gave it a shot and it’s not working, even though it’s was never a fair shot, then he will announce his transfer to Bama.

Reactions: The_Big_Orange
All the players are in a bad situation. You don’t see the others tweeting about how it was a mistake to come to TN.

Well let’s see here HT enters portal, daddy says they will just go to Bama, Bama over signs on signing day, suddenly HT wants to give new staff a chance.

Sounds like him and daddy are just tryin to use UT to by time so Saban can clear some roster room via transfers and Jucoing players. Once that room is cleared, roughly after spring practice, HT will say he gave it a shot and it’s not working, even though it’s was never a fair shot, then he will announce his transfer to Bama.
Tme.gif

Being a part of building something is far more satisfying than being a part of something that is already established. If they don’t want to be a part of this new journey, then they should leave.
Good luck and good riddance

VN Store

Back