Crouch and maybe Henry T to go thru spring practice and evaluate

How many of you guys have threatened to stop being fans, not buy tickets, not watch on TV, etc., if coaching fire/hire decisions didn't go the way you wanted? Show the admin an empty stadium to make your point, etc.?
Yes

So, for the conspiracy theorists, you think HT is thinking the best thing for his career is to learn the new UT playbook so he can tell a bama team that has won 14 straight over us what is going to happen, instead of transferring to bama so he can learn their playbook that will directly impact his playing time and development?

Not to mention the possibility of getting hurt in spring ball while he finds out all the things Alabama needs to know in order to beat TN. The paranoia in here constantly amazes me.

''Alright boys we're gonna start practice by working on covering the slant''
giphy.gif

The Slant must be stopped.

Good news. I hope both decide to stay. New coaching staff gets a chance to show ā€˜em that they know a thing or two about D. While many on VN may not understand it, these guys liked Pruitt and didnā€™t want him fired. But maybe, just maybe, they will warm up to the new staff.

I would not let either of those guys practice spring ball unless they removed themselves from the portal. Iā€™m not sure I would even let Henry T return at all after what his Dad posted.
What would prevent them from stepping out of the portal, only to flip back at the last minute? I truly do not think it matters. At the very least, HT is an important member of the defense. Should he really be held accountable for a comment made by his dad? There s a high probability HT had no foreknowledge his dad was going to be a jerk. crouch still has a chance to be a contributor. Who knows, maybe he will flip to the other side of the ball where most were recruiting him in the first place.

What would prevent them from stepping out of the portal, only to flip back at the last minute? I truly do not think it matters. At the very least, HT is an important member of the defense. Should he really be held accountable for a comment made by his dad? There s a high probability HT had no foreknowledge his dad was going to be a jerk. crouch still has a chance to be a contributor. Who knows, maybe he will flip to the other side of the ball where most were recruiting him in the first place.
The more I think about it I would not let any starters or anyone receiving significant playing time back once they hit the portal. Just too many wrong things can happen including team dissension with players who do not know if they want to be here.

I don't know if it was true, but someone noted that since they've taken classes, they're forbidden from transferring to another school until the spring semester ends. Can any confirm whether this is covered in the NCAA rule book?

If so, then yeah, they kinda got themselves stuck and should stay with the team for now, so they can work out and get to know the new coaching staff. It's good for the lads, fits Coach Heupel's value of "family," teaches the rest of the team forgiveness and compassion, and might just give us more depth at LB in 2021. Seems pretty win-win to me.

Go Vols!

p.s. If they do go through spring camp as Vols, and then still want to transfer in June, they shouldn't be allowed to transfer within the SEC or to any opponent we play this year. Cost of getting the opportunity to learn our new coaching staff's schemes and play book.
Is that the Orgeron rule? šŸ˜„

Ridiculous idea. If they are not commiting to Tennessee in the fall, then they shouldn't be allowed on our practice field. Remember these two entered the portal to transfer. They took the first move to leave. We should not play their game.
Agreed, if they cannot commit to the University, they should not be getting a free ride while they make up their mind. If their Only concern is going where they can give themselves the best chance to the NFL, let them find another way to pay for education.

Reactions: lefthander
Ridiculous idea. If they are not commiting to Tennessee in the fall, then they shouldn't be allowed on our practice field. Remember these two entered the portal to transfer. They took the first move to leave. We should not play their game.
Ole Nick to HT: stay up there long enough to gather me some good info on this new staff

No problem either if they want to leave, but we donā€™t need anyone here in the spring that donā€™t plan on playing in the fall.
Only this program would even discuss this. All of the people in the portal need to know its one way. They were 3-7 and big contributors to that number. Be gone

I thought the quotes from Henry Ts dad came from a Bama sports writer. Are yall telling me we got trolled by a post on a rivals forum? I feel like Im missing something here...

Reactions: VolNExile
So, for the conspiracy theorists, you think HT is thinking the best thing for his career is to learn the new UT playbook so he can tell a bama team that has won 14 straight over us what is going to happen, instead of transferring to bama so he can learn their playbook that will directly impact his playing time and development?
Yes, thatā€™s exactly what we think.
GBO!!

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

I hear you but man this isnā€™t the X files. This is TN football... the ā€œonlyā€ way anything has played out over the last 10 years is by the truth being stranger than fiction.

Not to mention the possibility of getting hurt in spring ball while he finds out all the things Alabama needs to know in order to beat TN. The paranoia in here constantly amazes me.

Alabama will have to find out if he even goes to McDonald's, or does he prefer Burger King.

VN Store

Back