Crouch and maybe Henry T to go thru spring practice and evaluate

I do have issue with an intra-SEC transfer if they participate in Spring Ball. No way Henry T should be allowed to get an insider look into a coach, system, etc in year one spring ball and then bolt to Bama.

If they go through spring ball prior to a decision then they should not be allowed to go somewhere who’s on your schedule this year......you want to go to Bama, see ya, but you’re not going through spring with us.

So, for the conspiracy theorists, you think HT is thinking the best thing for his career is to learn the new UT playbook so he can tell a bama team that has won 14 straight over us what is going to happen, instead of transferring to bama so he can learn their playbook that will directly impact his playing time and development?

I do have issue with an intra-SEC transfer if they participate in Spring Ball. No way Henry T should be allowed to get an insider look into a coach, system, etc in year one spring ball and then bolt to Bama.

If they go through spring ball prior to a decision then they should not be allowed to go somewhere who’s on your schedule this year......you want to go to Bama, see ya, but you’re not going through spring with us.
Spring ball is pretty basic vanilla.

Ridiculous idea. If they are not commiting to Tennessee in the fall, then they shouldn't be allowed on our practice field. Remember these two entered the portal to transfer. They took the first move to leave. We should not play their game.
Get over yourself

If we could scientifically combine To’o To’o instincts with Crouch's physicality we would have a pretty good LB. I think Crouch gets recruited over by the time season starts. He just does not have enough awareness. Henry needs to add 25 pounds, instead of losing 10.

Agree with this to a point. I think they may not be getting the offers from high end teams. That they expected especially offers with guarantees. IMO neither would start for Bama, yes they’d play every game but mostly ST they’ve got potential to be NFL players. I’m sure that’s why their checking around they want to be coached up. May come down to next DC for Vols in their final decision.

They need to be in school and in somebody’s Spring Practice for their own good. The late coaching change really screwed up their timing as far as being able to look at options and transfer before Spring semester.
There should be no options! They signed to play at UT that’s where they should play! This is not the pros!

Agree with this to a point. I think they may not be getting the offers from high end teams. That they expected especially offers with guarantees. IMO neither would start for Bama, yes they’d play every game but mostly ST they’ve got potential to be NFL players. I’m sure that’s why their checking around they want to be coached up. May come down to next DC for Vols in their final decision.
Neither can cover a good TE

Coaches will know by the end of practice 3 if they are staying or going.

I personally wouldn't give them that kind of time to make a decision.

I think it is asking for trouble in the locker room to have one group of players who are bought in and another group who only buys in if they don't like what they see on the other side of the fence.

It is a business at the end of the day for players and coaches. Part of doing business is dealing with the consequences of one's decisions however.

It is a business at the end of the day for players and coaches. Part of doing business is dealing with the consequences of one's decisions however.
I agree. We have to deal with the consequences of:
1) Previously hiring a failure of a coach (for the third straight time) that also got caught cheating on a massive scale that will lead to some type of sanctions.
2) Failing to currently hire a complete defensive staff so the players even know who would be their coach here.
One of the consequences UT faces is that players might be concerned about those things.

But VN already decided these guys were pieces of crap character-wise and mediocre football-wise because they entered the portal. Do HT and QC know we ‘didn’t want them anyway’?

I think ANY player that comes to a school solely for a specific coach is foolish in this day and time. When that coach does not produce and gets fired and you get you feelings hurt plus all the other accusations fling around at the time fans get a little chippy and say what they will. If you they don't want to be here let them go and find somebody that does.

The thing with both of them is the simple fact that they were asked to do things that they simple couldn't do. Too'Too' was to small to play in the middle and was not fast, quick or strong enough to cover a big TE or a fast RB in pass coverage. Couch should be on the other side of the ball.
Watching him at times on defense was similar to watching a Chinese fire drill. He wanted to get somewhere but he wasn't sure why or how and when he finally figured out where to go more times than not he was late.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I really would like to see how a new DC would use them both or if JH decides to put Couch on Offense if he stays. I could see Couch as a edge rusher though he has the tools to do that.

Last edited:
Thought Daddy To'o To'o already had young Henry headed for Alabama?

At this point I would be inclined to not let them take practice reps from players who actually want to be in Knoxville.
He can practice, if he removes himself from the portal.
Otherwise, he can eat the Tagliavoa's leftovers at their booster bought condo. I am done with Dad. If son wants to be here, he will; or not. You're either in or out. This not a case where I wish him well if he moves on to a rival. Sometimes you have to cast one out.

It seems foolish to me. He can go to the NFL after the 2021 season if he plays full time here. Or he can go to Tuscaloosa and maybe play enough in 2022 to show his potential. but whatever.
This crap is tiring.

Reactions: davethevol and sona

VN Store

Back