Crompton speaks on Chaney

Wonder how much that was of Cheney and how much that was of Kiffin?
The former UT signal caller explained the impact Chaney had on his career, telling Reising “I wish I would have had him (Chaney) for more than a year, because I would’ve reaped more benefits than I did with any other coaches”.

I havent been this excited about a coordinator coming to Knoxville since Bob Shoop came from Penn State...oh wait, Sal Sinseri from Alabama...or wait...Monte Kiffin from Tampa Bay... that works.

Seriously thou, I do expect Chaney to do a good job. Hes a proven OC. If this fails, its on the players. Or Will Friend.

Still irks me to this day how badly Crompton was treated by some in our fan base.

Not making excuses because he was treated poorly by so many.

For context, though, Crompton's 2008 season was one of the two most atrocious by a Tennessee starter in the previous two decades. It didn't help that he was a highly-touted national prospect and was the signal caller on the team that got Fulmer fired. As good as he was at times the next year under Kiffin, it wasn't the type of rebound we saw with Erik Ainge, who somehow is still our last 10-game winner.

Not making excuses because he was treated poorly by so many.

For context, though, Crompton's 2008 season was one of the two most atrocious by a Tennessee starter in the previous two decades. It didn't help that he was a highly-touted national prospect and was the signal caller on the team that got Fulmer fired. As good as he was at times the next year under Kiffin, it wasn't the type of rebound we saw with Erik Ainge, who somehow is still our last 10-game winner.

There was only one excuse for the pitiful season of 2008 and that was as bad of an offensive coaching job as the game of football has ever seen. There was way too much talent on that team to have such a terrible record. I dont know who to blame so I'll blame them all starting with Fulmer.

There was only one excuse for the pitiful season of 2008 and that was as bad of an offensive coaching job as the game of football has ever seen. There was way too much talent on that team to have such a terrible record. I dont know who to blame so I'll blame them all starting with Fulmer.
Play calling didnt have Crompton throwing half his passes to the stands or 5 yards in front of the WR.

Wonder how much that was of Cheney and how much that was of Kiffin?

In 2010-2013 it was 105% CJC and -5% CLK. From 2014-2018 it was 80% CLK & 20% CJC. From 2019-present it was 80%CJC and 20% CLK. All you have to do is follow VN to know these things. :rolleyes:;)

Reactions: XknoxvolsX
In 2010-2013 it was 105% CJC and -5% CLK. From 2014-2018 it was 80% CLK & 20% CJC. From 2019-present it was 80%CJC and 20% CLK. All you have to do is follow VN to know these things. :rolleyes:;)

What on earth did you just say? So many acronyms and percentages that a man with a 6 o'clock cocktail just can't keep up.

VN Store

Back