Criticism of trump over Puerto Rico.

lawgator1

In my opinion, it is ludicrous. Just As Trump has no particular control over the federal response to Texas or Florida, neither does he have particular control over the response to Puerto Rico. From what I understand, the problem isn't that the federal government is not sending massive supplies and Aid, it is that the island is so devastated, that there is no structure in place to distribute the materials. I just don't see how the federal government can do a whole lot about that, at least not nearly as much as the people who criticize Trump would say.

Reactions: 3 people
In my opinion, it is ludicrous. Just As Trump has no particular control over the federal response to Texas or Florida, neither does he have particular control over the response to Puerto Rico. From what I understand, the problem isn't that the federal government is not sending massive supplies and Aid, it is that the island is so devastated, that there is no structure in place to distribute the materials. I just don't see how the federal government can do a whole lot about that, at least not nearly as much as the people who criticize Trump would say.

for one it's an island and it also has terrible infrastructure. I'm also curious, but why have we not made it an official state? What is the purpose of keeping it a territory?

Supposedly, the FEMA supplies are getting delivered. The “1000’s of cargo containers full of supplies” they keep showing on tv are Wal-Mart and other big box stores there.

The roadways are devastated and there is no way for the truckers to get through. Also all of the truckers are trying to salvage their own homes.

Military members are being sent to help. There and the Virgin Islands. My son leaves out in the next couple of days.

For starters its Puerto Ricos own fault.

They get millions of federal dollars a year and invest almost zero into their infrastructure. Roadways are devastated because they never really existed to begin with. The squalor the average Rican lives in makes Mississippi look like Luxembourg.

Reactions: 2 people
for one it's an island and it also has terrible infrastructure. I'm also curious, but why have we not made it an official state? What is the purpose of keeping it a territory?

What is the point of keeping it a territory? Do we think the Spaniards will be back anytime soon?

The complaining is idiotic. It’s an island. You either get there by boat or plane. The airports were crippled so boat is about your only option. That takes time. And it’s not as if they’ve been keeping things up. My guess is a lot of people displace to the mainland and don’t go back.

I'm sure if we didn't the Russia would set up shop there. I think it's simply for strategic influence.

Supposedly, the FEMA supplies are getting delivered. The “1000’s of cargo containers full of supplies” they keep showing on tv are Wal-Mart and other big box stores there.

The roadways are devastated and there is no way for the truckers to get through. Also all of the truckers are trying to salvage their own homes.

Military members are being sent to help. There and the Virgin Islands. My son leaves out in the next couple of days.

They're also running out of gas on the island

I agree but the criticism may be because he was patting himself on the back for a great job, declared victory and attacked the NFL.

Reactions: 8 people

Well, we have very stupid laws about how boats have to port in the US before they go to Puerto Rico, which obviously gets in the way of commerce, and in this case, emergency aid. Trump wasn't going to lift the rule until he was criticized.

Just glad they got it right. **** that law in the first place.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, we have very stupid laws about how boats have to port in the US before they go to Puerto Rico, which obviously gets in the way of commerce, and in this case, emergency aid. Trump wasn't going to lift the rule until he was criticized.

Just glad they got it right. **** that law in the first place.

You do have to ask the question of if he even knew about it to begin with.

It is a stupid law. But probably one not many people knew about before this.

I think we need a General in charge of such things. Give them 2 days prep for an event the has a high probability of happening. Invade with establishing communication, supply lines, and manpower.

Reactions: 2 people
You do have to ask the question of if he even knew about it to begin with.

It is a stupid law. But probably one not many people knew about before this.

i knew about it, its a law that is very outdated.

VN Store

Back