Crazy to think...if we beat Ole Miss

Or if Bama wasn’t on our sch every year!!!
Ain’t gonna lie…could careless if we played Bama every year. We get punished for having them always on the schedule. Look at it this way since Nick Saban arrived in 2007…
Georgia with 10 times the talent than us has beaten Alabama 1 time out of 7 games. That 1 game was his 1st season in 2007.
Florida with 10 times the talent than us has beaten Alabama 1 time out of 9 games. That 1 game was his 2nd season in 2008 with Tim Tebow/Urban Meyer.
We haven’t had near the level of talent let alone level of coaching at Tennessee since 2007.

If the 2 Alpha Programs with all the Alpha talent in our division repeatedly can’t beat them…then why have a 90% automatic loss every year on our schedule? We can’t beat Florida or UGA let alone f’n Alabama.

I’m all about tradition and $#!T don’t get me wrong. I am even a hell of a lot more about getting another West Division team that we can have a WAY better shot at getting a W against. Roast me I don’t care.
UGA 1-7 UF 1-9 VOLS 0-15 that’s the facts. Would rather have the talent gap built up on this roster. Would rather have this offensive system rolling like a plug & play player machine….
1637891394825.gif

Or if Bama wasn’t on our sch every year!!!
I never understood why so many UT fans have a problem this?? It’s the game I personally look forward to the most every single season followed by Florida at 2 and GA at 3...we could lose every other game but if we won those 3 plus Vandy....I’m one happy VOL

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Since nobody else posted it, “if wishes were horses, beggars might ride.” And, keep Bama on the schedule, they won’t be good forever.

If we had held Matt Corral to 100 yards rushing up the gut, instead of 195 yards up the gut, the call would not have mattered. Those things have a way of evening out. Remember the face mask against Kentucky on us that was not called, just sayin. It has been a fun team to watch and plenty of hope for the future. We need portal linebackers immediately.
The reality is the strip, fumble recovery, touchdown was taken away from us.... no whistle, their was no "forward progress", and that play was called a touchdown by the refs..... we were screwed on that call

Imagine how we would feel right now if the Vols would have beaten Pitt and Ole Piss? Hueple would have already had Coach of the year wrapped up if we could have those 2 games back!
And if the Florida game and vandy games was switched we could have 3 games back.

If KY hadn't converted the next play into a 1st down, you would have a valid point.
???? The face mask would have gave them a first down and 15 yards. Play calling changes because of that. That's the prob with the IFs. IF you change the IF it changes a lot more than just the IF hence why the IFs, ORs, and Buts are so stupid

???? The face mask would have gave them a first down and 15 yards. Play calling changes because of that. That's the prob with the IFs. IF you change the IF it changes a lot more than just the IF hence why the IFs, ORs, and Buts are so stupid
KY had plenty of time to win, or lose, the game after they converted the first down. The face mask should have been called, but it did not affect the outcome of the game in any way shape form or fashion.

In my opinion, the back breaker against Ole Miss happened early in the game when Velus muffed the punt. But there were at least 2-3 pivotal calls in that game that were unacceptable, and altered the outcome. We would have won that game and Pitt if fairness was equally distributed.
While I do think we got screwed on the 3rd down run by Hooker late in the Pitt game, we lost that game on our own. 3 turnovers and something like 13 penalties are tough to overcome against good teams. Plus, after that botched call we didn’t challenge and then made a terrible play on 4th. I don’t know if the call was bad, execution was bad, or both but it wasn’t even close. Ole Miss had more screwing from the refs than Pitt but man that dropped punt was huge to start the game too. And then Hooker gets hurt, Milton almost became a hero if Tillman can jump a touch higher, and we were a whisker away from a W. It goes to show that our upper range really was 9-3 as some posters said. It’s been a solid year and I think we have a great staff. Hopefully they all return next year.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Always going to be that game or two that two or three plays make the difference between winning and losing. We had two of those games that we lost this year Pittsburgh and Ole Miss. Kentucky was one that went our way.

The refs didn't cost us anything in the Ole Miss game. There's a lot of if's that are directly on the team for losing that. We can't seem to get a stop on 3rd long for anything. I could go on and on. Just play a complete game in all phases and win.

We didn’t help ourselves much, but the fumble for six callback decided the game. Instead of trying to score the last minute of the game we are taking a knee in victory formation had they not taken that from us.

To think that if we had pulled that one out(thanks refs), we would be 7-4, and 4-3. We would be in a tie with a number of other teams for 3rd in the SEC overall. We would end up 2nd in the East by virtue of having beat Kentucky. Assuming that Ole Miss wins, and Texas A&M wins, we would be in a tie with those teams and Kentucky..... What could have been.

My point is that we are a fairly called game away from being arguably the 3rd best team in the SEC. Could we beat MSU now? I think so. How bout Texas A&M? I think so, at least in Neyland.

Recruiting will need to pick up, but when you change the outcome of just this single game, we certainly have the coach of the year, and, imo, we already do.

Beat Vandy and whomever in the bowl and 8-5 is beyond any of out hopes, realistic that is.

Pitt, Florida, Ole Miss.........wish we had those games back, we would be sitting at 9-2 8-3 right now(ole miss was 50/50).

The refs didn't cost us anything in the Ole Miss game. There's a lot of if's that are directly on the team for losing that. We can't seem to get a stop on 3rd long for anything. I could go on and on. Just play a complete game in all phases and win.
Normally this would be true, but they did take away a TD that we ran back on a fumble, blatantly cheating to do so. Since we lost by 5, it could reasonably be said that they did in this case cost us the game. It wasn't just no calls on holding or something, that happens in every game.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
We had 3 chance with the ball to take the lead from Ole Miss in the second half and didn’t get it done. Stop blaming the refs.

Normally this would be true, but they did take away a TD that we ran back on a fumble, blatantly cheating to do so. Since we lost by 5, it could reasonably be said that they did in this case cost us the game. It wasn't just no calls on holding or something, that happens in every game.

That on 4th down and we got the ball anyway. Then went 3 n Out, pinned them deep and got a safety. Subsequently followed by a TD to take a 9-7 lead.

Was it a blown call? Probably. Was it the difference in the game? No.

Like I said in the post above. We had 3 opportunities to take the lead in the second half and didn’t. Thanks.

If we're going to Fantasy Island for victories, how about making it Bama we beat instead of Ole Miss? Sheesh how good would it be to have a victory over them and it be why they were denied making the NC playoffs and/or SECCG?

That on 4th down and we got the ball anyway. Then went 3 n Out, pinned them deep and got a safety. Subsequently followed by a TD to take a 9-7 lead.

Was it a blown call? Probably. Was it the difference in the game? No.

Like I said in the post above. We had 3 opportunities to take the lead in the second half and didn’t. Thanks.

You still don’t get it.

That TD cost us points.

Had they not taken that away, we wouldn’t have needed to “take the lead”. Probably would have won.

Thanks.

To think that if we had pulled that one out(thanks refs), we would be 7-4, and 4-3. We would be in a tie with a number of other teams for 3rd in the SEC overall. We would end up 2nd in the East by virtue of having beat Kentucky. Assuming that Ole Miss wins, and Texas A&M wins, we would be in a tie with those teams and Kentucky..... What could have been.

My point is that we are a fairly called game away from being arguably the 3rd best team in the SEC. Could we beat MSU now? I think so. How bout Texas A&M? I think so, at least in Neyland.

Recruiting will need to pick up, but when you change the outcome of just this single game, we certainly have the coach of the year, and, imo, we already do.

Beat Vandy and whomever in the bowl and 8-5 is beyond any of out hopes, realistic that is.

I like cold Turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving.

You still don’t get it.

That TD cost us points.

Had they not taken that away, we wouldn’t have needed to “take the lead”. Probably would have won.

Thanks.

It would have been 7-7 and our defense right back out on the field. If we are playing the ifs and buts game then they could have gone right down the field and scored for 14-7 lead.

The whole reason we were only trailing by 5 at the end was because we got a safety that was set up by the fumble being called back.

VN Store

Back