Crazy stat about our 2nd half defense since the MSU game

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
In the last 5 games, our defense has allowed only 21 total second half points.

MSU: 7
Bama: 7***
USCe: 0
UAB: 7 (in garbage time)
UK: 0

***They scored 14 but one was a defensive TD. And the offensive TD was a gift from the refs.

Helluva job by the staff for making adjustments and by the players for improving each week. Big reason why we’re on the verge of bowling. GBO

Shows better coaching with 2nd half adjustments. But I will say I haven’t a clue what they were thinking with that defensive game plan to start against KY. They came out honoring the pass and got smoked early. Glad they mostly adjusted.

Last edited:
Shows better coaching with 2nd half adjustments. But I will say I haven’t a clue what they were thinking with that defensive game plan to start against KY. They came out honoring the pass and hit smoked early. Glad they mostly adjusted.

I do think UK had a good gameplan to start out. They took advantage of their bye week to throw in some wrinkles that we weren’t prepared for. We left a lot to be desired as well defensively, but we bowed our backs and got the job done.

In the last 5 SEC games (2 of them against top 10 teams), the Vols defense has allowed a total of 24 2nd half points.
Pruitt may not be the guy, but he's making some ridiculous 2nd half adjustments on that side of the ball.
I would also like to praise how well the unit has played despite injuries (and ejections). Interestingly, of all the formations they threw at UT tonight, I thought the group looked... less confused lining up than they usually do.
Great hard fought win tonight.

Oops, didn't see the thread despite the fact I was checking out all of them lol
Don't forget GA, OP

Oops, didn't see the thread despite the fact I was checking out all of them lol
Don't forget GA, OP

Good point. I forget one of Georgia’s TDs was defensive as well. Their offense scored 10 second half points.

In the last 5 games, our defense has allowed only 21 total second half points.

MSU: 7
Bama: 7***
USCe: 0
UAB: 7 (in garbage time)
UK: 0

***They scored 14 but one was a defensive TD. And the offensive TD was a gift from the refs.

Helluva job by the staff for making adjustments and by the players for improving each week. Big reason why we’re on the verge of bowling. GBO

That's really good when you consider how our depth is really thin in key positions like ILBs. Bryce was out for 2nd half. 11, 35 and 98 were dinged up too.

Reactions: Remy
Shows better coaching with 2nd half adjustments. But I will say I haven’t a clue what they were thinking with that defensive game plan to start against KY. They came out honoring the pass and got smoked early. Glad they mostly adjusted.
Kentucky had a week off before the Tennessee game. So Gran probaly put in some things Tennessee haden't seen before. The good news is the Tennessee coaches made adjustments and we were ok.

I do think UK had a good gameplan to start out. They took advantage of their bye week to throw in some wrinkles that we weren’t prepared for. We left a lot to be desired as well defensively, but we bowed our backs and got the job done.
IK had a bye last week and may have done something new. At least initially.

They were in Nickel with DBs like 10-15yards off the WR.

Maybe they knew something I didn't, but it was basically gifting UK 5-6ypc through the entire first half.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe and CA_Vol
That first Mildcat drive was kept alive by stupid penalties....I've never seen a drive take 9 minutes off the board. Damn.

Reactions: Chilmonty
Effective adjustments at the haft are wonderful.

Now we need to get our offense scoring at the end and the beginning of halves.

I believe the first half we kept thinking they are going to set us up for a big pass play so we played more honest to defend it when it came . I mean I thought it through 3 quarters .

VN Store

Back