CPF wants real game in spring.

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
Fulmer would like to play foe in spring
By Anderson (S.C.) Independent-Mail
January 2, 2004

ATLANTA - Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer said Thursday he has pitched an idea for college teams to play against each other in the spring in an effort to get ready for football season.

"It would make a lot more sense to play a regional game to me that you could actually bus to," Fulmer said. "The high schools, I think, are way ahead of us. I would find out a lot more about my football team if we were playing against somebody else and (I) only had 11 guys out there at one time."

Fulmer said that Tennessee's annual Orange and White game during the spring has become something that he just hopes to get through without significant injuries. As a result, he said he is careful not to play his best players too long to avoid an injury that could force them to miss significant time.

By playing a game against another team and not having all of his players going against each other, Fulmer said the game could also become more exciting for the fans.

"You could probably put a product out there in the spring that a lot of people would enjoy," Fulmer said. "I brought it up a couple of years ago. It is out there I guess somewhere in some committee somewhere to be discussed. It just makes sense to me."

I have mixed emotions on this idea. On the one hand, having a game in the spring would make the looooong stretch from January to August a lot easier, but on the other hand, can you imagine the injuries??? What do you all think? Should CPF get his spring game against a real opponent?

VN Store

Back