Covid Postponement - South Carolina

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on those tickets (I kept thinking the longer I waited, the cheaper I would have got 'em), although I would have had insurance on a cancellation. It just would have been a pain in the a$$, I'm sure. Bet I can get 'em even cheaper Wednesday morning

I guess that I'm a little confused by this postponement; what exactly is one day accomplishing, unless they're reevaluating tomorrow to contact trace and retest with strong likelihood that the game is just indefinitely postponed? I just don't see what difference it makes postponing the game by 24 hours when it's impossible to know if the positive found yesterday is new or at the tail end of the ten-day/two-week period.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I guess that I'm a little confused by this postponement; what exactly is one day accomplishing, unless they're reevaluating tomorrow to contact trace and retest with strong likelihood that the game is just indefinitely postponed? I just don't see what difference it makes postponing the game by 24 hours when it's impossible to know if the positive found yesterday is new or at the tail end of the ten-day/two-week period.

They wrapped the staff member in bubble wrap and stuck him in a closest.

They test again on a regular schedule. So if there aren’t more positives in the next round they will play. Barnes said on Vol Calls that he thinks they will get the game in on Wednesday.

Last edited:
According to the CDC, people can test positive for Covid up to 3 months after they are no longer contagious.

A non-starter had a positive COVID test and Nkamhoua, Vescovi, and Uros were exposed to that player. All being re-tested before the USCjr game. Per TB.

I am looking at the UT Sports website and both Tennessee basketball games (Men at USCe & Lady Vols @ Miss State (4:00 CT) today) are postponed. Anybody confirm or comment on those games? UT plays its game tomorrow and I don't know when Lady Vols play.

Apparently, we will be without players...plural. I'm hoping this is just a few bench guys like the walk-ons or Gaines, Pember. I do not like our chances if Vescovi and any other starter has to sit.

Two of Uros, Olivier, Vescovi, and one other reserve will be sitting out.

So in football they could retest negative 3 times and be fine? But no such deal with basketball? Doesn’t make much sense.

I wouldn’t compare football with basketball. Indoors versus outdoors. Room to social distance. Smaller rosters. Lots more contact in football. Basketball players wear those little electronic devices for contact racing. But basketball might use two negatives... I’m not sure.

VN Store

Back