Courtney Banghart - Princeton

It’s much harder to take teams from 3 different schools to the tournament than from a school you’ve Coached for years with your own recruits. Even with that disadvantage, Harper has taken this year’s team, a team that had one senior and was mostly freshmen and sophomores, to the Sweet Sixteen against nationally ranked competition, that is past the 2nd round. They played very competitively against Stanford, ranked number 4 in the country, in the Sweet Sixteen.

So you are penalizing Banghart in this comparison because she hasn't been fired? And because she has been successful "for years with her own recruits"? OK, you're just pulling my leg now, right?

So you are penalizing Banghart in this comparison because she hasn't been fired? And because she has been successful "for years with her own recruits"? OK, you're just pulling my leg now, right?
There is no penalizing, it’s just a fact that it’s impressive and rare to have taken teams from 3 different schools to the NCAA.

I think what he's saying is that Princeton is the best of the Ivies. That alone is what has gotten them to the NCAA 8 times.

Not downplaying her coaching abilities. Wes Moore ruled the SoCon for years at Chattanooga. But you're still looking at a small pond situation.

Why is Princeton the biggest fish in the pond? The coach before Banghart had a losing record. And the coach before that. And the coach before that. And 2 of the 3 coaches before that. It seems like the fish has been eating better the last 12 years.

Why is Princeton the biggest fish in the pond? The coach before Banghart had a losing record. And the coach before that. And the coach before that. And 2 of the 3 coaches before that. It seems like the fish has been eating better the last 12 years.

Or maybe the other Ivies just aren't that focused on women's basketball.

If you can win like Courtney Banghart has at a brutally tough school like Princeton you can win anywhere and the same thing goes for Tina Langley at Rice.:cool:
This dude is has an infatuation for this Tina’s Langley woman. Almost Every post he mentions her.

Some coaches want to keep consistently winning and that is the reason why a lot of them wouldn't be interested in Tennessee. They may not have what it takes to win here or may not want the stress and competition that the job brings. SEC is a tough conference and you have to get ready to play in it by playing a tough non-conference schedule. That isn't a job everybody wants regardless of money. You get to a point where your making enough where money doesn't matter. The person must have the attitude that I will take the job because I am the best and I can prove it by being the coach there. I honestly believe that whomever takes the job here will have no honey moon they will be expected to come in here and win big year one. That is a tough challenge and we'll see who is willing to take it.

Some coaches want to keep consistently winning and that is the reason why a lot of them wouldn't be interested in Tennessee. They may not have what it takes to win here or may not want the stress and competition that the job brings. SEC is a tough conference and you have to get ready to play in it by playing a tough non-conference schedule. That isn't a job everybody wants regardless of money. You get to a point where your making enough where money doesn't matter. The person must have the attitude that I will take the job because I am the best and I can prove it by being the coach there. I honestly believe that whomever takes the job here will have no honey moon they will be expected to come in here and win big year one. That is a tough challenge and we'll see who is willing to take it.
If the money is right, anybody would come - especially to UT. I don’t know anyone who would outright reject a promotion and big raise if offered.

Would definitely be for hiring Banghart.

I notice that Aaron Johnston hasn't been mentioned. Why is that? His teams at South Dakota St constantly win over 20 games and are in the tourney just about every single year. He has been at South Dakota St for awhile so I'm not sure he'd be interested in leaving there to come here.

VN Store

Back