Couple pics from the stadium today

Going to Neyland to watch a game is not about comfort. you stand all game long and tou ha e no voice after. The right move would have been to upgrade the aesthetics across the board and to ADD more seats in the existing space. Part of the reason Neyland is so loud is because of people pack in tight and close. we will lose that so people can be comfortable and relaxed. thats not what this is about. Its a battle when you go to Neyland. The other team needs to have legitimate fear when they walk onto the field.

Good plan. I just think it's funny how older people call younger people entitled but want to change a whole stadium and the tradition that goes with it to fit them and screw everyone else.

I can't speak for other older people, I don't even blame the lard bottoms. Stadiums, airlines, and I suppose cinemas etc should adjust to the new realities of physiques so paying customers enjoy the venue as opposed to being traumatized by attendance. I put up with the whales uncomplainingly, OK, grudgingly but silently. Until the last few times I was there, Shirley and I got smirks, and intentional wiggling from them to flaunt their fat asses' ability to crowd us even further. Rather than throwing my beverage into their faces, or using my cheap rain poncho to smother them, we left mid-game and stayed away. Worse was one couple laughed when their 15yrs old or so whale calf purposely spilled his coke. But I saw what was happening, so we avoided getting wet, by moving farther down to an unoccupied seat. I didn't even laugh when the rotund runt fell and hurt his knee as he went either for the restroom or get more hog slop. Or should I say a mouthful of krill? Nonetheless, better seating would greatly alleviate even such issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1
Who’s talking about average. I’m saying look at Arkansas which seats 75k and is still ranked 5th in recruiting. These kids don’t care about an extra 25k if you aren’t filling it up.
Our recruit average is higher than theirs. They have 2 more commits than us. By the end of the year we'll be ranked higher because we'll both be over 20 commits. OSU has a 92 average compared to out 90. They also have more seats. Therefore, you proved nothing.

There’s no tradition or glory in letting a structure decay just because something might change. The stadium has been expanding and upgrading constantly for decades. It just bothers you because this is happening right in front of you.
You're trying to lump everything together to make it sound necessary when it isn't, but for the sake of not letting it decay, let's put new bleachers in.

Our recruit average is higher than theirs. They have 2 more commits than us. By the end of the year we'll be ranked higher because we'll both be over 20 commits. OSU has a 92 average compared to out 90. They also have more seats. Therefore, you proved nothing.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Averages don’t determine anything. Take last years final rankings. Georgia and Alabama both had 25 recruits and Alabama had the higher average, but Georgia was number 1.

9F2E03F9-862F-4C55-B65E-90449DDA5FD8.jpeg

So, there’s that. But that wasn’t my point, which you avoided. Number of seats doesn’t determine recruiting, and if it factors at all, it’s very small compared to other things… just stop.

Imagine beating your chest over having 100k seats in a stadium lol… it’s a make believe number, no one gives a sh**. I’m 35, I don’t go to games to relax, but I like the idea of not having some 400 pound dude taking up 3/4 of my seat while the guy behind me digs his knees all into my back because of the 6 inch space we’re given between bleachers. Face it, neyland is falling behind and kind of embarrassing in some aspects. You’ll be ok with some seats taken out, if not just cry more
100% that’s never actually happened to you, but I can tell you don’t stand up on 3rd down

Totally ok with some stadium enhancements but I am not a fan of turning it into some NFL stadium with 70k seats and a relaxed environment. It’s a college stadium it needs to have some character. They already put the students in pretty poor seats to begin with. Could make it louder if we wanted to, but these projects just seem focused on the top donor class.
when will they fix the bathrooms ??

Reactions: Rickyvol77
100% that’s never actually happened to you, but I can tell you don’t stand up on 3rd down

Totally ok with some stadium enhancements but I am not a fan of turning it into some NFL stadium with 70k seats and a relaxed environment. It’s a college stadium it needs to have some character. They already put the students in pretty poor seats to begin with. Could make it louder if we wanted to, but these projects just seem focused on the top donor class.
when will they fix the bathrooms ??

When I had season tickets in FF, it happened literally every game. The 500 pound guy next to me basically sat in his and my seat, and don’t act like knees in your back in neyland is shocking. You assume too much. We like to drink and get plenty loud every time. Just because I believe neyland can be improved doesn’t mean I’m sitting on my hands or a geezer. Neyland can still have character without being a run down, cramped, and frankly kind of a dump in some ways.

The place was on the verge of being a dump in some places. It is necessary.
On the verge? The east concourse, restrooms, and seating is atrocious.

I don't know what the solution is for the crammed seating. I'm a relatively thin, tall guy, and I try to be sensitive to those who are not so healthy, but being sandwiched into about 12" of ass space while having knees in my back just isn't that fun. I prefer to stand, but that pisses off folks behind you.

Going to Neyland to watch a game is not about comfort. you stand all game long and tou ha e no voice after. The right move would have been to upgrade the aesthetics across the board and to ADD more seats in the existing space. Part of the reason Neyland is so loud is because of people pack in tight and close. we will lose that so people can be comfortable and relaxed. thats not what this is about. Its a battle when you go to Neyland. The other team needs to have legitimate fear when they walk onto the field.

We have sucked since 2005 and have had one of the largest stadiums. NFL stadiums are much smaller. I am of the comfort crowd. I don’t wanna drive three years to sit on a high school bleacher seat. I want a real seat and not some seat back.

We never have a full house even during a “sellout”. Crying about losing some seats when we have 5k empty seats in the upper deck even during the rowdiest games is stupid. Would rather modernize it and take out those seats all day.

When I had season tickets in FF, it happened literally every game. The 500 pound guy next to me basically sat in his and my seat, and don’t act like knees in your back in neyland is shocking. You assume too much. We like to drink and get plenty loud every time. Just because I believe neyland can be improved doesn’t mean I’m sitting on my hands or a geezer. Neyland can still have character without being a run down, cramped, and frankly kind of a dump in some ways.
They have to fix the game day experience in Knoxville. It’s easily the most uncomfortable place to watch a game that I’ve ever been to and this is the same Neanderthal argument you heard when they built the Terrace, added chairbacks in the north end zone, installed a Jumbotron etc.

I hate this argument. Its just a dick measuring contest but whose stadium holds more. Imo, put 85k in Neyland and 85k in...Kroger?...and Neyland is going to be louder 100% of the time.

Make the stadium more comfortable so people actually want to come, and we can consistently sell it out.

The wins will bring more fans! whether the stadium is upgraded or not.

On the verge? The east concourse, restrooms, and seating is atrocious.

I don't know what the solution is for the crammed seating. I'm a relatively thin, tall guy, and I try to be sensitive to those who are not so healthy, but being sandwiched into about 12" of ass space while having knees in my back just isn't that fun. I prefer to stand, but that pisses off folks behind you.

A classic case of not being able to win for losing. Seating either gets fixed or folks like me just stay home. The drive to Knoxville, the traffic, the slop sold as food (actually, I like the chili there) are already incentives to stay home. But it's the whales that were my final straw. And then I discovered I had access to better food. Plus comfortable seating, bottled beverages, contaminating my Kentucky bred grandkids with Volism to the chagrin of their Wildcat parents, and trips to clean restrooms. Despite that, I still love Neyland but refuse to continue paying money for something I don't get - a trauma-free uncrowded seat.

Reactions: kcvols1
"Gameday Experience" is vastly overrated to me. I could care less about great food, wide concourses, better bathrooms, or small seats.
Watching the game with 100,000 fans is worth it to me.

Here is a great idea. Win, and fans will show up.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Averages don’t determine anything. Take last years final rankings. Georgia and Alabama both had 25 recruits and Alabama had the higher average, but Georgia was number 1.

View attachment 453061

So, there’s that. But that wasn’t my point, which you avoided. Number of seats doesn’t determine recruiting, and if it factors at all, it’s very small compared to other things… just stop.
So I was wrong about how their formula worked. Point was you're trying to use Arkansas as an example of what we should be trying to replicate and their class is held together by 3 TE's and 1 OL. Hit me up in February when we both have a full class and tell me their class is better (it's not even better right now). Secondly, I'm aware winning is the best recruiter but it's not the only recruiter but you were trying to prove that the little success Arkansas had has made them able to recruit better than us even though they have 2 more commits and there's still room for 15 or 16 more commits. GameDay atmosphere mayters for a multitude of reasons and I don't want to try to be like a school that is always going to be middle of the pack at best. You used a half ass attempt of a correlation and it still proves nothing because it happens this way every year teams jump out front with a bunch of commits and then fall back when others get more.

The place was on the verge of being a dump in some places. It is necessary.
The entire place is not the bleachers. Yes the concourses need updated, yes the bathrooms are bad, yes the video board will be cool. The style of seating being changed is not a necessity and I would suggest it's a downgrade.

"Gameday Experience" is vastly overrated to me. I could care less about great food, wide concourses, better bathrooms, or small seats.
Watching the game with 100,000 fans is worth it to me.

Here is a great idea. Win, and fans will show up.
God this… x1000
literally no one would have issues if we would stop losing to the likes of Georgia State and BYU at home. And then the annual drubbing from UF/UGA/Bama.

Noise level? 6 of the 7 home games a season you could take a nap in the place. Beating up on Bowling Green and ETSU early and then losing to bama + Florida + Georgia + other sec west opponent practically every year doesn’t really get me excited anymore. It’s an old, ugly, obsolete, and uncomfortable stadium and that’s being objective.
Then don’t go, Tennessee doesn’t need apathetic fans like you. And yes it’s going to hurt the noise level for the big games. We won’t have any more games like Ole Miss last year because of you people

Reactions: Nickid1975

VN Store

Back