Couple pics from the stadium today

Imagine beating your chest over having 100k seats in a stadium lol… it’s a make believe number, no one gives a sh**. I’m 35, I don’t go to games to relax, but I like the idea of not having some 400 pound dude taking up 3/4 of my seat while the guy behind me digs his knees all into my back because of the 6 inch space we’re given between bleachers. Face it, neyland is falling behind and kind of embarrassing in some aspects. You’ll be ok with some seats taken out, if not just cry more
It’s more about the atmosphere they will ruin than the particular count of seats

We need a first down chant tradition… it’s deflating to the visitors defense and fans
giphy.gif

When I had season tickets in FF, it happened literally every game. The 500 pound guy next to me basically sat in his and my seat, and don’t act like knees in your back in neyland is shocking. You assume too much. We like to drink and get plenty loud every time. Just because I believe neyland can be improved doesn’t mean I’m sitting on my hands or a geezer. Neyland can still have character without being a run down, cramped, and frankly kind of a dump in some ways.
100% agree. I love going to Neyland, love the history, but I’ve had some awful experiences being squeezed between some big guy in an already tiny “seat”. It needs to be updated and renovated. I’m fine with having a “standing section” but most people don’t want to have to stand the entire game.

Thanks. I was hoping to be out of the rain, but our other ones were in the rain. At least we're closer to the bathrooms, so there's that.
The great thing about where your seats are in the NW corner is that you'll get shade early on at those early season games where it feels like you're watching a game on the surface of the sun.

It’s going to hurt the noise level you people that would sell our soul and home field advantage for comfort are so soft
I can assure you that those sections weren't adding that much to the noise level. I've sat in R for years and there were always empty seats even in the biggest games. It'll be fine, particularly if those seats end up having a higher percentage of seats being filled.

Reactions: AllThingsTN
I can assure you that those sections weren't adding that much to the noise level. I've sat in R for years and there were always empty seats even in the biggest games. It'll be fine, particularly if those seats end up having a higher percentage of seats being filled.
The West end you are probably right. The north endzone gap in the seats will hurt. The biggest thing is it will contribute to a raise in ticket prices

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
We need to do more to make it a hostile environment. I’ve always thought we could do more to keep the fans engaged… music, chants etc.

I'm really shocked that Butch's ROCKY....TOP...clap, clap, clap didn't catch on. Shocked I tell you!

doesn't look like there will be any issues having the party deck complete in time. thanks for updated pic

We need a first down chant tradition… it’s deflating to the visitors defense and fans

I always thought we had the easiest possible 1st & 10 thing in the world, but we don't do it. Every time we get a 1st down, the PA announcer says something like...."That's a 1st &" and then the entire crowd yells TENN...ESSEE!!!!!!!! That's just my little opinion. Anything they do can't be worse than the "Smokey's on the Prowl" howling crap.

The great thing about where your seats are in the NW corner is that you'll get shade early on at those early season games where it feels like you're watching a game on the surface of the sun.
2003 Fresno State .... My face was literally sunburned, and red as a beet the next day.

Reactions: feathersax
The reality is Neyland is an 85,000-90,000 seat stadium that tries to cram 102,000 into it. The 6 digit seating capacity at Neyland is such a canard. This change will not affect stadium noise in any appreciable way whatsoever.
Nor will it stop the common folk from being overpacked into bleacher seats.

I decided to re-up again. Interested to see the changes to the stadium. Been going to games since around 1960 and have had season tickets 40+ yrs. Just a thought, but I wonder if they are going to pressure wash the benches. I don't think they have ever been cleaned.

Re being crunched in seating, I have six seats and pay for the cushions for the seats on each end to "stake out my territory"!

They need to put a dome on Neyland and then add 15,000 seats suspended from the ceiling. 115,000 in a domed stadium with objects and fluids falling from the roof…now that would be a hostile atmosphere.

VN Store

Back