Country music thread

Yea it was too crazy to pay those prices for hotels in DC. If Kaitlin had been with Cleto and the gang, I’d have gone there.

I told BJ my original plans and that I had to make the decision when my plans changed and he told me I made the right one, just not to tell Cleto that
Hahaha. The respect and friendship they have on that circuit is second to none.

Flatland sang Going to Carolina at the Orange Peel. My love for JT makes what I feel about Turnpike seem quaint. Would’ve been worth it just for that cover

In fairness, that venue can make anyone sound like ass.

True. Although the 30 minutes of “Can’t you see,” having underage girls dance on stage, and being so drunk they couldn’t sing half their songs didn’t help.

They made sure everyone knew they were signed to the same agent that Luke Bryan has.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I love AA, probably my favorite artist/band for a few years running now but that song just doesn’t work to me. It feels like he got stuck in the studio during the “slappers, bangers and twangers” covers fun he was having during quarantine and decided to stay in that mode for a new song too.

Sounds like a song that someone like Tracy Byrd would have put out around 1994.
So after many, many twirls through the whole album, I think All I Needed and Little Things are vital to the album to bring you out of the sorrow and grief of the other songs. All I Needed being the last song in the vinyl works where it is. I totally understand not finding it a typical AA song though. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
He played at some big festival this weekend, and apparently “didn’t play any of his big songs.”
there are a lot of songs that he says he’ll never play again now that he’s sober.
It will be interesting to see if he can grow as an artist and write good songs, if he remains sober.

My wager is that he succeeds.

Hot take (well, medium take)

She’s Using is my song of the half year

What Else Can She Do is my album of the year.

Love Fishtank, Russell County Line, the ZB album was better than expected. But Butts Stuff is just absolutely incredible. And the way the album weaves through different personas and issues is just stellar.

Been watching Ray Scott's live streams as they come, I'm a fan. Doing things on his own, he made a good point about the big labels not wanting songs written for adults anymore, and he wasnt willing to stop doing what he enjoyed doing writing and material wise. Coming to KPT in the fall at a bar, look forward to checking it out.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol

VN Store

Back