Country music thread

Watson still dealing with his vocal chords issue. Says he sees the light at the end of the tunnel, but he had to cancel a few more shows. Definitely hope he heals. Can’t help but be reminded of Charlie though
Hopefully he just shuts it down for a while, but he loves the game too much. Boland had a similar issue years ago.

I think Jason learned 4 good pitches when he lost the 102 fastball.
Songwriting wise, of course I'm aging at the same rate as him. Whereas Pearl Snaps and Telephone Romeo nailed it years ago, dark and dirty mile and Ludlow nail it now.

Except for Somewhere Down In Texas, which is a permanent top 5 in this genre we love

Reactions: volfanbill
On the Covid note, Wade's World, Casey's Corona Haopy Hour, and mostly Jason and Courtney doing Sequestered Songwriters made my better half a fan of the Red Dirt. When you can go from Copper Chief to Mike Ryan to Walt Wilkins, its bad ass.

Great show, of course. 3 slow ones to start beginning with Chicomacomico, then stage gets dark and band turns away from the crowd while BJ does the intro to Casualties. That's about when all hell broke loose.

Also, talked to BJ for about 15 minutes seeing I was about it the end of the line. He could be a cult leader or something, you leave feeling like he's your best friend.

I said I was from Telford and he listed every ****** bar he had played at in the area, including an airplane hangar up in Wise.

He talked about the places he's played in Asheville and how excited he was to move up to Grey Eagle, never thinking he'd headline at Orange Peel.

I said I was from Telford and he listed every ****** bar he had played at in the area, including an airplane hangar up in Wise.

He talked about the places he's played in Asheville and how excited he was to move up to Grey Eagle, never thinking he'd headline at Orange Peel.
That’s awesome

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Shocking news: BJ didn’t disappoint. At all. I went to church tonight.

And his rant that went with World on Fire was what I needed to hear. I’m not getting political here, y’all know where I stand. But I needed someone to SCREAM what I couldn’t put into my own words.

Told BJ as much after the show. Glad I went tonight because in his words “tonight I was mad. I had a Facebook rant and I need to get it down to a Twitter rant.” Glad I got the extended version.

I bet ge

I ended up skipping Flatland since the hotel I was in tripled price from Thursday to Friday.
Yea it was too crazy to pay those prices for hotels in DC. If Kaitlin had been with Cleto and the gang, I’d have gone there.

I told BJ my original plans and that I had to make the decision when my plans changed and he told me I made the right one, just not to tell Cleto that

VN Store

Back