Country music thread

@Toujours Pret
We're going to go in order (with hopes I don't blow it because inside I'm giggly like a school girl)
A: I'm hoping to stream Independence Day from my barracks room here at the Recruiting College. As of now, I have nothing due on Wednesday so fingers crossed.
B: I always thought of Randy Rogers as the guy that bridged the gap for Red Dirt and the Texas Scene (Hill Country most obviously), but I still can't wrap my head around the idea of him being an elder. "Torchbearer" sure just because of longevity, but it's crazy to think RRB is an elder statemen on the scene now.
C: The Alan Jackson analogy is spot on I think. They've just been overwhelmingly good for 16-ish years now? You know it's a RRB song the moment you hear that distinctive Brady Black fiddle. And Rogers' songs are just so real and authentic. You're never going to be floored like you are with Isbell, Barham, or Felker who will drop a line in a song that just blows your mind (Kasey Musgraves is the same way imo, but she's in a different stratosphere now), but the every day person is going to relate to almost every RRB song. Perhaps that's why Alan Jackson is my all time favorite and RRB is my favorite Texas/Red Dirt
D: Felker. whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Nelly. I watched it six times. Googled and Twitter searched it some more. I couldn't believe it was him. I couldn't wrap my head around the mustache. But lots are saying it's really him. God I hope he's been writing lately. Holy f balls Batman, what stuff he could've penned over the last year once he straightened himself out. 2021 might work out after all. Come on Evan, give us TURNPIKE TROUBADOURS!!!

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Ha, came here to post the one of the Felker videos. Should’ve known you degenerates were already on top of it. That is a sight for sore eyes.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I do like their model of smaller venues and charging a premium, skipping all the middle men involved with the business.

He flamed out much more publically than guys like Boland, Cory Morrow, but the template is there for a successful return, if he wants to do it. That's the operative word, if he's happy playing one off fundraisers for local folks in his neck of the woods than I couldn't be happier for him.

Don't mind the gray scraggly beard and army haircut. Not sure who I'm wanting to be at this point
If I ever make it beyond retirement, I have no idea how I'm going to handle hygiene. I can't really handle shaggy hair now, but I know I want a beard. Nothing crazy long, but I'm also going to be too lazy to groom it properly.

Had never heard of the Alan Jackson Pop A Top/Choices incident until I heard of it watching a Jamie Lin stream. Knock Alan up several rungs for me, he's now on tier 2.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

VN Store

Back