Country music thread

He said he would be up for a real band. But I could see him pulling a Luke The Drifter type thing. Recording under a pseudonym, but not hiding it well at all, just playing off the name.

And the Daytrotter Sessions AA album is truly fantastic. Has me listening to a lot of that old stuff. I actually don’t live that far from Reidsville so that’s my favorite for now. It’s very similar to the original version. From the beginning of finding them (thanks @Toujours Pret ), Harmless Sparks has been a favorite so I love that too.
Reidsville is my kind of tune, the Rockingham solo album is all along that line. They have a lot of different sounds, but that one is my favorite

Reactions: volfanbill
Reidsville is my kind of tune, the Rockingham solo album is all along that line. They have a lot of different sounds, but that one is my favorite

Won’t you take me back to where I’m from Where the air’s as thick as tobacco gum
Where I was born, where I was raised
On broken promises and glory days
it’s the town where I became man
It’s the place that made me who I am
Right there on the River Dan
Rockingham…

the best part of Reidsville and Rockingham are that he is singing literal truth. that’s what attracts me to it so much. He’s using real places, real aspects of Reidsville/Rockingham County

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Is there a worse grade than F? If there is, Luke Combs gets one for the SEC Network theme song

My love for the steel guitar is no secret. But there’s just something about the slow whine from it in the Daytrotter Sessions that gives Reidsville such a different vibe than the Smalltown Hymns or Rockingham versions. It feels so much darker

This recording was done in 9/11/01, reckless was on studio, the song is really perfect for that day, the meaning changed instantly.

There's a cool video series of the guys discussing the emotions of it all, not knowing what was going on.

Reactions: volfanbill
In a decade you'll look ar this thread and get a chuckle. Enjoy your music, buddy. Its something different to everyone

I love me some heartbreak songs. Always have. I love the steel guitar. And I love the 90s sound. So I’m curious what you mean? This isn’t bad, but two listens through and I’m not crazy about it. But it does match up to a lot of what I look for in good country music. So basically, I’m curious what I’m missing?

the more I listen, the more I notice Barham is like a cross of Evan and Isbell. Dark like Isbell, but has the one liners like Felker. Not saying he’s as consistently good as either, but man can he hit you deep with one or two lines in one song

Reactions: Toujours Pret

VN Store

Back