Country music thread

Top 5 all time country song

I hate to disagree but everyone know I will do I'll play along.

Coal Miners Daughter
He Stopped Loving Her Today
Sing me back home
Your cheatin heart
El Paso.

Not a comprehensive list since the greatness of music depends on the listener

To me it's "Proud Souls" by Jason Boland

Coal Miners Daughter
Sing me back home
Your cheatin heart
El Paso.

I have El Paso in my top 5. Including hank Williams is correct, but you have the wrong song(lost highway). Partial to that one as my grandfather use to sing it.

Killin time is my number 1. There is a good backstory on that song that I won’t share for another 30 years or so.

Coal Miners Daughter
Sing me back home
Your cheatin heart
El Paso.

Heard this earlier thought you might enjoy.

I have El Paso in my top 5. Including hank Williams is correct, but you have the wrong song(lost highway). Partial to that one as my grandfather use to sing it.

Killin time is my number 1. There is a good backstory on that song that I won’t share for another 30 years or so.
I need to know?

Remember this name - Larry Fleet. He's been on the Real Country show on USA Network. He's from White Bluff east of Nashville. Opened a couple of nights for Jake Owen after he found out about him and started pushing his career. Jake told him to quit his job as an electrician and just do music. So he did. Traditional country and really good musician while being able to blues, gospel or bluegrass it up.

Good call

And Mr John Prine
As mentioned a year ago (and so often since) at Prine’s passing, I loved Prine. As a kid I only knew about “Paradise” because my dad jokingly sings it all the time (fwiw, he also jokingly sings LJD’s “Bird of Paradise...”). I’ve started digging into the Prine catalog maybe ten years ago now. So many of songs are humorous and sad at the same time, so I find it so odd that Prine wanted to be uncredited for this song. Nevertheless, Prine is awesome. I can’t stop listening to Sturgill’s Paradise cover.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
As mentioned a year ago (and so often since) at Prine’s passing, I loved Prine. As a kid I only knew about “Paradise” because my dad jokingly sings it all the time (fwiw, he also jokingly sings LJD’s “Bird of Paradise...”). I’ve started digging into the Prine catalog maybe ten years ago now. So many of songs are humorous and sad at the same time, so I find it so odd that Prine wanted to be uncredited for this song. Nevertheless, Prine is awesome. I can’t stop listening to Sturgill’s Paradise cover.
Did you listen to the X tapes that Saving Country Music did on it?

Badass vinyl, sold out already. The album is a fun listen, seems like he brings in Jamie Lin for harmony on about everything
Wonder if this is a one off thing or if they will do more of them? Always wanted to hear a male version of “strawberry wine”. I tweeted Justin Moore to do it lol

EDIT: I’m an idiot. It’s “volume one” so I’d expect another volume lol.

Never knew this was something I needed, but it is. Lol

Attachments

• 499ADEEC-448A-4458-A707-BDB790C7C8C7.png
    499ADEEC-448A-4458-A707-BDB790C7C8C7.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back