Country music thread

Got the book yesterday. Only got through the intro and forward as it was late but BJ nailed it with his synopsis of the red dirt world

Got the book yesterday. Only got through the intro and forward as it was late but BJ nailed it with his synopsis of the red dirt world
I got mine over the weekend. Been busy dealing with work (and my future), so I only thumbed through the Turnpike/Felker piece towards the end. Hopefully might start looking into it this weekend.

In my opinion, we pretty much know the answer to George Jones question. Who’s gonna fill their shoes? They are big ones to fill, but we have plenty of guys who are doing it.

“If I die tonight trying to drink her memory off my mind, don’t cry, Cause I sure need the rest.”

Bought tickets for Whiskey Myers at the shed. I'm anal about getting them day 1.
Was going to get tickets to see Ward Davis but you can only pay 120 for a table that seats 6. I don’t know six people who like him that I’d want going/ sitting with me lol

JTrainDavis and volfanbill have changed alot since this thread started
I had unknowingly dabbled into red dirt/Texas hill country, but you introduced to even more Pat and others, but I got truly indoctrinated by some Texas friends I made at Fort Bragg.

Sucks to remember that so many artists of the 2000s started out pretty good only to start cranking out bro country pop crap to make a buck

VN Store

Back