Counter-Strike

Offset Eye

Do anyone of you guys play Counter-Strike? I played back in 2001. Played so much for so long that one day I just stopped cold. Was done. And now, like an old crazy ex-girlfriend, I want another couple rounds with it all these years later.

Do anyone of you guys play Counter-Strike? I played back in 2001. Played so much for so long that one day I just stopped cold. Was done. And now, like an old crazy ex-girlfriend, I want another couple rounds with it all these years later.
Haven't played this in forever but I do remember when this was THE king $hit multiplayer game on PC.

Reactions: Offset Eye
Haven't played this in forever but I do remember when this was THE king $hit multiplayer game on PC.

It's still probably the best true skill-based FPS in existence. Also still very active. I suspect it will never be overtaken because no company wants to commit to a multiplayer game that has an indefinite shelf life (i.e., by making sure it's extremely well-balanced and mostly free of BS). Much better to herd players from one buggy release to another every 2-3 years.

It's still probably the best true skill-based FPS in existence. Also still very active. I suspect it will never be overtaken because no company wants to commit to a multiplayer game that has an indefinite shelf life (i.e., by making sure it's extremely well-balanced and mostly free of BS). Much better to herd players from one buggy release to another every 2-3 years.
It also has one of the best built in competitive/ranking systems in any game.

I had high hopes that Destiny would become just what you described.

Reactions: Aesius
I bet I played the Dust map over 5,000 times. Always wanted it to be ported to the PS4, but I can't imagine playing it on a console... Although I think it was on PS2 or PS3. I may go back to PC gaming solely for a second experience with CS.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I bet I played the Dust map over 5,000 times. Always wanted it to be ported to the PS4, but I can't imagine playing it on a console... Although I think it was on PS2 or PS3. I may go back to PC gaming solely for a second experience with CS.
They brought it to the Xbox 360. I had it....but man....nothing like on a PC.

My favorite Counterstrike memories are playing 1.6 in high school on the LAN in one of my computer classes. Only me and one other guy were familiar with mouse and keyboard controls, so it was everyone vs us, and we would just annihilate people. I wasn't even that great at the game but I was godlike compared to them.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
My favorite Counterstrike memories are playing 1.6 in high school on the LAN in one of my computer classes. Only me and one other guy were familiar with mouse and keyboard controls, so it was everyone vs us, and we would just annihilate people. I wasn't even that great at the game but I was godlike compared to them.

Nice! All the console players I knew struggled with the keyboard and mouse, but once the got used to it, they loved it.

I still play with my 16 year olds. We play office and hostie maps almost exclusively.

VN Store

Back