freak

96 days……

#96 - 28-7 vs #14 Duke (1950)

A week after losing to lowly Mississippi St, the Vols fell from #4 to unranked and had to travel to Duke. The somber Vols had to face one of the best players in the South in Billy Cox.

The Vols offensive line was given credit by the local media after the game as the real reason in Tennessee’s easy victory. They opened huge holes all day for Hank Lauricella, Herky Payne, and Andy Kozar. Lauricella opened the scoring with a 62 yard touchdown run and then minutes later hit Vince Kaseta for a 5 yard touchdown pass. Payne passed to Kozar for the third TD and Jimmy Hill returned an interception for a long TD return to finish up the Vols scoring.

The Vols defense held Cox and the Blue Devils scoreless until a meaningless TD late in the game.

The victory was instrumental in getting the Vols back on track in what was to become a most memorable season. UT would win out and be named National Champions by several
media polls.

Kaseta’s TD reception
View attachment 553603
@Freak - slow loading this page/picture just now. iPad.

@Freak - slow loading this page/picture just now. iPad.
This one I do notice loading slowly. I’ve noticed it in that thread before. Are most of the issues you’re noticing specifically with images/attachments loading slowly like this?

This one I do notice loading slowly. I’ve noticed it in that thread before. Are most of the issues you’re noticing specifically with images/attachments loading slowly like this?
We may be onto something here. These images are definitely loading more slowly than they should.

We may be onto something here. These images are definitely loading more slowly than they should.
If I'm on my phone (Galaxy S22 FE 5g) or on the PC (Win11, Firefox or Chrome), a lot of the images are loading more slowly the past few days.

Tonight my iPhone posts won’t complete. Just loading, loading, loading. If I refresh the screen, there they are posted.

Tonight my iPhone posts won’t complete. Just loading, loading, loading. If I refresh the screen, there they are posted.
Same, but it's sporadic for me. It's the same if I give a like, it doesn't complete and then I hit it again and it takes away the like.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Same, but it's sporadic for me. It's the same if I give a like, it doesn't complete and then I hit it again and it takes away the like.
This happening in threads with lots of pictures or just randomly?

That sounds like a connection issue of some sort. Might be related but I’m not sure.

That sounds like a connection issue of some sort. Might be related but I’m not sure.
That was my initial thought as well.
Also something I've noticed is that image files I have posted on the forum before are now "too large."
I wonder if there's a correlation or if that is a separate thing?

Yes or when I try to like something…

That was my initial thought as well.
Also something I've noticed is that image files I have posted on the forum before are now "too large."
I wonder if there's a correlation or if that is a separate thing?
Did that just happen in the last couple of days? I’ve been messing with some settings. I think I might have lowered the pic size limit. Those pics in peaygolf’s thread are fairly large. Not really large enough to load as slowly as they are but still large.

Did that just happen in the last couple of days? I’ve been messing with some settings. I think I might have lowered the pic size limit. Those pics in peaygolf’s thread are fairly large. Not really large enough to load as slowly as they are but still large.
Yes

If you guys notice any other slow loading pictures, let me know by posting them here. I appreciate it.

FYI, I have some software upgrades planned for later this summer. If I can't resolve some of these issues, I'm hopeful the upgrades will help.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Let me know if you guys have issues with pages that are posted from this point forward. I've streamlined the uploaded image attachments and I think it helps quite a bit. I also have plans to retroactively optimize older images, but that will be a little bit before I can get to it.

The good news is, I have done a test upgrade of the board software and that seems to help also. It should be ready to deploy here within the month or so.

Keep me posted on whether the experience is better now or not and please link any threads here that you're having issues with so I can take a look.

Yes. I haven't noticed any issues with slowing down at all today. Keyboard still randomly closes while typing. I saw someone mention it may be an ad reloading and causing that. . . Idk, but the lag is definitely better today.
Cool, yeah I'm working on the random reload thing.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

VN Store

Back