Countdown to Kickoff vs South Carolina

I see this is a 6:30 pm night game which is great.
I’ll be working in the morning to afternoon at Texas Roadhouse because I’ll be rolling silverware that is the easy job at a restaurant.

I’ll miss other college football games except doesn’t bother me because I won’t be missing the Volunteers defeat the Gamecocks in Rocky Top.
While rolling silverware I might be able to listen to a YouTube live commentary of College Football games.
If not I can listen to Game preview 2020 Volunteers Gamecocks, UT Volunteers song Rocky Top, Action movie anatomy episodes, KISS full albums, and Darkness Prevails that has real life horror stories including Skinwalkers, etc

I’ll be watching the Volunteers Gamecocks game and other college football games at DJs Dugout.

Last edited:
3 days.........

Robert Meachem, #3, burst onto the scene as a redshirt freshman, when his first catch was a 35 yard touchdown vs UNLV. He led the team in receiving yards in his first two seasons, while only starting two games. In 2005, Cutcliffe returned and Erik Ainge and Meachem flourished. That season, he had 71 receptions for 1,298 yards and 11 touchdowns. He had six 100 yard games and averaged 99.85 yards a game. He was named All-SEC and was a consensus All-American. He only started 15 of his 37 career games at UT, but still finished with 125 receptions for 2,140 yards and 17 touchdowns. Meachem left early for the draft and was selected by the Saints in the first round. He had a productive NFL career, with 178 receptions and 27 touchdowns.

B553AA0C-BA48-4ABF-8787-D8A9E0042FAE.png3BAB0252-DDB7-4CF7-A142-59AB7F929B41.png

I see this is a 6:30 pm night game which is great.
I’ll be working in the morning to afternoon at Texas Roadhouse because I’ll be rolling silverware that is the easy job at a restaurant.

I’ll miss other college football games except doesn’t bother me because I won’t be missing the Volunteers defeat the Gamecocks in Rocky Top.
While rolling silverware I might be able to listen to a YouTube live commentary of College Football games.
If not I can listen to Game preview 2020 Volunteers Gamecocks, UT Volunteers song Rocky Top, Action movie anatomy episodes, KISS full albums, and Darkness Prevails that has real life horror stories including Skinwalkers, etc

I’ll be watching the Volunteers Gamecocks game and other college football games at DJs Dugout.

Cool cool, except the game is in Columbia SC.

2 days...........

Billy Arbo, #2, was a local kid who started out at defensive back and then became a playmaker at receiver. Not known for his speed, he did have a 65 yard touchdown vs Ole Miss in ‘77, and averaged over 15 yards per catch. Arbo finished his career with 6 tackles, 6 kickoff returns, and 43 receptions for 664 yards and 3 touchdowns.
600DAFD1-79F0-437C-8E22-BF732216A637.png

Either I’m wearing my Volunteers country t-shirt that has Smokey or the gray Tennessee Volunteers t-shirt, and my great Volunteers cap that has my 1st name on a side also Smokey.

Also I might be able to watch the Alabama Crimson Tide most likely demolish the Missouri Tigers.

Wow moving fast to College Football Saturday.

1 day...........

Jayson Swain #1, came to Knoxville in 2003 as part of a heralded recruiting class of receivers. As a freshman, he was fifth on the team with 21 receptions. During his next two seasons, he started 10 games while having big games vs Vandy, Notre Dame, and native school Alabama. As a senior, Swain had 49 receptions for 688 yards and 6 TDs. Swain finished his career with 126 receptions for 1,721 yards and 10 touchdowns. He is in the top 15 in UT history in both categories. He spent one season with the Chicago Bears, and then decided to retire from football. Swain has been very vocal about the “state of the Vols” program, since becoming a radio host of a local sports talk show. Swain is a true VFL, and continues to support UT athletes!
EF5140F0-B9F3-4558-82D8-C115851F5052.pngAA529D56-458A-4A46-BDE1-63F75A7EC47C.png

Football Time in Tennessee.

Three iconic Play by Play men:
Lindsey Nelson, John Ward, and Bob Kesling

Most universities would be happy to have one, but Tennessee has had three of the best to ever do it.

Lindsey Nelson: Started his his career in Columbia, Tennessee and became the first play-by-play announcer for the Vol Network. Nelson would also call the Cotton Bowl game for 26 seasons and was referred to as “ Mr. New Years Day.” He also called Army -Navy games and was the announcer in the first game to have “instant replay” in 1963.

John Ward: What can you say about him? An icon. A legend. A piece of Tennessee history. I’ll just say, “ Give.....him.....six.”
Ward and his color analyst, Bill Anderson were on the air for 31 seasons, the longest running partnership in college football. UT’s first game at night, Holloway besting GaTech in ‘72, Streater makes huge win over Notre Dame in ‘79, beating Alabama in ‘82 during the Word’s Fair, crushing Bo in ‘85, “Pandemonium Reigns” vs UF, and his final football broadcast in the National Championship vs FSU.
“Natural Gas” I could go on for hours........

Bob Kesling: Say what you will, Tennessee fans are fortunate to have a man who studied and learned under John Ward. He is a true VFL. He was a walk-on fullback in 1972 and was hired by Ward as an editor on the “Bill Battle Show” in 1974. He worked side by side with Ward for 15 years, and has called iconic games during his tenure at UT.

DFF49475-457E-4D1A-883F-94135D240F7A.pngF3ADDB2C-FBF2-45FC-9358-1314EC54EECE.png46BD1C38-909D-4260-87E3-0C91A6F9082F.png

Last edited:
Football Time in Tennessee.

Three iconic Play by Play men:
Lindsey Nelson, John Ward, and Bob Kesling

Most universities would be happy to have one, but Tennessee has had three of the best to ever do it.

Lindsey Nelson: Started his his career in Columbia, Tennessee and became the first play-by-play announcer for the Vol Network. Nelson would also call the Cotton Bowl game for 26 seasons and was referred to as “ Me. New Years Day.” He also called Army -Navy games and was the announcer in the first game to have “instant replay” in 1963.

John Ward: What can you say about him? An icon. A legend. A piece of Tennessee history. I’ll just say, “ Give.....him.....six.”
Ward and his color analyst, Bill Anderson were on the air for 31 seasons, the longest running partnership in college football. UT’s first game at night, Holloway besting GaTech in ‘72, Streater makes huge win over Notre Dame in ‘79, beating Alabama in ‘82 during the Word’s Fair, crushing Bo in ‘85, “Pandemonium Reigns” vs UF, and his final football broadcast in the National Championship vs FSU.
“Natural Gas” I could go on for hours........

Bob Kesling: Say what you will, Tennessee fans are fortunate to have a man who studied and learned under John Ward. He is a true VFL. He was a walk-on fullback in 1972 and was hired by Ward as an editor on the “Bill Battle Show” in 1974. He worked side by side with Ward for 15 years, and has called iconic games during his tenure at UT.

View attachment 309214View attachment 309213View attachment 309212
I’ve really enjoyed you keeping up with this all year. It’s been one of the few bright spots in a long offseason. Thank you.

I’ve really enjoyed you keeping up with this all year. It’s been one of the few bright spots in a long offseason. Thank you.
@Freak

My pleasure! Like I said, it’s been fun going back and looking at at players who were not always a star, but contributed to the history of Tennessee football. Fun memories from the ‘70’s and ‘80’s. I was fortunate to be at a lot of those games. Thank you, to my Dad!

VN Store

Back