Could Pruitt survive a 0-12 season?

Plenty of fans on here would still viciously support him even at 0-12.

Now would that still translate to 70+ thousand or whatever the stadium needs to be at to keep things in the black? Idk.

I’m pretty sure the school only cares if it’s profitable or not.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Pruitt needs time. Probably 7-8 years to get players in, establish recruiting ground. No way he is fired for that record this year or next.

God forbid we do lose to Chattanooga this weekend then we are def looking at the first winless season in UT football history. Do y’all think Pruitt could survive that? I personally don’t think he can survive a 1-11 season
He could only do better or tie the next year so Fulmer would probably give him a raise and extension.

Pruitt needs time. Probably 7-8 years to get players in, establish recruiting ground. No way he is fired for that record this year or next.

So he could go 0-12, 0-12 and have a 26 game losing streak and you'd be ok with him coming back for a 4th season?

You're assuming a bunch of coaches who have year in and year out showed they can recruit against anyone nationally will some how let one bad season impact their ability......

I think I will go on the side of history.
One bad season?

This kids have grown up with Tennessee in dire straights. The stories of the glory days with Peyton Manning and others are just that....stories. The last 12 years, dating back to when these recruits were 5 or 6 is nothing but bad seasons.

And factually, if things continue on this trajectory, THESE coaches only have TWO bad seasons to sell. Any good seasons they can point to literally get laid at the feet of whatever head coach they were working for.

One bad season?

This kids have grown up with Tennessee in dire straights. The stories of the glory days with Peyton Manning and others are just that....stories. The last 12 years, dating back to when these recruits were 5 or 6 is nothing but bad seasons.

And factually, if things continue on this trajectory, THESE coaches only have TWO bad seasons to sell. Any good seasons they can point to literally get laid at the feet of whatever head coach they were working for.

I'm talking about the coaches.

In the second paragraph so was I.

One bad season. Most recruits and fans for the most part can look at job openings and state of programs that Pruitt walked into as a throw away season.

At the end of the day, Pruitt's first season shows he went 5-7 with two upset wins vs ranked opponents.

Vol fans will talk about the ending of the 2018 regular season, but most people outside the program that are being wooed or recruited look at seasons as a whole.

One bad season. Most recruits and fans for the most part can look at job openings and state of programs that Pruitt walked into as a throw away season.

At the end of the day, Pruitt's first season shows he went 5-7 with two upset wins vs ranked opponents.

Vol fans will talk about the ending of the 2018 regular season, but most people outside the program that are being wooed or recruited look at seasons as a whole.
Conjecture again? You’re talking for an awful lot of people. Be careful.

LOL...another “year zero” sounds dumber now than when Butch tried to sell it.

Not at all. Just going off what has been said publicly and what is truth.
Cool...it’s good to know the guy with all the “truth”.

I say again....the “year zero” schtick played out with Butch Jones.

I don't think he could, nor should, survive a 3-9 season, especially with the easy at-bats that we lined up to pad wins.

The floor with this schedule should be 4-8 considering we've had some pretty bad football teams with some pretty bad coaches and have never gone 8 losses until Lyle Jones finally got exposed.

This is where we're at though. We're a fanbase that, even with 4 easy (should be) games for a 2nd Year coach and little actual pressure to win... we're fine with 3-9 or 4-8 now. "But look at our SoS". Yeah, I see a USCe team that lost their QB, I see a Kentucky team that lost basically every quality player from last year and then lost their one good returning offensive player, a Vandy team that hasn't actually been good but only good enough to beat our pathetic teams late season.

A good staff should have found 6 or 7 wins in there. But we're already 2 wins behind because we can't even get a hit with underhanded softball pitches.
You do realize CBJ only had 6 losses on his record that ladt season? Many on here were so fearful he would get two wins against Mizoo and Vandy and a possible bowl win and keep his job. They seem aroused everytime they get to say a CBJ coached team lost 8 games and are still happy those last two were losses.

While i think Pruiit was a mistake and cannot understand why anyone thinks he is doing even a mediocre job, i would much prefer to be wrong about him and the Vols start winning again.

But thats just me. Saying i told you so quit being important to me somewhere around the 4th grade.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
We will never know because we will not go 0-12! I said on here that we still would go 6-6 and that was before the BYU cluster****! Still possible but less than 50% chance now. JMHO as always! SS

Right...you took a survey of all relevant parties. I forgot.

No conjecture.

Name one recruit or recruit's parent that has visibly spoke out about the "year zero" narrative in regards to new coaches taking over programs.

I'll wait.

You do realize CBJ only had 6 losses on his record that ladt season? Many on here were so fearful he would get two wins against Mizoo and Vandy and a possible bowl win and keep his job. They seem aroused everytime they get to say a CBJ coached team lost 8 games and are still happy those last two were losses.

While i think Pruiit was a mistake and cannot understand why anyone thinks he is doing even a mediocre job, i would much prefer to be wrong about him and the Vols start winning again.

But thats just me. Saying i told you so quit being important to me somewhere around the 4th grade.
Jones got his feelings hurt when the fanbase didn't crown him Neyland for 8-4 in 16' after losing to SC and Vandy at the end of the year. He basically checked out after that and was waiting on another job to open up or UT to buy him out. Although he wasn't present on the sidelines for the last 2 Ls, that was the program he had built so I don't have an issue with those being attached to him.
If Pruitt loses Saturday and is fired (I dont think either happen) and UT finishes 0-12 I doubt anyone on here will be claiming Pruitt was 0-3 and Chaney or Tee was 0-9. It will be all Pruitt all the time.

You could argue every hire post Fulmer was a mistake with hindsight. Like you, I hope he figures it out and starts winning. We re 0fer the last 4 hires and who makes the next one is not even clear.

Name one recruit or recruit's parent that has visibly spoke out about the "year zero" narrative in regards to new coaches taking over programs.

I'll wait.
I could ask you the same thing. You very confidently said last year was a throw away year in the minds of anybody that matters. It wasn’t my assertion....it was yours.

I'm really struggling for whatever point you were desperately grasping for here.

A gotcha? CBJ was gone so he technically only went 4-6 that year? Oh boy, that's a hot take.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I could ask you the same thing. You very confidently said last year was a throw away year in the minds of anybody that matters. It wasn’t my assertion....it was yours.

Considering the closing this staff made in recruiting, the impact of last year's 5-7 season didn't make negative impacts.

Even more so you look at guys like Gray and Henry T's comments this week about the current staff.

Once again, I am saying the first year for Pruitt wasn't going to have a big negative impact on recruiting. It didn't and it won't.

And people who aren't glued to the program like the fans aren't going to cherry pick two games to end the season from a coach's first year.

It is not rocket science.

VN Store

Back