Could meditation help Kasi become a more focused shooter?

hqdefault.jpg

The original sucked, but THAT was the best you could do in the edit? Visualize, and try better next time...

For all her great attributes Anosike was never a smooth offensive player. She could throw up some bricks. But, she was never the focus on offense and her other skills were invaluable.

The one thing that I enjoyed about watching the Ladies play versus the Men was Fundamentals of the Game. AAU has ruined much of the Ladies Game as it has the Men.
AAU has put the emphasis in the women’s game on athleticism instead of fundamentals thus the reason we are watching ugly games of kids flying around with no purpose. I hope our new coach ignores star ratings and actually recruits basketball players.

AAU has put the emphasis in the women’s game on athleticism instead of fundamentals thus the reason we are watching ugly games of kids flying around with no purpose. I hope our new coach ignores star ratings and actually recruits basketball players.

Maybe AAU coaches now are different than yesterday's coaches, but those of us who coached skills and taught the game take offense at being grouped with your generalization.

If AAU as a whole was truly like you said, then by now only a portion of our roster would have participated in it.

Being grouped with "peers in org", but not "peers in professionalism of the title Coach" is not cool.
I too despise coaches who are in AAU for any reason but for the advancement of the sport, skills and the organization's good name.
All,
there is an ongoing thread that someone started with me as the title...This is Kasi's thread,, if she decides to look at it, she needs to know the perception of herself, not the perceptions of me...

please move this discussion topic to that thread, thank you

I think there has to be a balance in that regard. A team of fundamentally sound players can be overwhelmed by a team of far superior players who can simply run faster and jump higher. On the other hand a team that is well-coached in the fundamentals and just a notch below elite athletically can certainly school a team that only has athleticism at its disposal. I do agree with you to the point that a coach needs a keen eye in evaluating both aspects of a players game and not depend solely on the recruiting services' stars in making that decision.

Reactions: krichunaka
Just like in any level there are coaches admired and known for improving the game's level
and coaches who don't advance in things like player development or game-management....

Consider this, @PG1 ... Would it be fair to group Coach K's staff and coaching with our last administration-experience? Just because they are in the same professional status?
Are ALL administrations the same.
NO!

Again, can you move this discussion to the Coach Jumper thread please

three steps turn a shooter into a maker - 1) proper fundamentals 2) much repetition of those fundamentals 3) much repetition of those fundamentals under duress. From what I've seen of Kasi she starts her shot very low. This increases the level of difficulty and also telegraphs her move to the defensive players providing time to block and harass the shot.

Watch Kasi's foul shot release and then watch her jump-shot release. . . same release

In her foul shot the ball leaves from the shoulder-pocket, so does her jump-shot.
Kasi is easy to solve
She doesn't have to change her set shot/foul-shot,, she has to add a jumper
So instead of changing her shot,
she only needs add a true jumper.

On a jumper:
  • The shot needs to leave from her temple,, or further back/up (Shoulder-pocket shots are ok for foulshots or open set shots,,,but not for jumpshots or moving releases
  • KK almost lands before she releases her shot...she needs too understand that more than just the feet are part of the jump. She needs to get at least a 6+ inch vertical on her jump and work up to a good 11-12 inches
  • Since she lands so quickly that she is not able to follow through properly either (Hard to follow through up when landing,,thud)
Give Kasi instruction on how to use the entire body to lift for a shot
teach her to step-down into the shot and explode upward.
and most of her difficulties are over

VN Store

Back