Could Ga or Bama beat Detroit, Jax, Jets?

TrueOrange

I've said it this way.

Could a college team beat a pro team? No.

But, if I took the 2015 Alabama football team (or pick a year) and reassembled them as adults......hell yeah, I think they could beat a team like the Jets or Jaguars.

I said that about 2001 Miami, except they didn't have the QB.

So, in that sense, I think it's accurate. For example, the Jaguars would trade their backfield, receivers and Trevor Lawrence right now for Mac Jones, Ridley, Smith, Waddle, Jeudy, Harris, etc.

Yeah, but not next year. The game would be played at a particular point in time, not against the future NFL versions of the college players.
I get that.

I'll try to state my point differently.

There is probably as much talent on Alabama's roster than there are for the Jaguars or Jets. There is almost no doubt that there is probably more impact player talent (future pro bowlers) on the Alabama roster than there currently is for the Jaguars or Jets.

But, no, the 2021 Georgia Bulldogs are not beating the 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars

VolPack22

I don’t think some people realize just how fast the NFL game is compared to college. If you put together all the College All-Americans on one team then it may be an interesting game but to say a college team as-is would beat an NFL team is crazy talk.

VolInNW

Trapped in PAC 12 Country
The only college team I have ever seen that could physically stand up to an NFL team for any length of time would be the 1995 Nebraska squad. They were likely all 'roided up, but that team was more physical than any college team I've seen before or since.

VN Store