Could Apply To FB Fandom Too

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
The following article is one of the reasons I very often stand in the corner of Vols players, when being browbeaten by fans. Now, this incident is basketball related, but since such things happen at FB too, I decided to share it. Of course, Freak or one of his mods can switch it to BB. I just love our Vols players, even more when they step up like this:
Source: ‘It broke my heart’: Why a diehard Vols fan gave his signed Daddy hat to a 12-year-old

The following article is one of the reasons I very often stand in the corner of Vols players, when being browbeaten by fans. Now, this incident is basketball related, but since such things happen at FB too, I decided to share it. Of course, Freak or one of his mods can switch it to BB. I just love our Vols players, even more when they step up like this:
Source: ‘It broke my heart’: Why a diehard Vols fan gave his signed Daddy hat to a 12-year-old

It's WAY past time to move the blue hairs off the sideline at TBA. College basketball is about students and atmosphere, not a bunch of old codgers who want to tell everyone else to sit down. It's embarrassing.

I remember in 98 being at the UT vs Florida game. I was about to turn 30. Huge game, of course and louder than I’ve ever heard it till the Alabama game this past year. Almost everyone in the stadium was standing and making noise the whole game. These older guys behind us told us to sit down a couple of times and weren’t very nice about it. I turned around and and told them “everyone in this stadium is on their feet except you. We can’t see either if we’re sitting down. This is the VOLS vs Florida, doesn’t get bigger than this. If you want to sit down and watch the game with no one in your way, stay home and sit in your Lazy Boy.” Of course by the end of the game they were loving it and high five-ing us and everyone around us. I’ve never minded when someone is standing up cheering in front of me. It’s why we go to the game. I’ll just stand too. And you sure don’t tell a little kid to sit down and ruin his experience.

Reactions: TatudVol
It's WAY past time to move the blue hairs off the sideline at TBA. College basketball is about students and atmosphere, not a bunch of old codgers who want to tell everyone else to sit down. It's embarrassing.

I'm not trying to protect a sideline seat by any means (I don't have one), but every time I consider this issue I am forced to remember that the "old codgers" sitting there now were the folks who committed financially to supporting TBA when it was being built and basketball, for the most part, was terrible. Also, I seem to recall that for way too many years you had poor to no student attendance at basketball games. They couldn't be bothered with anything other than football. I remember how Bruce had to beg and bribe them to attend games. I understand your point, but there are other issues that need to factor in.

My dad would bust your ass right now. What kind of disrespect and vitriol is that for a generation that fought wars, served our country, and made things better for a whole host of Americans? They don’t deserve to have the right to go sit where the UT system has placed them? They should be relegated to the rafters? Come on, show some common courtesy to the older people.

I'm a blue hair, so to speak, but agree with you. It's supposed to be a college experience. It's a bonus when you can haul a kid along. Their joy is as much or more to watch as the game. Least, I think so.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I'm a blue hair, so to speak, but agree with you. It's supposed to be a college experience. It's a bonus when you can haul a kid along. Their joy is as much or more to watch as the game. Least, I think so.
I take it you attend all the games?

Reactions: feathersax
Seems it would be easy to trade seats with fans that wanted to sit, so you would be standing behind them while they stayed seated.

What’s one row?

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

VN Store

Back