Could An 8-5 Vols Slide Into the Top 25?

This. If we got a ranked B1G team and housed them like we usually do, I think we end up ranked.

If we play another 7-5 or 6-6 squad it won't really grab voter attention.

It would be cool to finish ranked, but honestly I'd love to just see us get to 6 wins.
How about beating a 1 loss Minnesota?

At the end of last season there were 6 teams with four losses (Texas finished 9th and A&M was 16th) and 1 five loss team (Northwestern 21st) in the final top 25 poll so it wouldn't be a stretch if the Vols can keep winning. Would be a great way to end the season and hopefully build on it in 2020.
I'm hoping to play Michigan in Gator/Taxslayer bowl or Texas in the Liberty! Both would be great games and match ups IMHO!

At the end of last season there were 6 teams with four losses (Texas finished 9th and A&M was 16th) and 1 five loss team (Northwestern 21st) in the final top 25 poll so it wouldn't be a stretch if the Vols can keep winning. Would be a great way to end the season and hopefully build on it in 2020.
I'm hoping to play Michigan in Gator/Taxslayer bowl or Texas in the Liberty! Both would be great games and match ups IMHO!

If we finish 8-5, who cares if we are ranked. We have to beat Misery first.
Thanks Debbie Downer!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Im probably the outcast here. If it weren't for recruiting i'd much rather us not finish it the top 25. For once I want to be much better than preseason projections. I'm tired of being hyped every year and then coming in and underperforming. Don't hype us for a change and lets come in and prove ourselves without such expectations!!

What is really crazy is if UGA beats Auburn this weekend it could drop Auburn out of the top 25 with three losses. If that happens and Tennessee ends up in the top 25 that would mean that Tennessee will be the only ranked team Bama beat all year.

BTW, the fact Bama has not beaten a single ranked team and will not have the SEC championship game to bolster their resume is the reason I don't think they belong in the playoffs this year. UGA, even with the ugly loss to the cocks, has a much stronger body of work.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
eh.......maybe if we win by a blowout in a bowl game....maybe.

You don't even need to start this dribble. The two EGGS we laid at the first of the year say enough. We were so far behind after BYU both in coaching and team knowledge and cohesion we were in the bottom 10 right where we were last year. Now if you get to a bowl and if you draw out with a team with some national name recognition and you thump them pretty good. Well, maybe most improved team but not top 25, I don't think so. Be happy with that and recruit like h---. GBO

This. If we got a ranked B1G team and housed them like we usually do, I think we end up ranked.

If we play another 7-5 or 6-6 squad it won't really grab voter attention.

It would be cool to finish ranked, but honestly I'd love to just see us get to 6 wins.

Reminds me of the good ole Butch Jones days.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Don't care to be ranked this year just win the next game and continue to improve. Everything else will take care of itself

Other teams that appear likely to finish 8-5 that would probably be ranked above Vols include GA State, BYU, Texas A&M, USC, and the winner of Texas Tech/TCU. This doesn't even include likely 8-4 teams, such as Auburn and Oklahoma State, that could mail it in for their bowl game and still finish ranked above the Vols.

If we win out, play texas or Michigan in a bowl and beat them, I think its possible.

Im probably the outcast here. If it weren't for recruiting i'd much rather us not finish it the top 25. For once I want to be much better than preseason projections. I'm tired of being hyped every year and then coming in and underperforming. Don't hype us for a change and lets come in and prove ourselves without such expectations!!
Lol... Who -that had an actual clue- has hyped us the past 3 years?

VN Store

Back