Cotton Bowl Thread: #1 Alabama vs #4 Cincinnati

If Saban wins a National Title this year, then he should go out with a bang.

There’s literally nothing else for him to prove.

If Saban wins a National Title this year, then he should go out with a bang.

There’s literally nothing else for him to prove.
I don’t think that he’s coaching to prove anything. He’s a football coach. He’ll coach as long as he feels that he’s the best person for the job.

I actually have no problem with the assertion that most of those teams didn't deserve it. I don't think there are 4 teams that "deserve" a shot most years. But it's the system we have.

If the system is 4 teams, Cincinnati was deserving this season.

If you want to argue there’s been little to no parity amongst the four teams in any given year, I would agree. The semi-finals have been pretty boring regardless of who’s playing.

To single out Cincy as not being deserving of a CFP slot in 2021 is just an awful take.

I guess the only reason Bama won was because of the refs right?
They showed a stat during the broadcast that Bama was averaging 6.3 yds a rush right before halftime.

That wasn't a fluke stat because of a couple big runs either. Bama owned them in the trenches. Can't beat a team having that kind of rush average throughout a game.

G5 schools show by and large they don't belong.

Most P5 schools outside a handful show they don't belong.

Remind me again what the point of playoff expansion and this whole playoff thing is again? Not trying to argue one side or the other, it just seems so pointless.
No G5 school ever belongs. And never will

Crickets….
Baylor and Ohio had two losses. Notre Dame had a loss, to Cincy. I don't see who else gets in at the 4 spot beside Cincy.

I mean, I'm not a fan of the CFP, never have been. But it is what we have now, and I don't know how you can put in any of those three teams over Cincy.

Reactions: ArdentVol
There’s never been a need for all 4 teams. Three, yes. In fact there are very rare occasions where you have 3 undefeated P5 champs. But it’s pretty rare.

I think Michigan needed to be in, so you truly need 3, but I don’t really think the actual championship game is needed. Alabama is better and we already saw that. Georgia may win, “on any given Saturday” style.

Given your logic, teams like Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Washington and Oklahoma didn’t deserve to be there in previous years, because they got blown out in the semi-final too.

Tell us again who deserved a CFP spot this season over Cincinnati? Who should have been #4 in your opinion?
Gotta add Clemson too in 2017 when Bama held them to 6 pts as the 1 seed.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

VN Store

Back