Cotton Bowl Thread: #1 Alabama vs #4 Cincinnati

So are you replacing Cincinnati with 1-loss Notre Dame, who got manhandled at home by….checks notes….Cincinnati?

Or perhaps a 2-loss Ohio State team that didn’t win its division?

Cincinnati deserved to be there.
If they deserved to be there, this game would be a lot better than it is. They play in a trash conference against trash opponents. They never had a chance in this game and the committee was dumb thinking they did.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
No one…it’s an absurd position to take, considering Cincinnati beat the only other potential CFP contender, in their house by double digits.

You could make a case for Baylor, but they loss to a bad TCU team and blew their shot

I disagree. Who would you have put in instead? They beat the #5 team by 11 on the road. They were undefeated while all other contenders had 2 losses outside of the ND, who Cinci beat. So who else would you have put in? They deserved it for sure. Zero question this year. Most of these semifinal games have been blowouts over the years no matter who’s playing.
G5 schools show by and large they don't belong.

Most P5 schools outside a handful show they don't belong.

Remind me again what the point of playoff expansion and this whole playoff thing is again? Not trying to argue one side or the other, it just seems so pointless.

If they deserved to be there, this game would be a lot better than it is. They play in a trash conference against trash opponents. They never had a chance in this game and the committee was dumb thinking they did.

Given your logic, teams like Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Washington and Oklahoma didn’t deserve to be there in previous years, because they got blown out in the semi-final too.

Tell us again who deserved a CFP spot this season over Cincinnati? Who should have been #4 in your opinion?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Remember when Notre Dame hired a Cincinnati High School coach to be the Fighting Irish head coach?
I remember

Given your logic, teams like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Washington and Oklahoma didn’t deserve to be there in previous years.

Tell us again who deserved a CFP spot this season over Cincinnati? Who should have been #4 in your opinion?

They’ve played better than Michigan State and Washington did in previous years

I made peace with it a few years ago and I think all things aside He is a good man but JFC retire already dude . Your dad would approve of your success and it’s all gonna be ok . You ‘ve done well.
I've always called him the Dark Lord just because he is at Bama. I have a lot of respect for him honestly, he's the goat. Plus I think he's hilarious. His press conferences are awesome.

But yeah, time to retire Darth.

See you clowns in the UGA - UM thread . Wish my “beloved “ 🤢🤢🤢… Wolverines luck

Remind me again what the point of playoff expansion and this whole playoff thing is again? Not trying to argue one side or the other, it just seems so pointless.
Unpopular opinion, but judging how these semifinal games have mostly been blowouts over the years, one could make a case to just bring back the BCS.

But $$$

I can’t remember a time when the number of legitimate contenders ran more than 4 deep.

Given your logic, teams like Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Washington and Oklahoma didn’t deserve to be there in previous years, because they got blown out in the semi-final too.

It is t really about most deserving though, is it? It’s best teams right?

I actually have no problem with the assertion that most of those teams didn't deserve it. I don't think there are 4 teams that "deserve" a shot most years. But it's the system we have.

It is best teams not most deserving. The dice just happened to roll the right way with all the other P5 teams having 2 loses. If there was a 1 loss OK, OK state, Baylor, etc cinci doesn't get in. I've yet to see a year that having more than a 4 team playoff makes sense. This game wasn't as close as the score leads you to believe. 76 yards at half? Did they hold any team to anywhere close to that all year?

VN Store

Back