Cotton Bowl - Florida vs Oklahoma

Right now Bama and Clemson are a combined 28 point favorite tomorrow. There’s gonna be some serious Bama vs Clemson fatigue going on. Isn’t that like 4 of the past 5 years? Plus Clemson gets a cakewalk every year so they’re always rested and healthy for the CFP. It needs to change.

That's why I laugh at these "the playoffs are ruining college football" posts. If we had the BCS we'd be having Alabama/Clemson in the final most of these years and the complaining would be to expand the BCS...i.e. a playoff....

I mean the reality is there's always going to be someone complaining about the system no matter what they do.

That's why I laugh at these "the playoffs are ruining college football" posts. If we had the BCS we'd be having Alabama/Clemson in the final most of these years and the complaining would be to expand the BCS...i.e. a playoff....

I mean the reality is there's always going to be someone complaining about the system no matter what they do.

The CFP has a Clemson and Alabama problem.

It’s hard to sell national ad time at a premium when only one region cares about the national title game.

Somebody is always complaining in everything no matter what. Should it be 64 teams or 68 or 128? Should the 2 seed get a bye or just the 1? People always love to stir the pot and create some sort of controversy. The NFL is really the only League that creates urgency throughout the entire year. I think college football could do the same thing .

Somebody at UF media relations should tap him on the shoulder about comments he makes in his press conferences, but Mullen is a really good coach. Especially offensively.

I don't know how good we'd be right now if he came here in 2017, but I guarantee you he would have figured something out with our offense/QB situation and he would have fared better than Cornbread. However, I don't think the considerable "but he never won anything at Miss St!!!!" crowd we have here will ever believe it though.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Somebody at UF media relations should tap him on the shoulder about comments he makes in his press conferences, but Mullen is a really good coach. Especially offensively.

I don't know how good we'd be right now if he came here in 2017, but I guarantee you he would have figured something out with our offense/QB situation and he would have fared better than Cornbread. However, I don't think the considerable "but he never won anything at Miss St!!!!" crowd we have here will ever believe it though.
I agree. He got Mississippi State to #1 which is no small accomplishment. However, there is something about him that is very unlikeable. He’s like this nerd who also thinks he’s a bad ass and also thinks he’s cool because he wears Jordan’s w/ pleated khakis and a sports coat . It’s a weird mix .

Reactions: 05_never_again
I agree. He got Mississippi State to #1 which is no small accomplishment. However, there is something about him that is very unlikeable. He’s like this nerd who also thinks he’s a bad ass and also thinks he’s cool because he wears Jordan’s w/ pleated khakis and a sports coat . It’s a weird mix .
He seems neurotic, fidgety, and makes a lot of excuses.

He also supposedly is extremely difficult to work with, but unlike our difficult to work with coach Mullen obviously can make it work.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or insulting and maybe I dreamed this, but I thought I read at some point in the past that Mullen may be on the spectrum? Am I confusing him with someone else?

Right. And even with all those bowl games mattering.....

There were still 15+ bowl games that didn't matter.

normaly (noWuFlu) the kids would spend a week on the town, there would be parades and events, etc. now theres not even any spectators. why play? i dont blame them a bit

Not really speaking bad about Florida but this game really shows the state of college football today. McFarland was accurate on his comments about players and coaches today. It's really not about the team it is all about players as individuals. It truly has become a business. Players "opt out" because the game does not mean that much, they put themselves ahead of the team, coaches, instead of saying we got beat by a better team today make excuses. Players go on childish rants giving excuses on why they lost, etc.

Meanwhile fans keep supporting this "business" while the love of the game and representing a program for what it used to stand for is a thing of the past. There is always a debatable reason why teams win and lose. The real reason is the players that Florida put on the field got beat by better players on the other side, period.

Things like team pride and good sportsmanship are gone in today's game. Yes we can blame a lot of things for this but it is just sad everyone is focused on money. Truthfully my enjoyment of watching the game today is declining.

Again, this is no slam on Florida because probably 98% of coaches would have stated the same thing Mullen did.

Dude was starting Felipe Franks. We may never have heard of Kyle Trask had Franks not broken his ankle vs KY in 2018.

Reactions: Border Vol
The CFP has a Clemson and Alabama problem.

It’s hard to sell national ad time at a premium when only one region cares about the national title game.

Should not the best teams on an athletic field in competition be the ones who have won competitions to get there rather than who can sell the most ad revenues? When ad revenues were the determining factor the only teams considered came from the Big 10 or Notre Dame. Notice how well the Big 10 and Notre Dame has faired in NC hunts since they have to play somebody?

Should not the best teams on an athletic field in competition be the ones who have won competitions to get there rather than who can sell the most ad revenues? When ad revenues were the determining factor the only teams considered came from the Big 10 or Notre Dame. Notice how well the Big 10 and Notre Dame has faired in NC hunts since they have to play somebody?

You’re not wrong, but my point stands.

In a perfect world the CFP gods would love to see some combination of Alabama/Ohio State/Oklahoma/Oregon or USC every year.

I’m sure they’re okay with last nights results.

VN Store

Back