Coronavirus (No politics)

Maybe I am reading it wrong but it seems that 10,000 people have died from the flu currently being passed around in the USA and its receding. The death rate has increased from previous years but no indication of how much, which is concerning? If those same people (roughly 20 million) had contracted the corona version of the flu 400,000 people would have died and it would still be escalating. I am very concerned about both versions at my age, staying out of public places when possible and keep my hands clean. Getting more serious every season.

Maybe I am reading it wrong but it seems that 10,000 people have died from the flu currently being passed around in the USA and its receding. The death rate has increased from previous years but no indication of how much, which is concerning? If those same people (roughly 20 million) had contracted the corona version of the flu 400,000 people would have died and it would still be escalating. I am very concerned about both versions at my age, staying out of public places when possible and keep my hands clean. Getting more serious every season.
For dinosaurs it was an asteroid, for us it’s going to be a virus.

The percent of death to infection is what I'd like to know. The honest numbers.

At this point that ratio would be heavily skewed toward the epicenter of Wuhan. A place where medical facilities were already poor and now those facilities and resources are strained.

Wh
I don't know why you think nobody cares about the flu?
its easily dismissed by the public in general. As a HCP I Take it as a personal mission to make sure you/everyone is aware of its dangers and real impact on your life today, in the US. So yeah, there’s that.

As a citizen of the US and in healthcare, I’m more concerned with influenza RIGHT NOW than corona. While I have my eye on it, I’m not going to sweat it until it becomes an imminent threat. Treat what’s in front of me, be aware of what’s on the horizon.
I would have nonperishable, meds, everyday supplies in place before it comes an imminent threat. If you wait till then prices will be through the roof or the shelves will be empty.

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
I understand but would you not want to bio-weapon to kill 90% of those infected. 100% of mother-in-laws!

I may have spoken too soon. Strictly a rumor on the streets of Wuhan (per relatives), China in the past created a similar virus to this one to study coronaviruses and test their defense against them after SARS. That means it may have been a lab created virus for use in the lab that accidentally got out. Just a street rumor with the only proven fact being the research facility is located at ground zero. Additionally, none of the original carriers can be put in close proximity to the food market where it supposedly originated. People are really getting angry with the governments handling of this situation and a lot of frustration is building.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I
I would have nonperishable, meds, everyday supplies in place before it comes an imminent threat. If you wait till then prices will be through the roof or the shelves will be empty.

if you don’t have that already in place you are behind. I’ve had a go bag and supplies for years

Oh and if you are going mask get the eye shields or googles as well. You need a N95 mask not some cheap paper crap. If you wear those you are just wasting your time. Also might as well wear gloves as well.

Oh and if you are going mask get the eye shields or googles as well. You need a N95 mask not some cheap paper crap. If you wear those you are just wasting your time. Also might as well wear gloves as well.

Here are the locations of the approved camps to isolate people with Coronavirus when it gets out of control in the US

24628504-0-image-a-60_1581470305471.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
Reactions: MAD
I know that this is frightening, but The Sun is right there with the National Observer in terms of informed and reliable reporting.

I would not be a bit surprised if their next article says that the virus was created by mutant space aliens and that Elvis was their test patient.
5 Million left Wuhan before the city shut down. This is going to get worse. Going full tinfoil and being prepared is better than joking about aliens.

I’m not joking about aliens.

I was trying to say (politely) that relying on articles in The Sun is not the way to be prepared.
I understand. But numbers coming out of the Chinese communist party are incorrect and underreported.

Who can you trust?

VN Store

Back