Coronavirus (No politics)

This tweet is blatant misinformation. The paper that is referenced in the tweet is actually a letter to the editor in some virology journal and does not seem to have undergone any peer review. It is about the same as someone writing a letter to the editor in a newspaper. The author cites references in his letter that do not back up what he is saying in his paper. For instance the first reference that actually addresses what Makary’s tweet is about is supposed to show that those vaccinated have a degraded immune system. However the paper referenced in the letter does not show this and actually shows the opposite by demonstrating vaccines still protect against severe disease greater than 120 days after administration. The author does not understand how to interpret the results of this study. Other references are also ridiculous. He references non clinical studies to demonstrate harms of the mrna vaccines but fails to understand how non clinical studies are used to inform the fda of safety. He tries to cite papers showing the dangers of spike protein from vaccination but it is actually studies looking at the harms of spike from natural infection or case reports that don’t establish any causation. He also references his own papers about 3 times that are also little more than letters to the editor. Pretty shady. Marty Makary should know better than tweet this crap.

It says this:

The Lancet published a study on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines and the waning of immunity with time. The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among the unvaccinated individuals.

How is that misinformation? Did the Lancet NOT publish such a study?

It says this:

How is that misinformation? Did the Lancet NOT publish such a study?
The lancet did not. The lancet paper that the author of this letter to the editor gives that is the origin of Makary’s quote is this study.

Risk of infection, hospitalisation, and death up to 9 months after a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine: a retrospective, total population cohort study in Sweden - PubMed

Look for yourself. No where does it suggests weakening of the immune system. In fact you can just skim it quickly in 30 seconds and see no measurements of correlates of immune system function being measured. What the author likely saw was efficacy against symptomatic disease with 2 doses during an early period of omicron wane pretty quickly after about 150 days post vax especially with the astra-zeneca vaccine which makes the lower bound confidence interval negative in some cases but overall was non clinically significant at those later dates. This should not be used to suggest the vaccines weaken any immunity and if this represented something such as antibody dependent enhancement or that vax messes with immune response makes then you would see hospitalizations be higher in the vaxed. The study demonstrated vaccines held up well against hospitalizations and severe disease though in the elderly likely a booster was needed to boost protection against hospitalization after 6 months.

I am sure Dr Makary is smarter than all of us especially a dumbass like me but either he was lazy and didn’t look at what he was referencing or is intentionally misleading.

UCI-developed COVID-19 test detects, identifies specific variants with 100% accuracy

“The COVID-19 pandemic has created an urgent need for individualized diagnostic tools that can recognize the presence of the virus as well as the particular strain,” says John Chaput, UCI professor of pharmaceutical sciences and the study’s corresponding author. “Revealr goes beyond simple COVID detection methods, such as the commonly used antigen kit, to identify the precise SARS-CoV-2 strain infecting a patient.”

Reactions: ENGRVOL

Birx must be talking about omicron only because the vaccines prior to omicron definitely were shown to decrease transmission

The impact of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination on Alpha & Delta variant transmission
Community transmission and viral load kinetics of the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in the UK: a prospective, longitudinal, cohort study - ScienceDirect

Eurosurveillance | Vaccine effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 transmission to household contacts during dominance of Delta variant (B.1.617.2), the Netherlands, August to September 2021

Household transmission of COVID-19 cases associated with SARS-CoV-2 delta variant (B.1.617.2): national case-control study - ScienceDirect

This notion that vaccines impact fertility has been debunked many times. ACOG strongly recommends vaccination to anyone pregnant or trying to become pregnant
COVID-19 Vaccination Considerations for Obstetric–Gynecologic Care

And where does tucker get this 80% number for increased risk of infection after vaccination in the elderly? The only lancet article I can find demonstrates 80% vaccine efficacy in those over 55
DEFINE_ME
There is this paper that showed waning efficacy but never was there an increase risk of infection found
Risk of infection, hospitalisation, and death up to 9 months after a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine: a retrospective, total population cohort study in Sweden

Birx must be talking about omicron only because the vaccines prior to omicron definitely were shown to decrease transmission

The impact of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination on Alpha & Delta variant transmission
Community transmission and viral load kinetics of the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in the UK: a prospective, longitudinal, cohort study - ScienceDirect

Eurosurveillance | Vaccine effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 transmission to household contacts during dominance of Delta variant (B.1.617.2), the Netherlands, August to September 2021

Household transmission of COVID-19 cases associated with SARS-CoV-2 delta variant (B.1.617.2): national case-control study - ScienceDirect

This notion that vaccines impact fertility has been debunked many times. ACOG strongly recommends vaccination to anyone pregnant or trying to become pregnant
COVID-19 Vaccination Considerations for Obstetric–Gynecologic Care

And where does tucker get this 80% number for increased risk of infection after vaccination in the elderly? The only lancet article I can find demonstrates 80% vaccine efficacy in those over 55
DEFINE_ME
There is this paper that showed waning efficacy but never was there an increase risk of infection found
Risk of infection, hospitalisation, and death up to 9 months after a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine: a retrospective, total population cohort study in Sweden

So you seriously still believe that the vaccines are doing what they were promised to do. Literally almost every person that I know thats getting covid are vaccinated individuals.

COVID Karma: When Gaslighting the Public Backfires

How do you explain the fact that with over 96% of the adult population fully vaccinated and 70+% boosted, Australia has just set a new record for COVID deaths. This is public data. Quit relying on mainstream media for your news, do some honest research and form your own opinions.

IMG_20220804_215045_821.jpg

I will take it a step farther and ask how do you explain the increase in all-cause mortality in healthy young working age adults? How do you explain the huge increase in cardiac issues?

Last edited:
So you seriously still believe that the vaccines are doing what they were promised to do. Literally almost every person that I know thats getting covid are vaccinated individuals.

How do you explain the fact that with over 96% of the adult population fully vaccinated and 70+% boosted, Australia has just set a new record for COVID deaths. This is public data. Quit relying on mainstream media for your news, do some honest research and form your own opinions.

View attachment 477878

I will take it a step farther and ask how do you explain the increase in all-cause mortality in healthy young working age adults? How do you explain the huge increase in cardiac issues?
Because he can watch a video exposing Birx and Fauci for the frauds that they are and be mad at the guy who made the video instead of them.

Reactions: VolinWayne

View attachment 477878

The post you quoted had about 6 links directly to science journals. Not one was from “mainstream media”.

But let’s trust your link to a fringe YouTube competitor known for letting conspiracy theories run rampant.

🙄🤦‍♂️😂

Because he can watch a video exposing Birx and Fauci for the frauds that they are and be mad at the guy who made the video instead of them.

I dont understand the whole "worship at the feet of big pharma" crowd at all. Something I didn't realize is the U.S. and New Zealand are the only two countries that allow drug companies to advertise prescription drugs directly to consumers.

The post you quoted had about 6 links directly to science journals. Not one was from “mainstream media”.

But let’s trust your link to a fringe YouTube competitor known for letting conspiracy theories run rampant.

🙄🤦‍♂️😂

The so called "fringe YouTube" channel exposed the lies by so many politicians and officials who claimed if you get vaccinated you will not get covid. It was not a video simply claiming people said this, it's actually real videos of the people you trust making claims that were later proven to be lies when they actually got the disease they were supposedly protected from. I take it you don't care to comment on the little statistic I provided about Australia?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
The so called "fringe YouTube" channel exposed the lies by so many politicians and officials who claimed if you get vaccinated you will not get covid. It was not a video simply claiming people said this, it's actually real videos of the people you trust making claims that were later proven to be lies when they actually got the disease they were supposedly protected from. I take it you don't care to comment on the little statistic I provided about Australia?

Just look at the articles @ENGRVOL sent.

The vaccines did slow down the spread of the original strain and delta. It wasn’t until Omicron this changed. Since then the selling point is vaccines reduce risk of hospitalization and death. And yes it wanes over time. None of this information is being hidden from you.

Natural immunity isn’t helping right now either.

Just look at the articles @ENGRVOL sent.

The vaccines did slow down the spread of the original strain and delta. It wasn’t until Omicron this changed. Since then the selling point is vaccines reduce risk of hospitalization and death. And yes it wanes over time. None of this information is being hidden from you.

Natural immunity isn’t helping right now either.

How do you explain the fact that with over 96% of the adult population fully vaccinated and 70+% boosted, Australia has just set a new record for COVID deaths. In regards to natural immunity working, it has worked Just fine for me. I've been around multiple people in the past few months who had covid (most of them were vaxxed) and my natural immunity worked perfectly.

The vaccines did slow down the spread of the original strain and delta. It wasn’t until Omicron this changed.

No they didn't. And again, the point of the video was to show Fauci and Birx as the fools and frauds that they are.

Fauci "We need to study more what's happening with menstrual cycles!" Gee, glad you mandated it then without having fully understood this affect.

Birx, laughing the whole time, "I knew that the vaccines wouldn't stop transmission hahahahahaha"

Then why was my wife fired for not taking the stupid vaccine, that she didn't need, that could actually hurt her, when Birx knew that it wouldn't stop transmission?

That was the point of Tucker's video. These frauds that you're still blindly following have done tremendous damage to this country. I'm glad to see that one lawsuit has been won already over this, and I'm ready to see many more.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolinWayne
How do you explain the fact that with over 96% of the adult population fully vaccinated and 70+% boosted, Australia has just set a new record for COVID deaths. In regards to natural immunity working, it has worked Just fine for me. I've been around multiple people in the past few months who had covid (most of them were vaxxed) and my natural immunity worked perfectly.

Ohhhh yours is working? Well then.

I’m vaccinated and have never had it. My wife too despite working in the hospital and having been exposed many times.

No they didn't. And again, the point of the video was to show Fauci and Birx as the fools and frauds that they are.

Fauci "We need to study more what's happening with menstrual cycles!" Gee, glad you mandated it then without having fully understood this affect.

Birx, laughing the whole time, "I knew that the vaccines wouldn't stop transmission hahahahahaha"

Then why was my wife fired for not taking the stupid vaccine, that she didn't need, that could actually hurt her, when Birx knew that it wouldn't stop transmission?

That was the point of Tucker's video. These frauds that you're still blindly following have done tremendous damage to this country. I'm glad to see that one lawsuit has been won already over this, and I'm ready to see many more.

Pardon me if I don’t take the testicle tanner seriously 😂😂😂

Ohhhh yours is working? Well then.

I’m vaccinated and have never had it. My wife too despite working in the hospital and having been exposed many times.

Natural immunity is nothing new and has worked for years. I'm honestly glad to hear the vaccine has worked for you. I hope it continues to actually work and it doesn't become the clot shot it has for many others. I see you still don't care to comment on Australia? I guess its easier to ignore then to explain. How can you explain them recording the highest death total when almost the entire population in Australia is fully vaccinated?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Natural immunity is nothing new and has worked for years. I'm honestly glad to hear the vaccine has worked for you. I hope it continues to actually work and it doesn't become the clot shot it has for many others. I see you still don't care to comment on Australia? I guess its easier to ignore then to explain. How can you explain them recording the highest death total when almost the entire population in Australia is fully vaccinated?

Not digging in very deep but AU has had 12k deaths over the 3 years. Their recent peak in the ICU across the entire country 152 people.

I’m not sure that’s making the point you think it is.

Reactions: ENGRVOL

View attachment 477878

1. Australia having about 1/10 population of the us has a little more than 1/100 deaths we have. Even with their high numbers now their peak is about 30-40x less than our omicron peak in January. The vaccines now do a poor job of blocking transmission but they still are doing a good job preventing hospitalizations.
1659739804461.jpeg

1659739945801.jpeg

2. There is no evidence of an increase all-cause mortality in vaccinated people vs unvaccinated or increase in cardiovascular outcomes among the vaccinated except myocarditis. Just look at all-cause mortality in 2021 when the vax was available compared to 2020. Of note we had much more deaths with covid in 21 compared to 20.
1659741191243.png

There have also been several good studies demonstrating the overall mortality benefit with vax vs unvaxed
DEFINE_ME
DEFINE_ME
In terms of cardiac issues it is well known that cardiac issues are routinely found secondary to covid and we know again comparing directly vax vs unvaxed that cardiac disease is not increased
1659741490138.png
Heart disease after COVID: what the data say

These vaccines continue to keep people out of the hospital preventing future cardiac complications.

I am so sorry about your wife being fired. That is absolutely despicable. I believe that these vaccines are great but I hope your wife is able to have some recourse against those who fired her.

VN Store

Back