Coronavirus (No politics)

I tested positive this morning after feeling feverish all night. The fever continued about 24 hours and there is some wicked congestion / cough along with digestive issues. Has been the most miserable 24 hours I’ve had in a long time. Hoping to sleep through the night! This virus sucks

I tested positive this morning after feeling feverish all night. The fever continued about 24 hours and there is some wicked congestion / cough along with digestive issues. Has been the most miserable 24 hours I’ve had in a long time. Hoping to sleep through the night! This virus sucks
Praying you feel better

For those who have had it, how long has the low grade fever lasted for you? I’m 60 so my recovery time may be longer than those younger than me? Sudafed has helped some with the congestion thankfully.

Hmm I’ve been having similar symptoms but tested negative. I didn’t have a fever though. Night before last had trouble sleeping due to congestion. Last night took some Nyquil and it knocked me out. Still congested today but feel more rested.

Reactions: walkenvol
Hmm I’ve been having similar symptoms but tested negative. I didn’t have a fever though. Night before last had trouble sleeping due to congestion. Last night took some Nyquil and it knocked me out. Still congested today but feel more rested.
Test again next day if possible. When I got it my wife was having mild symptoms and tested negative. The test was positive the next day.

Few counties in NE Tennessee are hot spots right now with the CDC recommending masks indoors. I figured mine will come back out soon.

Test again next day if possible. When I got it my wife was having mild symptoms and tested negative. The test was positive the next day.

Stopped up nose last about 3 days. Now I’m just having nasal drainage which is causing a little bit of a cough. I haven’t felt feverish or lethargic at all. Even went hiking yesterday.

Well my fever lasted about 2 days. Cough / congestion is almost gone after 5 days. Just now getting my energy back but not 100% still. Unfortunately, even though I stayed in the basement the Mrs came down with it and is about 3 days behind me.

I agree with AC that the variant we caught is similar to catching the flu. Never couldn’t breath or felt like I was going to die. Hopefully the worst of Covid is behind us all

Reactions: mackievol
Few counties in NE Tennessee are hot spots right now with the CDC recommending masks indoors. I figured mine will come back out soon.

Genuine question. Why wear a mask? I’m sure you are aware by now that masks don’t protect at all against an aerosolized respiratory virus, especially in an enclosed space. So why wear it and restrict oxygen?

Reactions: VolinWayne
Genuine question. Why wear a mask? I’m sure you are aware by now that masks don’t protect at all against an aerosolized respiratory virus, especially in an enclosed space. So why wear it and restrict oxygen?

My advice is don't be that guy that says this mask DOES NOT restrict viruses, but it somehow DOES restrict oxygen. Don't be that guy. Come up with something better than that.

My advice is don't be that guy that says this mask DOES NOT restrict viruses, but it somehow DOES restrict oxygen. Don't be that guy. Come up with something better than that.

Its not that the oxygen cannot pass through (it can, easily) it is that having a mask on (properly) means you are exhaling CO2 into a mask and rebreathing that as well as any oxygen you draw in. It requires more lung power to draw in fresh air. I am guessing that is not really an issue for most people at rest - but it may well be an issue for some when there is exertion (heavy breathing). Basically it restricts the rate of flow to exchange air. that is why I would think that. If you have normal, strong lungs, they can compensate and draw harder but some cannot.

And yes, I have seen a study saying it was all ok but that was with healthy people at rest.

Meanwhile, here is the study on wearing N95 masks for healthcare workers, long before covid distorted everything. "By intention to treat analysis, N95 respirators were significantly more protective than MM (medical masks) against the laboratory-confirmed presence of bacteria, with an efficacy of 46% against medical masks and 62% against control. MMs had no significant efficacy against any outcome compared to control."

So unless you are wearing a fitted N95 mask, its not going to help that much. And even control was still fairly low.

Either way, my question simply is why wear one? I am not saying masks are bad at all. Just that they are unlikely to protect you from coronavirus much more than not having one. thats not what they were originally for.

Reactions: VolinWayne
Its not that the oxygen cannot pass through (it can, easily) it is that having a mask on (properly) means you are exhaling CO2 into a mask and rebreathing that as well as any oxygen you draw in. It requires more lung power to draw in fresh air. I am guessing that is not really an issue for most people at rest - but it may well be an issue for some when there is exertion (heavy breathing). Basically it restricts the rate of flow to exchange air. that is why I would think that. If you have normal, strong lungs, they can compensate and draw harder but some cannot.

And yes, I have seen a study saying it was all ok but that was with healthy people at rest.

Meanwhile, here is the study on wearing N95 masks for healthcare workers, long before covid distorted everything. "By intention to treat analysis, N95 respirators were significantly more protective than MM (medical masks) against the laboratory-confirmed presence of bacteria, with an efficacy of 46% against medical masks and 62% against control. MMs had no significant efficacy against any outcome compared to control."

So unless you are wearing a fitted N95 mask, its not going to help that much. And even control was still fairly low.

Either way, my question simply is why wear one? I am not saying masks are bad at all. Just that they are unlikely to protect you from coronavirus much more than not having one. thats not what they were originally for.

Everyone has to be wearing one and wearing it correctly for it reduce the spread in the area.

No one is wearing them anymore though so it’s pretty much pointless.

Reactions: Gandalf

This tweet is blatant misinformation. The paper that is referenced in the tweet is actually a letter to the editor in some virology journal and does not seem to have undergone any peer review. It is about the same as someone writing a letter to the editor in a newspaper. The author cites references in his letter that do not back up what he is saying in his paper. For instance the first reference that actually addresses what Makary’s tweet is about is supposed to show that those vaccinated have a degraded immune system. However the paper referenced in the letter does not show this and actually shows the opposite by demonstrating vaccines still protect against severe disease greater than 120 days after administration. The author does not understand how to interpret the results of this study. Other references are also ridiculous. He references non clinical studies to demonstrate harms of the mrna vaccines but fails to understand how non clinical studies are used to inform the fda of safety. He tries to cite papers showing the dangers of spike protein from vaccination but it is actually studies looking at the harms of spike from natural infection or case reports that don’t establish any causation. He also references his own papers about 3 times that are also little more than letters to the editor. Pretty shady. Marty Makary should know better than tweet this crap.

How you know what he posted is the truth.

But sure, tell the John Hopkins doctor that he is sharing misinformation lol

He just explained why it’s faulty info in the tweet. He actually looked deeper than a headline and with a critical eye.

But as usual it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Reactions: Danl and MAD

VN Store

Back