Coronavirus (No politics)

mRNA vaccines for corona viruses have been studied for many years. If you were at all familiar with mRNA vaccines, you might not feel the urge to react so spastically in this discussion.
But that's not the same as for this specific Chinese virus though it's different. The fact that you can't see that tells us all we need to know. That's like saying we have done studies on concussion for the NFL and tryn to use that data to talk about rugby. It's not the same

Reactions: DixieVol
But that's not the same as for this specific Chinese virus though it's different. The fact that you can't see that tells us all we need to know. That's like saying we have done studies on concussion for the NFL and tryn to use that data to talk about rugby. It's not the same
Referring to it as the “Chinese virus” discredits whatever point you are trying to make.

Reactions: walkenvol and MAD
Referring to it as the “Chinese virus” discredits whatever point you are trying to make.
How so? Every virus we ever had up until president Trump was named where it came from. Just because the small minority of the people in this country get butt hurt and try to rule the majority of the people doesn't make it ok nor does it discredit the facts.

If you existed in a vacuum you would be right. but you don't and your choices can affect others.
Uh no, if you don't want to get covid the its up to YOU.

Wear your N95 mask and stay away from everybody 😀

And you're right, your choices do effect everyone. Kinda like when you try and shame people for not believing what you believe. Yeah shaming people that don't want to get the vaccine sure does help them get the vaccine! Yep that's logical. If only we were all so virtuous.

BREAKING NEWS

The Mu Variant may be resistant to the mRNA vaccines!
Better lockdown again!
Better give up on life!

Uh no, if you don't want to get covid the its up to YOU.

Wear your N95 mask and stay away from everybody 😀

And you're right, your choices do effect everyone. Kinda like when you try and shame people for not believing what you believe. Yeah shaming people that don't want to get the vaccine sure does help them get the vaccine! Yep that's logical. If only we were all so virtuous.

BREAKING NEWS

The Mu Variant may be resistant to the mRNA vaccines!
Better lockdown again!
Better give up on life!
Not trying to shame anyone, but we are all a part of our society and it is just my belief that we all have a responsibility to help protect others to the best of our ability. This covid situation has polarized society like nothing else. If you have kids you know they must get several vaccination before attending school.

If you existed in a vacuum you would be right. but you don't and your choices can affect others.

You have the right to believe anything you want. You can even choose to watch CNN like a mindless sheep and think you’re actually watching news if you want.
But you don’t have the right to force other people to believe what you believe. Being vaccinated doesn’t stop you from getting covid or spreading it or dying from it. I know firsthand that isn’t the case.
I know you’re scared. It’s ok. Change the channel and educate yourself. Push your ignorant, misinformed agenda on other people and things probably won’t work out too well for you

You have the right to believe anything you want. You can even choose to watch CNN like a mindless sheep and think you’re actually watching news if you want.
But you don’t have the right to force other people to believe what you believe. Being vaccinated doesn’t stop you from getting covid or spreading it or dying from it. I know firsthand that isn’t the case.
I know you’re scared. It’s ok. Change the channel and educate yourself. Push your ignorant, misinformed agenda on other people and things probably won’t work out too well for you
THIS ^^^^

How so? Every virus we ever had up until president Trump was named where it came from. Just because the small minority of the people in this country get butt hurt and try to rule the majority of the people doesn't make it ok nor does it discredit the facts.

It’s so rare to hear anyone calling Covid what you called it.
Racist and xenophobic words have real-world effects.
In the past, many diseases have been named after geographical locations, such as the Zika virus but in 2015, the World Health Organization introduced recommendations to avoid this practice, to reduce stigma. In accordance with this policy, the WHO recommended the official name "COVID-19" in February 2020.
If you don’t understand why the comment you made is racist, I’d be happy to teach you about the long history of stereotyping immigrants—and Asian people, specifically-as people who bring disease. This stereotype is both wrong and harmful.

Reactions: SDV and Regulator
Absolutely This!! 👆👆

Sorry ... but that sounds more like hype you have been hearing and less like factual data. But if Fauci said it, it must be true.
I will concede that more unvaxed folks are getting covid. However, Israel (has the highest vaccination % among countries vaccinating 12+) is struggling with covid cases, which is why they started boosters on July 30th.
So, I respectfully dispute exceptionally rare as a statistical truth. Note: I am not a doctor, did not sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but I do read a lot ... and I am trying to keep up. J&J running around in my body.
Why Israel's latest COVID outbreak holds important lessons for Australia (posted today)
15 states are keeping COVID-19 breakthrough cases under wraps
Israel has also seen a huge decrease in the positivity rate and hospitalization rates in the last week or two, since the booster shots started rolling out. Some of that is new vax and natural immunity, but over 2 million people have received a third dose. Tifwiw

I turned off CNN and tried to turn on the Phil Valentine show to get the real news about Covid and the vaccine but he wasn’t on. Any idea when he’ll be back on the air?

It’s so rare to hear anyone calling Covid what you called it.
Racist and xenophobic words have real-world effects.
In the past, many diseases have been named after geographical locations, such as the Zika virus but in 2015, the World Health Organization introduced recommendations to avoid this practice, to reduce stigma. In accordance with this policy, the WHO recommended the official name "COVID-19" in February 2020.
If you don’t understand why the comment you made is racist, I’d be happy to teach you about the long history of stereotyping immigrants—and Asian people, specifically-as people who bring disease. This stereotype is both wrong and harmful.
Nothing I said was racist or harmful. The virus originated in China hence Chinese virus. If that's too hard for you or others to understand then that's your problem. If that hurts your feelings then go hug more trees. Spanish flu is named after Spain. Spanish flu has been ok for the name for decades yet all of a sudden its not? Again this goes back to a small percentage of the population that are being overly sensitive and trying to tell the majority of the population how they should think and act. I will not play along with that bc I live in a free country and don't have too.

The same could be said about a women's choice to have an abortion but we all see how that just went down in Texas.

Fox news is just as bad as CNN. If anyone relies on CNN or Fox for all their news, they are misinformed.

I had a fever for several days. The other symptoms were gone on Friday. But I haven't had anything since Saturday. All I know is my doctor said I was fine to go to work tomorrow. I guess the vax works.
I work on a covid unit, most there you wonder why they are even there, no symptoms at all. Not taking the vaccine if someone chooses works as well. Personally I'm glad you are doing well because I need you to scream at the Pitt Coach Saturday 😁

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Not what I said. If getting a shot to prevent illness AND make it so your entire 60+man roster doesn't have to forfeit would you? Oh wait, are you one of those anti-vaxxers with information bias?
Because then your comment might offer more context

But sticking strictly with COVID. The shot doesn't prevent you from getting COVID or passing it along. So the team could still wind up forfeiting the game. If the NCAA said every team that is fully vax, they won't require testing and won't be required to forfeit. Then yeah I could see the hard press for full team vax. If the shot actually prevented a person from spreading it then yeah I could see people being upset.

I've already said I've been fully Vax and caught COVID after the shot. I know others also. I'm not ProVax or AntiVax. I just think the shot needs to stop being pushed as if you don't get the shot you're killing people because the fact is people who have the shot can catch and spread it COVID just as easy as NoneVax people but I feel instead it needs to be presented as lessening of symptoms, chances of being admitted to the hospital and helping with overcrowding of hospital beds.

Just my 2 cents. I'll hang up and listen:cool:

I read conflict in your post which says those with natural immunity "do not get the virus again" and the statement that 1% of case studies in Israel are reinfections. Evidence after the first several months indicated that we should not rely on 100% immunity.
Honestly, no. What was said and is still being said is that there isn't enough data to conclude.... So the same people who wrongly told us that the vaccines would be lasting and anywhere from 85-95% effective in preventing Covid also wrongly told us we cannot trust natural immunity which studies have shown effective at LEAST to one year so far.

You trust those people. I do not. You assume those like Fauci who direct those narratives and design the strategies are trustworthy and apolitical. I do not.

I thought early on that businesses should receive priority for installing filtration systems when the big money became available, and I was disappointed that they didn't. Air filtration systems were rarely even mentioned. Thank you for taking that initiative. We should speak more about compensation for such systems. It might seem too late, but it isn't. I was also disappointed that intensity and time of exposure was not emphasized, and it is also not too late for doing that. Well, it is too late for many people, but better late than never.
I tried. I've spoken to state reps/senators. I spoke to the Lt Governor when he visited my facility... all he wanted to know was if they were made in Missouri apparently so he could make political hey. I've even talked with a couple of people in Congress who promised they would investigate.

My business gives quite a bit to local charity. I told the director of the nursing home that my daughter works at that if he would put me in touch with whoever manages maintenance at the facility we would help pay for what they need... and followed up with him several times. Maybe its bad of me but I don't bring it up any more.

Even within my own company the 4 or 5 plants that installed the iWave filters had no transmission regardless of masks or anything else.... yet the others for some reason had no interest.

Very frustrating.

By now, you recognize that I do not trust the national medical establishment- or any other centralized control of power, money, and information. I think the pharmaceutical companies got financial/profit assurances when they devoted resources from politicians, NIH, CDC, WHO, etc. Because of those commitments I think there has been a bias against other, cheaper ways of treating or preventing spread. I know that sounds like I'm accusing them of being grossly Machiavellian on this... but I don't know how the facts can point to anything else. Should we believe that Fauci et al don't know that air filtration and high air exchange have been used in Aircraft and other environments for decades to prevent disease spread? There's no way. One of the first directives to hospitals was to increases their air exchange and assure they had positive air pressure.

Even hydrochloriquine and ivermectin regardless of whether you believe in them or not... should remain an option. Both have been used in human beings safely for decades. HCQ has been used to treat chronic diseases like Lupus.... but it was prohibited for Covid use. Why? I'm not a Trump fan. Do not trust him. Do not believe he's a genuine conservative. But the media and establishment attacks on HCQ appear to have been PURELY political. Articles appeared as early as just after the election admitting that HCQ might be beneficial. This article... has research showing it helps... from Yahoo no less that was strongly anti-Trump during the election in their news feed:

Study shows hydroxychloroquine and zinc treatments increased coronavirus survival rate by almost three times

The air filtration we used cost less than $500 for 6 tons of HVAC. Our open air areas with high ceilings (much like a football stadium) presented low risk of accumulated viral loading. Our costs were LOWER in total than other plants spent on masks et al. For the whole US, I cannot imagine that air filtration would not have been far more cost effective than other measures that were tried... and largely failed.

Last edited:
Neither is a significant threat? So a 99.9xx survival rate virus is a significant threat? Since when? Has this virus killed 80 million people yet like the flu in the early 1900s? No? Wow ok so basically here is the deal right. You can die from many number of things in life at any given moment. Well hopefully you understand that. However it's more likely you will die from a car crash than you would this virus. Yet you drive or ride in a vehicle nearly everyday. So until you stop doing that then I don't wanna hear you cry over the vaccine
I think you misread my post. The IFR for Covid is at around .1% (agreeing with your 99.9% survival rate)... and it is dropping as more people have the virus, recover, and attain lasting immunity.

I didn't bring up the Spanish flu yet but it killed around 5% of the world's total population at the time. It was FAR worse than Covid would have ever been even if we had done next to nothing except work on treatments for the ill.

I agree with and have actually said everything you posted. Are you sure you responded to the right guy?

My point was that neither the vaccine at a .002% mortality rate or the virus at an average IFR of .1% but closer to .01% or lower for those under 50 presents a significant risk to people.

However, we do not know the long term risks of the vaccines or even severe cases that might occur among the unvaccinated.

Studies are showing that if you have had the virus, recovered, and acquired antibody memory from the experience... you have a high, possibly 100%, immunity to the virus for an extended period. The latest study is up to 1 year. The Israeli data suggests a longer period for at least part of the population. Only 70 or so people in a study there of 7000 new infections were reinfections. About 1.15 million people there have had Covid. That suggests an incredibly high level of resistance in recoverees.

About 15% or so of Israelis have had confirmed Covid cases. Only 1% of new infections are reinfections. About 70% of their population has been vaccinated. In that same 7000 person group, 40% of new infections were fully vaccinated. Any way you slice or dice that data... natural immunity is superior and safer than the vaccines.

Last edited:
If air filtration is as effective as you believe (I’m not saying it’s not), then it seems like all companies should investigate utilizing it all the time. If effective it potentially could save them money in lost work days for employees catching any type of respiratory illness?

I don't trust any of the US mainstream media. They've all gone deep into the if it bleeds it leads. None of them are really questioning our leaders and making them answer with facts
All of the major networks are in bed with the CIA and have been for decades. It’s all a controlled narrative, and when someone breaks ranks like Cheryl Atkinson, they go after them.

VN Store

Back