Coronavirus (No politics)

There’s a bunch of articles out there, but the primary reason new vaccines generally take years to develop isn’t because they’re doing all this extra precautionary research and studies. It’s because they lack funding.

In this case, funding wasn’t an issue which drastically speeds up the timeline. Not to mention, there was already years of existing research underway on mRNA vaccines and coronavirus. We’re talking hundreds of millions of people who have received the mRNA vaccines with very high effectiveness and very few side effects. I’d consider that pretty proven.
But they aren't FDA approved. Call it bureaucracy, but there are still plenty of unknowns with both the virus and the vaccine. I think people need to make the best, informed decision they can for themselves, and everyone should respect whatever others choose to do.

But they aren't FDA approved. Call it bureaucracy, but there are still plenty of unknowns with both the virus and the vaccine. I think people need to make the best, informed decision they can for themselves, and everyone should respect whatever others choose to do.
I agree, it’s up to each person to make an informed decision, but it needs to be an actual informed decision. Personally, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine if I’d already had COVID because the chance of reinfection is minuscule. I’m sure there are plenty of other reasons to wait on a vaccine for now (history of allergic reactions, certain health conditions, etc.)

At the same time, I think it’s hard to say it’s unproven or experimental given it has been proven to be highly effective across hundreds of millions of people. As you mentioned there are some unknowns with both the virus and the vaccine, but based on what we do know there are far less unknowns and risks associated with the vaccine which is why is was granted EUA by the FDA.

Anyone who breaks the football talk forum rules to make covid vaccine point likely has an opinion that is suspect. Why else would they be forcing it on you? That's what I say.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Also, I dunno where this mRNA vaccine is unproven stuff is coming from.

It had been researched for over 5-10 years before COVID-19. The issue was that they could not get any funding to make leaps and bounds in advancing it.

Big Pharma had no reason to put any money into its research and development. Because there were already vaccines out there. (Not until COVID-19 anyways)

Once Big Pharma realized that mRNA was the fastest and safest way to develop a vaccine you saw the stock market surge in those areas. (Hence the boon towards mRNA (an inactive way to duplicate a virus without actually needing the virus present)
Plus you had the medical research resources of literally the whole freaking world all devoted to one goal...that isn't how this usually happens..hence the speed.

Just got my vaccine and I’m sitting in the observation room. Did anyone else grow a horn like a unicorn?
Did the same yesterday and I definitely started perceiving every little twitch and sniffle like I was about to just tip over and die. Typical Jewish hypochondria I suppose, but that is definitely the sort of space that makes one ready to overreact to any odd feeling.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
5800 "breakthrough" cases have been reported where people who were fully vaccinated still got the Rona and a high percentage were hospitalized and died.... AAAAAAAAAAANNNND, that's why I'm not getting the vaccine until someone forces me to... Ya'll have fun getting who knows what injected into you right now. That's a big no for me...

5800 "breakthrough" cases have been reported where people who were fully vaccinated still got the Rona and a high percentage were hospitalized and died.... AAAAAAAAAAANNNND, that's why I'm not getting the vaccine until someone forces me to... Ya'll have fun getting who knows what injected into you right now. That's a big no for me...

0.00007837837 % of those fully vaccinated. It's everybody's personal choice.

Last edited:
You understand 5800 out of 75 million is not a lot right?

People can do whatever they want. Won't hear me telling people what to do. But between the protests and this virus, I've learned we have a shocking deficiency in high school level probability and statistics that is skewing the hell out of how people perceive risk. No offense.

I mean that’s not true. The mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) have proven to combat all forms of Covid-19.

Now a booster shot of it would just be to ensure that it stays in your system so you continue to have immunity. (Kind of like getting a yearly flu shot except for the Moderna and Pfizer protect against all strains where as flu shots do not)

Edit: Johnson and Johnson is the vaccine that doesn’t protect against multiple strains because it was made utilizing the initial strain of Covid-19.
Not true, read an article the other day where Israel was testing the Pfizer against the South African strain and it was not completely effective against it. Pfizer said you might have to get a 3rd shot.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ERAC&usg=AOvVaw1EBaJUlToZcFn31txtRnDT&ampcf=1

Last edited:
It’s a no brainer for me to get the vaccine as I’m 64. I got the Pfizer shots, no side effects. If a booster is available in a year, I’ll take that too. Just feel that I’m at high risk for bad Covid even though I don’t have any cardiovascular problems. Also still want to get another 20+ years of good quality of life.

I think that the University of Tel Aviv released a study that actually used real people and they concluded that the vaccines didn't give as much protection as they had hoped, particularly to variants.

Not true, read an article the other day where Israel was testing the Pfizer against the South African strain and it was not completely effective against it. Pfizer said you might have to get a 3rd shot.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ERAC&usg=AOvVaw1EBaJUlToZcFn31txtRnDT&ampcf=1
Nothing is “fully effective” lol they have percentage rates of effectiveness and getting a third shot doesn’t make the Pfizer vaccine “more effective” it gives you immunity longer

VN Store

Back