Coronavirus (No politics)

Actually, you have a misinformed, uneducated doctor. If you are truly taking advice from your doctor I'd highly recommend a second opinion from a doctor who actually does their due diligence before they give an opinion on something they clearly know nothing about. Your doctor is doing a great disservice to you and the rest of her patients.
How can people be misinformed about the vaccine when the primary question for doubters is related to long term effects?

Has anyone experienced certain things taste way different after Covid? I had it back around Thanksgiving and I had a Coke for the 1st time since over the weekend and it tasted horrible (burnt /nutty/diesel flavor). Dr. Pepper tasted completely normal though. Also been noticing the same taste from mint Listerine. Shower soap now smells off too. The smell will also hit me in random spots here recently. It’s weird bc when I got my taste back after 3 weeks in December I did not notice anything tasting/smelling different until here in the last couple weeks.
I've had problems with Coke also but nothing else.

Reactions: TC 83
Has anyone experienced certain things taste way different after Covid? I had it back around Thanksgiving and I had a Coke for the 1st time since over the weekend and it tasted horrible (burnt /nutty/diesel flavor). Dr. Pepper tasted completely normal though. Also been noticing the same taste from mint Listerine. Shower soap now smells off too. The smell will also hit me in random spots here recently. It’s weird bc when I got my taste back after 3 weeks in December I did not notice anything tasting/smelling different until here in the last couple weeks.
I’ve had similar experiences with certain cereals and household cleaners. I know people that can no longer eat or drink some of their favorite things months after recovering from Covid.

Reactions: TC 83
@pismonque I'm a Pfizer man as well. Just got my second. Zombie transformation engaged.

Also, I don't get your joke, sorry.
There’s really not anything to get. It wasn’t a proper joke per se, more of a light referential riff on the old-fashioned dialogue trope of “I’m a [insert preference here] man myself.”

The Coen Bros. played on it famously with “Well, I don’t want Fop, g****** it! I’m a Dapper Dan man!”

See, even less funny when you deconstruct it, if that’s possible. Ehhh, I play to an audience of one anyway.

Let me guess you get your advice from Fauci & WHO or CNN. You let the scientists and whoever you have doing your thinking for you and I will do what is best for me. By the way my Dr did not tell me to take it or not, that is my decision.
The vast majority of doctors I know have gotten the vaccine and recommend it. But you can bank on the very small group of medically educated people who say don't.

The vast majority of doctors I know have gotten the vaccine and recommend it. But you can bank on the very small group of medically educated people who say don't.
My wife and now my boys have genetic abnormalities because of things the military/govt put into their grandfather's body in the 60s (camp lejune, Vietnam). This directly affects their ability to reproduce later in life. We have absolutely no idea the long term effects of this vaccine and no dr can claim they do. Old people getting it makes sense. Healthy middle aged or younger really doesn't. Everyone should be allowed to make their own choice

My wife and now my boys have genetic abnormalities because of things the military/govt put into their grandfather's body in the 60s (camp lejune, Vietnam). This directly affects their ability to reproduce later in life. We have absolutely no idea the long term effects of this vaccine and no dr can claim they do. Old people getting it makes sense. Healthy middle aged or younger really doesn't. Everyone should be allowed to make their own choice
Of course they should

What was given to your father in law?
A problem reproducing later in life. Are you saying from today, meaning adulthood or later in life meaning 40s, 50s?
Hope there aren't other problems.

What was given to your father in law?
A problem reproducing later in life. Are you saying from today, meaning adulthood or later in life meaning 40s, 50s?
Hope there aren't other problems.
Wonderful Camp lejune water and lots of agent orange. It's a genetic issue from birth and could cause genetic issues when making kids. My wife had 3 failed pregnancies before we found it. Causes no real issues on its own though

Wonderful Camp lejune water and lots of agent orange. It's a genetic issue from birth and could cause genetic issues when making kids. My wife had 3 failed pregnancies before we found it. Causes no real issues on its own though
I knew several people who got sick and died from agent orange exposure in Vietnam.
My father spent time at Camp Lejune during WW2 and Korea.

Don't know. People should get to choose their risk , though. I think there is more information to extrapolate the long term Covid effects than there is the first widely used mRNA vaccine.
So why not get the J and J vaccine if that’s the worry? It’s not mRNA based. My understanding is it’s using traditional vaccine tech for a new virus

Actually, you have a misinformed, uneducated doctor. If you are truly taking advice from your doctor I'd highly recommend a second opinion from a doctor who actually does their due diligence before they give an opinion on something they clearly know nothing about. Your doctor is doing a great disservice to you and the rest of her patients.
Why is it that anyone that doesn't trust the powers that be is "uneducated or misinformed"? You assume that none of us have done any research and drawn our own conclusions. But you are "educated", I guess, therefore much smarter and wiser than any of us neanderthals.

Got Moderna shot yesterday. Arm is a little sore. Other than a little diarrhea that was the only side effect.

Pharmacy pulled the old switcheroo. I was supposed to get Phizer and they claimed it was the state's fault.

Got Moderna shot yesterday. Arm is a little sore. Other than a little diarrhea that was the only side effect.

Pharmacy pulled the old switcheroo. I was supposed to get Phizer and they claimed it was the state's fault.
Had the first Moderna, then caught COVID. Actually scheduled for second Moderna next Monday.

I got my first shot in Lewisburg, moderna . I had an appointment for 28 days later, and was told they no longer had the Mocerna vaccine. I was able to get Moderna on the original scheduled day(next day) at Walmart in Carthage.

VN Store

Back