Coronavirus (No politics)

gigger, is that you?!

glad you got it done bra. be healthy!

Edit, got mine also today. 30 minute mandatory waiting for peeps with Anyphylaxia history. Was kinda frustrating.
They only had us wait for 15 min after getting the shot. I parked, walked in, got the shot and was back in the car in under 30 min total.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Got my 2nd Moderna vaccination shot this afternoon. Arm at injection site a little sore tonight but no sign of growing a 3rd testicle or 6th toe so far.

Keep in mind that the great majority of drugs, including vaccines, go through several or many years of testing before reaching market. That allows the dataset to show evidence of longer term side effects and determine which people benefit most, and which may not benefit at all or even suffer unnecessary consequences. And, after a drug is approved, after market studies are normally done to gather data about risks that only become apparent in broader populations and longer timeframes, and sometimes that data leads to a drug being removed from market or requires a label change.

Your experience so far notwithstanding, it remains to be seen if these Covid vaccines, several of which use a novel mechanism of action and carry real risks, should have been recommended in a very broad population (essentially everyone), some of whom could end up having higher risk from the vaccine than from the disease itself. We may eventually learn that the most effective solution, including from a "public health" perspective, is to use Covid vaccines like virtually every other drug and only give it to people who have a positive risk benefit ratio from receiving the drug.

I hope everyone benefits from this unprecedented effort to push these vaccines through trials and into global use, but historically when science and politics mix, science has a tendency to suffer and that can still be the case even in the 21st century.

Keep in mind that the great majority of drugs, including vaccines, go through several or many years of testing before reaching market. That allows the dataset to show evidence of longer term side effects and determine which people benefit most, and which may not benefit at all or even suffer unnecessary consequences. And, after a drug is approved, after market studies are normally done to gather data about risks that only become apparent in broader populations and longer timeframes, and sometimes that data leads to a drug being removed from market or requires a label change.

Your experience so far notwithstanding, it remains to be seen if these Covid vaccines, several of which use a novel mechanism of action and carry real risks, should have been recommended in a very broad population (essentially everyone), some of whom could end up having higher risk from the vaccine than from the disease itself. We may eventually learn that the most effective solution, including from a "public health" perspective, is to use Covid vaccines like virtually every other drug and only give it to people who have a positive risk benefit ratio from receiving the drug.

I hope everyone benefits from this unprecedented effort to push these vaccines through trials and into global use, but historically when science and politics mix, science has a tendency to suffer and that can still be the case even in the 21st century.

Soooo will he grow a third plum orrrr

For the tldr crowd, this can be summed up in one word:

Zombies 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️🧟🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

Got my 2nd Moderna vaccination shot this afternoon. Arm at injection site a little sore tonight but no sign of growing a 3rd testicle or 6th toe so far.
There are plenty of nutless posters who could use your extra testicle if you grow one. I get me second Pfizer shot tomorrow.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

You talked me out of getting one.

Reactions: StoVol
There are plenty of nutless posters who could use your extra testicle if you grow one. I get me second Pfizer shot tomorrow.
Just got my pfirst Pfizer shot last week. I was so happy that I happened to get Pfizer because my wife had gotten Moderna and now I can say, “My wife, she uses the Moderna but me, I’m a Pfizer man.”

Every time I’ve said that to someone (more than once was too many but I’m all in on the bit) my wife gives me an exasperated look and says, “It’s just not funny. Nobody gets that.”

You’d think after 30 years she’d know how not to egg me on.

Last edited:

We don't know the long-term effects of the vaccine or of COVID. What we know is:
COVID is a fairly high mortality risk for older people and those with co-morbidities
COVID has a low mortality risk for young healthy people, although certainly not 0. For instance, for 30-39 year olds 5% of deaths in the last year involved COVID (5600 out of 105k total deaths)0. COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics
Large (but short-term) trials have shown the vaccine to have minimal side effects and be effective at stopping COVID.

What we don't know:
The long-term impacts of a COVID infection
The long-term impacts of the vaccine

So you can fill in the blanks from there and decide if it's worth the risk to young healthy people or not. Giving the vaccine to young people should definitely save lives. There may be serious long-term side effects from the vaccine. There also may be serious long-term side effects from COVID the vaccine helps us avoid.

There's risk in taking and not taking the vaccine. Each person has to decide which risk they want to take.

I get my 2nd shot of Pfizer on Sunday. I’m ready to start hugging everyone again lol. I’m a hugger

LOL I will pass on random hugs amd will be happy if handshakes are put pasture. I’m going to miss the masks when encounter close talkers.

Like I told you before, I reject what I want to reject. If there is something I feel like I need then I decide whats best for me. Not you or a science or the Govt. I must have a good Dr because she does not even trust the vaccine and there is plenty more like her. But you do what is best for you.

Actually, you have a misinformed, uneducated doctor. If you are truly taking advice from your doctor I'd highly recommend a second opinion from a doctor who actually does their due diligence before they give an opinion on something they clearly know nothing about. Your doctor is doing a great disservice to you and the rest of her patients.

Actually, you have a misinformed, uneducated doctor. If you are truly taking advice from your doctor I'd highly recommend a second opinion from a doctor who actually does their due diligence before they give an opinion on something they clearly know nothing about. Your doctor is doing a great disservice to you and the rest of her patients.
Let me guess you get your advice from Fauci & WHO or CNN. You let the scientists and whoever you have doing your thinking for you and I will do what is best for me. By the way my Dr did not tell me to take it or not, that is my decision.

Has anyone experienced certain things taste way different after Covid? I had it back around Thanksgiving and I had a Coke for the 1st time since over the weekend and it tasted horrible (burnt /nutty/diesel flavor). Dr. Pepper tasted completely normal though. Also been noticing the same taste from mint Listerine. Shower soap now smells off too. The smell will also hit me in random spots here recently. It’s weird bc when I got my taste back after 3 weeks in December I did not notice anything tasting/smelling different until here in the last couple weeks.

VN Store

Back