Coronavirus (No politics)

regarding COVID...here’s what I know.

I know it has made its way through several schools in the league. Off the top of my head, at least 3 league head coaches have gotten it. I don’t know how many players, but would guess it’s somewhere around 100.

Not once has anyone worried about the health and safety of those who were diagnosed. Not one thought of....Gee, I hope Sam Pittman is ok. I hope his family is alright. Nothing. Ditto Dan Mullen. Ditto Nick Saban. And no one has expressed concern for the players either. Or their families.

with Trevor Lawrence of Clemson, it was.....how does this effect Clemson’s national title hopes? Will he be back for Notre Dame? Not one person was concerned about his safety and well being.

Now, I have observed this board. The reaction is....great, saves us a beating this week. Now, no excuses. We have time to get Bailey ready. Will the game be made up? When? Is there anyone who will be back ready to play with the extra week off? There have been other reactions such as these.

and it’s universal. I mean I haven’t seen a different opinion expressed Including on the Gator boards when Florida postponed games. Not one person has said, ”hey guys, let’s take a minute and send our thoughts and prayers. Who knows how long these guys have left.” Nothing.

i also haven’t seen anything regarding a diagnosis for any athlete that had dire consequences for himself or their families as a result. Not one.

so, I know bringing this up will ruffle a lot of feathers, but it would seem to me that if people were really concerned their reactions and actions would be different. And that the results of engaging in the behavior would have made people regret ever participating in these silly games in the first place.

i wonder why that hasn’t happened
😷

Do all of you believe all this COVID nonsense? Do all of you buy every drip that’s reported after all that has gone on since ‘16? Do none of you not think twice when Trevor Lawrence is positive😂 and standing on the sideline with his painter’s mask yet not allowed to be on the field? Clemson fans should be pissed off beyond belief. Tennessee was told before or after Georgia they’d be shutting it down. Jmo

regarding COVID...here’s what I know.

I know it has made its way through several schools in the league. Off the top of my head, at least 3 league head coaches have gotten it. I don’t know how many players, but would guess it’s somewhere around 100.

Not once has anyone worried about the health and safety of those who were diagnosed. Not one thought of....Gee, I hope Sam Pittman is ok. I hope his family is alright. Nothing. Ditto Dan Mullen. Ditto Nick Saban. And no one has expressed concern for the players either. Or their families.

with Trevor Lawrence of Clemson, it was.....how does this effect Clemson’s national title hopes? Will he be back for Notre Dame? Not one person was concerned about his safety and well being.

Now, I have observed this board. The reaction is....great, saves us a beating this week. Now, no excuses. We have time to get Bailey ready. Will the game be made up? When? Is there anyone who will be back ready to play with the extra week off? There have been other reactions such as these.

and it’s universal. I mean I haven’t seen a different opinion expressed Including on the Gator boards when Florida postponed games. Not one person has said, ”hey guys, let’s take a minute and send our thoughts and prayers. Who knows how long these guys have left.” Nothing.

i also haven’t seen anything regarding a diagnosis for any athlete that had dire consequences for himself or their families as a result. Not one.

so, I know bringing this up will ruffle a lot of feathers, but it would seem to me that if people were really concerned their reactions and actions would be different. And that the results of engaging in the behavior would have made people regret ever participating in these silly games in the first place.

i wonder why that hasn’t happened
I hear you, and you are definitely venturing into the political discussion. If you dare, there is an ongoing thread in that forum.

To my knowledge, there have been only a couple of isolated cases of myocarditis/cardiac complications despite countless athletes being diagnosed with CV19 infection. There was one death that was initially attributed to CV19, but I believe that case is now in question (Jamaine Stephens Jr)

I hear you, and you are definitely venturing into the political discussion. If you dare, there is an ongoing thread in that forum.

To my knowledge, there have been only a couple of isolated cases of myocarditis/cardiac complications despite countless athletes being diagnosed with CV19 infection. There was one death that was initially attributed to CV19, but I believe that case is now in question (Jamaine Stephens Jr)

How is this post "definitely venturing into the political discussion"? Check out post 4842 talking about raising taxes in the covid non politics thread, but the post highlighting the difference in responses between cynicism and empathy is noted as being political? It seems as if you may not see the political statements in here that you agree with while projecting politics into statements you disagree with. And for the record, I didn't vote for the liberal with the D next to his name or the liberal with the R next to his name.

Merge with the wresting thread if needed. Japan’s biggest professional wresting promotion restarted a while back and have had crowds. So far, zero cases from the events.

My biggest worry is we have a repeat of no spring practice and limited pre-season camp. You need these things to have any hope of developing young talent.
Didn’t you hear? The vaccine is 90% effective and some should be available at year end and the rest into early 2021. Crazy how it came out so fast after one parties acceptance speech.

Didn’t you hear? The vaccine is 90% effective and some should be available at year end and the rest into early 2021. Crazy how it came out so fast after one parties acceptance speech.

yea!..lol trump has literally called this party out for who they are and what they were going to do.everything he has said was going to happen has happened.it’s mind boggling to me how anyone like that gets voted out..he isn’t a lobbyist and was voted out over pure hate.not policy.

Stand by my original post - herd immunity by spring. Numbers are numbers. The rate of infection combined with implementation of multiple vaccines worldwide to go with those who do not contract the disease despite exposure (for multiple reasons) is increasing at a growing rate. All of it adds to the continuation of a significantly decreasing mortality rate.

Assuming the removal of politics - stadiums will be full and football will be played next fall. JMO.

Reactions: oz615
Stand by my original post - herd immunity by spring. Numbers are numbers. The rate of infection combined with implementation of multiple vaccines worldwide to go with those who do not contract the disease despite exposure (for multiple reasons) is increasing at a growing rate. All of it adds to the continuation of a significantly decreasing mortality rate.

Assuming the removal of politics - stadiums will be full and football will be played next fall. JMO.
it should have never been political.

its simply economics.

This morning, my wife was feeling ill (low energy, aches and pains, etc). She's had an occasional cough for a few days as well, so I had a feeling she had a bug or something. Anyhow, I thought, "Heck, I'll make breakfast since she's feeling under the weather" and I made some pancakes with pineapple and a cream cheese sauce. After she finishes, she tells me that she didn't taste a thing and we're both low-key worried it might be the Covid, as loss of taste is one of the indicators. Just to be sure, I go to the kitchen and come back with some Tajin (kinda like a chili-lime seasoning salt...pretty sour stuff) for her to try and taste and whaddya know? She tastes a bit, recoils, and makes a godawful face, asks for a glass of water to wash the taste out of her mouth. Never before have I been more relieved that my pineapple pancakes were a bit bland, haha. Happy Saturday, all!

This morning, my wife was feeling ill (low energy, aches and pains, etc). She's had an occasional cough for a few days as well, so I had a feeling she had a bug or something. Anyhow, I thought, "Heck, I'll make breakfast since she's feeling under the weather" and I made some pancakes with pineapple and a cream cheese sauce. After she finishes, she tells me that she didn't taste a thing and we're both low-key worried it might be the Covid, as loss of taste is one of the indicators. Just to be sure, I go to the kitchen and come back with some Tajin (kinda like a chili-lime seasoning salt...pretty sour stuff) for her to try and taste and whaddya know? She tastes a bit, recoils, and makes a godawful face, asks for a glass of water to wash the taste out of her mouth. Never before have I been more relieved that my pineapple pancakes were a bit bland, haha. Happy Saturday, all!
I smiled by the end of this. Awesomeness!!! 😄😄

And she feels better soon!

Reactions: CPA, tbh and oz615
I would be interested in how you found this out. I’m a defense attorney here in Shelby County. While they have been liberal with bonds on non violent crimes, I haven’t received a sudden influx of calls. Maybe we catch up some in May/June once we slowly open back up, but I was told at least one law enforcement agency had slowed its enforcement and investigations.

I see Memphis is about to cross 300 homicides this year, smashing their all time record...

I see Memphis is about to cross 300 homicides this year, smashing their all time record...

Yep. I believe they may have broken the record in September. But, it appears to just be pertinent to homicides. Generally, suspects and victims of homicides know each other.

I just read an article from late October that crime, in general, is down. While we think we've seen more robberies from young people who should be in school, robberies and burglaries are down because people are home more. Article said crime is down 5.3% in the county.

All I can say from a business standpoint is that an increase in homicides doesn't mean an increase in business because most don't have the funds.

COVID is our Spanish Flu unfortunately, so it'll likely always be around thus the rush for vaccinations.

Appears to be a lower category though...which is one positive, but people that seem to think it's just going to "go away" after the elections or whatever are wrong. We just have to hope it becomes less fatal, and thus a lower category. (Spanish Flu was category 5, the 2009 outbreak of the same H1N1 subtype was just a category 1).

So ideally a successful "go away" for COVID would be that next year it's a category 1 or 2 instead of a 4 (where it seems to be now).

Why don't you ask that question to the families of over 240,000 Americans who have died and the untold numbers who are dealing with complications due to Covid infection?
I’d say actual Covid deaths are less than half of that. I’d almost bet actual Covid deaths are less than 10% of that. Time will tell.

I’d say actual Covid deaths are less than half of that. I’d almost bet actual Covid deaths are less than 10% of that. Time will tell.
A customer of mine came in furious about her husband's death certificate. It read cause of death complications from covid 19.He had been battling bone cancer for 18 months.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: VolAllen
Why don't you ask that question to the families of over 240,000 Americans who have died and the untold numbers who are dealing with complications due to Covid infection?

It’s nowhere near as deadly and serious as you think. The media has fooled you and many others. And those deaths you mentioned, c as n you say beyond a shadow of doubt that they died BECAUSE of COVID or WITH COVID.

Reactions: VolAllen

Thanks for the stats Dr. Allen. And if you are a medical Dr., I feel sorry for those you treat. We've seen your kind of arrogant denial before. Wait til you lose someone close with it.

Reactions: UTwick

VN Store

Back