Coronavirus (No politics)

Well, we are officially a police state.
I work directly in patient care in Knoxville and around the area. We need this to keep our hospitals from being overrun. Please, stay home for the next 15 days or so. We are at the upswing of the virus for our area. The amount of resources and man power to take care of one Covid patient in the ICU is enormous. Trust me, it’s real and I’ve never seen anything like this virus ever and I’ve been doing this for 30 years.

I work directly in patient care in Knoxville and around the area. We need this to keep our hospitals from being overrun. Please, stay home for the next 15 days or so. We are at the upswing of the virus for our area. The amount of resources and man power to take care of one Covid patient in the ICU is enormous. Trust me, it’s real and I’ve never seen anything like this virus ever and I’ve been doing this for 30 years.
And then after 15 days, then what? This thing isn't going away.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
And then after 15 days, then what? This thing isn't going away.
We are trying not to hit the hospitals all at once. After we start the downslope we can loosen things up. Plus we are finding treatments options daily. And antibodies are being found now for vaccines to begin testing. It is going away. Shelter in place worked and is working in San Fran.

I don't like it, but I get it. Hopefully this will speed up the process for everything getting back to normal.
I don’t either. I like having my wife and kid at home with me instead of at my in-laws so I don’t contaminate them from work. I like having birthdays and going to parks. But right now, in peak time it’s very important to try and minimize the spread of the virus. If we can’t stay home, I guarantee you many people will die in the hospitals because we just can’t handle this. The best hospitals in the US are struggling.

I go back to work on the front lines at my store(food lion) Wednesday after having off for 6 weeks with baby daughter being born. Going to be chaos
Thanks for being there. I've been to Kroger the past two Tuesdays. Very little communication. Quiet in the stores. Observed no misbehavior. Lots of extra employees in the store doing the ClicknPick shopping or stocking shelves. Actually saw a lady emptying a rack of nailpolishes and sanitizing the rack and each bottle by hand. Stores seem to be really staffed up for this.

So golf courses are essential in shelter in place?
The did not change any of the essential services/activities from the prior Order. The new Order just amends the previous one. There is a who paragraph about outdoor activities. Basically, anything you can do without close contact or creating a crowd. I would think golf is okay.

Reactions: bigdaddy
I think there’s clearly a problem here. It might be that others are too low or Bama is too high But I suspect that something is amiss.
I sent a DM asking the authors for a reasoning and maybe a link to their methodology....when I didn't get an answer I responded to a public Tweet and a biology professor from UW..who was tagged in one of the Tweets answered me with this remark

20200402_182750.jpg

Exactly. At some point society has to get back to normal. As well as build up immunities.
I'm not pretending to have all the answers, but I can tell you that no hospital is equipped to handle the influx of patients that could potentially flood them. No one wants to look a family member in the face and say, "I'm sorry we dont have a ventilator to use on your father/mother/son/daughter/brother/sister". Nor do I want to infect someone. I realise some of these things are inevitable, but companies cant work if everyone is sick. Panic would sit in regardless of which way you go.

I'm not pretending to have all the answers, but I can tell you that no hospital is equipped to handle the influx of patients that could potentially flood them. No one wants to look a family member in the face and say, "I'm sorry we dont have a ventilator to use on your father/mother/son/daughter/brother/sister". Nor do I want to infect someone. I realise some of these things are inevitable, but companies cant work if everyone is sick. Panic would sit in regardless of which way you go.

We are going to have to make some ugly decisions no matter which way we go, it appears.

r4HsZpd.png

They closed our neighborhood tennis court. Not sure if I understand that.

There is a community war over this where I live. 6 public courts right next to each other. People demanding the mayor shut them down. Others “shouting” them down. Or so I hear as I’m not on FB.

VN Store

Back