Coronavirus (No politics)

Really good safety report on cases of myocarditis among those 5-11 who received the Pfizer vaccine during the safety update meeting held by the ACIP today. Well below reported hospitalization rates in the US from COVID-19 itself and reported myocarditis cases from virus itself in this age group.
View attachment 426192
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2022-01-05/02-COVID-Su-508.pdf

Nice to see it confirmed. I’m sure there will be people on FB claiming otherwise.

Reactions: ENGRVOL and MAD
You can't compare one percentage to another. When a population is 86%/14%, one population is 614% larger than the other. So despite the sample being 6.1x larger, the number in hospital is almost the same. I can tell this to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Really…. Is that true?

Hmmm… well, people are not considering vaccinated unless they have both shots, the booster, and it’s been 14 days after the booster.

So you’ve just played yourself. Because the vast majority do not fit the “vaccinated” definition. So by your own explanation, you’ve just shown that hospitalizations mean nothing. The majority of people are not vaxxed, and thus the statistics about vaxxed vs unvaxxed hospitalizations that you are constantly sharing, mean absolutely nothing by your own explanation here. You’ve been deceived, just like you have on so many fronts for the past two years, again.

And that’s not even to mention the counting of hospitalizations, as the government now admits, are counting with and not from Covid. So if a child is in the hospital with a broken arm but has Covid, he’s an unvaxxed Covid hospitalization!

I can tell these things to you, but I can’t understand them for you

Last edited:
Really…. Is that true?

Hmmm… well, people are not considering vaccinated unless they have both shots, the booster, and it’s been 14 days after the booster.

So you’ve just played yourself. Because the vast majority do not fit the “vaccinated” definition. So by your own explanation, you’ve just shown that hospitalizations mean nothing. The majority of people are not vaxxed, and thus the statistics about vaxxed vs unvaxxed hospitalizations that you are constantly sharing, mean absolutely nothing by your own explanation here. You’ve been deceived, just like you have on so many fronts for the past two years, again.

And that’s not even to mention the counting of hospitalizations, as the government now admits, are counting with and not from Covid. So if a child is in the hospital with a broken arm but has Covid, he’s an unvaxxed Covid hospitalization!

I can tell these things to you, but I can’t understand them for you

56FAFF2E-21AF-41F3-9DEF-42C8878E551A.jpeg

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Welp, Mrs. tbh popped positive with Covid this past Saturday, and I did on Tuesday. She got heavy flu-like symptoms with a persistent cough and phlegm but the fever only lasted one night. As for me...I have the sniffles and am otherwise feeling normal (at least health-wise...can't say I've been accused of normalcy in other aspects, haha). Happy New Year indeed, y'all.

How ya feeling, tbh?

Reactions: tbh
giphy.gif

And yet there are over 1,000 fully vaxxed folks in the hospital in Ontario.

And little Johnny who broke his arm is considered an unvaxxed hospitalization! Such trustworthy numbers

How ya feeling, tbh?

Feeling fine, thank you for asking! Still a bit of sniffles/congestion normal for me during the cooler weather, but nothing in terms of symptoms like the wife had. I've been taking extra vitamin C, and drinking plenty of hot tea. Whether that is helping or not, I have no idea, haha.

It is hilarious how they’re willing to admit this now:

“Provincial numbers for overall hospitalizations should be used with caution as a factor in determining the severity of COVID-19 cases because they include people who have tested positive but are not hospitalized as a direct result of the virus. In some cases, individual hospitals have said nearly 50 per cent of people testing positive weren’t admitted due to COVID.”

For the last year and a half, when you stated this on this board or on social media, you were labeled a conspiracy theorist peddling misinformation and banned from Twitter.

This has been true all along. You’ve all be duped.

Reactions: txbo
According to VAERS Website: There are Now Over a Million Adverse Reaction Cases to the COVID Vaccine and Over 21,000 Vaccine Deaths for Year 2021

According to vaers there have been over 1 million adverse reactions to the vaccine including 21,000 deaths. If you are perfectly healthy, especially if you are under 50, the jab may not be the best plan for you....particularly with better therapeutics coming out.
How Government Data Is Being Misused to Question COVID-19 Vaccine Safety

Don’t Fall for the ‘VAERS Scare’ Tactic

I read half of this and started laughing, particularly about the part of someone getting in the motorcycle crash. Funny story here, and true: One of my best friends mothers died from a 5 inch tumor in her lungs about two weeks ago. On her dying day hospital staff tested her 4 times for COVID. Why? My friend told them if they stuck that swab up her nose one more time then he was going to cram it up theirs. That's what finally got the testing to stop. You can't have your cake and eat it too my friend.

I read half of this and started laughing, particularly about the part of someone getting in the motorcycle crash. Funny story here, and true: One of my best friends mothers died from a 5 inch tumor in her lungs about two weeks ago. On her dying day hospital staff tested her 4 times for COVID. Why? My friend told them if they stuck that swab up her nose one more time then he was going to cram it up theirs. That's what finally got the testing to stop. You can't have your cake and eat it too my friend.
Sad story but doesn’t change the fact that anti-vaxxers are using vaers as a propaganda tool.

Sad story but doesn’t change the fact that anti-vaxxers are using vaers as a propaganda tool.

Also doesn't change the fact that young healthy people don't need the vaccine.

And why were they testing her so frequently on her dying day? Seems as if the knife cuts both ways here.

Also doesn't change the fact that young healthy people don't need the vaccine.

And why were they testing her so frequently on her dying day? Seems as if the knife cuts both ways here.
You are basing your outcome on a faulty tool. And like I said, one has nothing to do with the other.

Based on slightly under 90% fully vaccinated in those 16 and above in Ontario ( COVID-19 Tracker Canada - Provincial Vaccination Tracker) that would give a crude vaccine efficacy against hospitalization around 80%. Here is a good graph that shows how as a population becomes more vaccinated even with a highly effective vaccine more vaccinated cases will be seen.
1641506974248.jpeg

Given 96% of those over 65 are vaccinated and those with more comorbidities tend to be vaccinated if you match by age and comorbidities you are looking at a vaccine efficacy over 90%. If the vaccinated had the same hospitalization rate as the unvaccinated you would have 4000 extra hospitalizations which is scary.
You brought up a good point on what percentage of those hospitalized are there for another reason besides covid and are the numbers inflated. Mad4vols referenced the breakdown of what percentage of those hospitalized are in the icu. Those requiring icu level care are there because they need a ventilator or alot of oxygen to maintain an oxygen level to keep living or need medicine to keep their blood pressure up. Someone who came in for routine surgery or broke their arm rarely needs icu level care. Those with severe covid do. A third of those unvaccinated are in the icu which fits with other cohorts of those hospitalized with covid symptoms
Outcomes and Mortality Among Adults With COVID-19 at US Medical Centers
So it is unlikely that a huge percentage of those unvaccinated who are hospitalized are there because of other reasons. Of note a tenth of those vaccinated who are hospitalized are in the icu which does raise suspicion that many of those are there because of other reasons. This further would increase vaccine efficacy.

Reactions: DuckInAPen and MAD
Based on slightly under 90% fully vaccinated in those 16 and above in Ontario ( COVID-19 Tracker Canada - Provincial Vaccination Tracker) that would give a crude vaccine efficacy against hospitalization around 80%. Here is a good graph that shows how as a population becomes more vaccinated even with a highly effective vaccine more vaccinated cases will be seen.
View attachment 426450

Given 96% of those over 65 are vaccinated and those with more comorbidities tend to be vaccinated if you match by age and comorbidities you are looking at a vaccine efficacy over 90%. If the vaccinated had the same hospitalization rate as the unvaccinated you would have 4000 extra hospitalizations which is scary.
You brought up a good point on what percentage of those hospitalized are there for another reason besides covid and are the numbers inflated. Mad4vols referenced the breakdown of what percentage of those hospitalized are in the icu. Those requiring icu level care are there because they need a ventilator or alot of oxygen to maintain an oxygen level to keep living or need medicine to keep their blood pressure up. Someone who came in for routine surgery or broke their arm rarely needs icu level care. Those with severe covid do. A third of those unvaccinated are in the icu which fits with other cohorts of those hospitalized with covid symptoms
Outcomes and Mortality Among Adults With COVID-19 at US Medical Centers
So it is unlikely that a huge percentage of those unvaccinated who are hospitalized are there because of other reasons. Of note a tenth of those vaccinated who are hospitalized are in the icu which does raise suspicion that many of those are there because of other reasons. This further would increase vaccine efficacy.

Too much info. Can you break it down to a simple pie chart with less context so I can just use it for my anti-vax tweet.

VN Store

Back