Coronavirus (No politics)

I didn't watch the video, but I am basically with your line of thinking. I don't understand this "one side or the other" type argument going on in here. We know where each poster stands. I am more down the middle where I am freely out and about but do have some concern with 4 kids going back to school. There won't be an economic shutdown again, at least in the reasonable states. I have also never understood the big deal on masks as we've made it a political issue as to an individual right (which it isn't). I don't want to have to wear one and understand government not wanting to force them, but I will be happy to comply if asked to wear one. I have probably had the healthiest year and a half in a long time, and I go to work every day. I can see limiting some indoor gatherings for a bit, but I believe outdoor events will be fine.
This is all I’m after. I’ve been a bit cynical in here and I admit it, but I just want a reasonable response. No more mandates, no forced vax, no lockdowns, no blaming and shaming. Everyone can make their own choice, and be it vax or natural immunity, this thing will be behind us.

The article also states the actual reason its not a threat is because of vaccinated people.
You missed something:

“It is striking that COVID mortality is at such low levels despite the fact that we are seeing an increase in cases of late,” Stanford Professor of Medicine Dr. Jay Bhattacharya tells FEE. “By immunizing the elderly and many other vulnerable people, we have provided them with excellent protection against severe disease in case they get infected. Also contributing is widespread natural immunity from recovered COVID patients. Though cases may rise, deaths will no longer follow in proportion. We have effectively defanged the disease with our successful vaccination rollout.”

tho let the record show I have not been against vaccines not have I said people shouldn’t take them. I’ve said people can and should be able to make their own choice.

Reactions: davethevol
This is all I’m after. I’ve been a bit cynical in here and I admit it, but I just want a reasonable response. No more mandates, no forced vax, no lockdowns, no blaming and shaming. Everyone can make their own choice, and be it vax or natural immunity, this thing will be behind us.

The one thing you are strongly against is “forced vax.” I don’t care if people get it or not, but organizations have the right to require it. If you don’t want to, then you have the right to work or go somewhere else. I don’t consider that “forced vax.”

The blaming and shaming has been from both sides. There aren’t going to be more economic lockdowns. In the legal field, I could possibly see some scaling back (although still unlikely), but that’s because court dockets create a number of people in a relatively small inside area.

The one thing you are strongly against is “forced vax.” I don’t care if people get it or not, but organizations have the right to require it. If you don’t want to, then you have the right to work or go somewhere else. I don’t consider that “forced vax.”

The blaming and shaming has been from both sides. There aren’t going to be more economic lockdowns. In the legal field, I could possibly see some scaling back (although still unlikely), but that’s because court dockets create a number of people in a relatively small inside area.
Forcing people to vax or no longer work is forced vax. People can’t just change jobs as tho it is easy, especially if most businesses require it. That is forced vaccination

Forcing people to vax or no longer work is forced vax. People can’t just change jobs as tho it is easy, especially if most businesses require it. That is forced vaccination

Believe what you want. It’s a simple concept. You can choose to not get it; they can choose to require it. You want it both ways. I’m sure if you have a medical reason, they will look at it. They suffer from consequences for making decisions, too. If a group of talented employees refused to get vaccinated, the organization will lose out on that talent. It’s freedom of choice for everyone. They can choose to require a degree for a certain position, but I don’t see people complaining about that.

There is no reason not to get vaccinated. If your employer mandates it then find a company that doesn't or start your own business. The easiest choice is just to get vaccinated.

Reactions: walkenvol
Believe what you want. It’s a simple concept. You can choose to not get it; they can choose to require it. You want it both ways. I’m sure if you have a medical reason, they will look at it. They suffer from consequences for making decisions, too. If a group of talented employees refused to get vaccinated, the organization will lose out on that talent. It’s freedom of choice for everyone. They can choose to require a degree for a certain position, but I don’t see people complaining about that.
It Amazes me how so many people have no problem with this. Inject a chemical into your body or be denied the ability to provide for your family. Not only unconstitutional, it’s immoral

There is no reason not to get vaccinated. If your employer mandates it then find a company that doesn't or start your own business. The easiest choice is just to get vaccinated.
Super easy for a father of 3 to lose his job and just start his own business! No big deal!

It also denies science. Doesn’t take naturally immunity into account for starters, but also denies the efficacy of the vaccine. Does it work or not? And if it does, why does it matter to those who have it if some choose not to take it?

mandates are pointless and immoral

It Amazes me how so many people have no problem with this. Inject a chemical into your body or be denied the ability to provide for your family. Not only unconstitutional, it’s immoral

Lol...it’s not unconstitutional. Your kids require vaccine records before attending school. Per the State of TN...it’s a requirement.

It’s just not Bass’ constitutional rights. People have lost sight on the meaning of the constitution.

I had a cold and sinus crap with a brief fever about a month ago and I still can’t taste or smell like I did before. I tested negative for covid on a rapid test but it still makes me wonder if it was accurate.
I recently had something that started as a sore throat then migrated to the sinuses until it settled into my chest and took 8-10 days to run it’s course. I took 2 rapid tests because I’m rarely sick and anything respiratory these days makes you wonder. Tastes hasn’t been affected and I have lousy sense of smell regularly. Never could find anything on whether the CDC tests they were terminating had anything to do with the rapid tests

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Lol...it’s not unconstitutional. Your kids require vaccine records before attending school. Per the State of TN...it’s a requirement.

It’s just not Bass’ constitutional rights. People have lost sight on the meaning of the constitution.
Vaccines that have been around for years and years and years… not vaccines with no studies of long term affects. People just so willing to give up their freedoms and watch others be trounced on all in the name of “safety” when, in fact, we know natural immunity works and we also know that this virus has a survival rate of 99.8% unless you have 3 or more comorbidities or are over 75. It’s really pathetic

Then get vaccinated.
nope. This won’t happen anyway because not everyone will just willingly give up their ability to work and companies aren’t going to fire half their employees. Not to mention the lawsuits. but it’s very interesting to see how many people have forgotten what freedom looks like. It’s very sad

Vaccines that have been around for years and years and years… no vaccines with no studies of long term affects. People just so willing to give up their freedoms and watch others be trounced on all in the name of “safety” when, in fact, we lnow natural I’m unity works and we also know that this virus has a survival rate of 99.8% unless you have 3 or more comorbidities or are over 75. It’s really pathetic

Just your personal preference. I haven’t given up one freedom-that’s asinine.

Vaccines that have been around for years and years and years… no vaccines with no studies of long term affects. People just so willing to give up their freedoms and watch others be trounced on all in the name of “safety” when, in fact, we lnow natural I’m unity works and we also know that this virus has a survival rate of 99.8% unless you have 3 or more comorbidities or are over 75. It’s really pathetic

You have no idea what you're talking about. There are people who didn't get the vaccine because they caught Covid before and thought they were immune. Then Delta came along and they're struggling to breath and/or dying in the hospital right now regretting their decision.

Reactions: bparker
I recently had something that started as a sore throat then migrated to the sinuses until it settled into my chest and took 8-10 days to run it’s course. I took 2 rapid tests because I’m rarely sick and anything respiratory these days makes you wonder. Tastes hasn’t been affected and I have lousy sense of smell regularly. Never could find anything on whether the CDC tests they were terminating had anything to do with the rapid tests
. I’ve just heard the rapid tests aren’t nearly as accurate as the standard one I just don’t know what to believe anymore somedays with this.

Reactions: walkenvol
You have no idea what you're talking about. There are people who didn't get the vaccine because they caught Covid before and thought they were immune. Then Delta came along and they're struggling to breath and/or dying in the hospital right now regretting their decision.
Literally posted data above from Stanford that contradicts everything you’re saying here. Im sorry you’ve listened to the wrong people

Just your personal preference. I haven’t given up one freedom-that’s asinine.
My personal preference to trust the science that natural immunity works, that everyone who wants the vaccine can get one, and everyone else should be left alone. Sure thing.

Requiring everyone to be vaccinated is not trusting the science and there are riots going on all over the world with people protesting this. Same would happen here thankfully.

would be fun to see companies sued tho

Reactions: davethevol
Literally posted data above from Stanford that contradicts everything you’re saying here. Im sorry you’ve listened to the wrong people
Nothing in the Stanford study contradicts what he said. The Stanford doctor said rates of death and serious hospitalizations are improving, not disappearing. Your overzealousness to debunk everyone who doesn’t share your perspective is confusing since you appear to be dying on the hill of personal freedom?

Reactions: MAD
My personal preference to trust the science that natural immunity works, that everyone who wants the vaccine can get one, and everyone else should be left alone. Sure thing.

Requiring everyone to be vaccinated is not trusting the science and there are riots going on all over the world with people protesting this. Same would happen here thankfully.

would be fun to see companies sued tho

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. You just want to live in your own world.

Reactions: bparker and MAD
nope. This won’t happen anyway because not everyone will just willingly give up their ability to work and companies aren’t going to fire half their employees. Not to mention the lawsuits. but it’s very interesting to see how many people have forgotten what freedom looks like. It’s very sad
This is not how it's going to work. It's going to depend on what each state law dictates. There have been a couple states that have enforced that you can't mandate.

There have also already been a couple lawsuits which the courts have denied because the employers are giving reasonable choice and there is no state law on mandates. These cases will pave the way for future lawsuits since they will now be referenced in other cases.

The choice is yours on vaccinations. If you chose not to, they are giving you the option to work with likely weekly testing, masks, etc. If you don't like your options you can look elsewhere. It's no different than you disliking anything else about a company you work for. Don't like it, make a move.

I always thought kids didn’t need to get hospitalized for Covid?

135 children under 18 now hospitalized with COVID in Florida.

VN Store

Back