Coronavirus (No politics)

Just stupid bots/fake accounts on Twitter. I could post up some from before the 2020 election that favor the political side that's arguing against the vaccine, but the post they repeated is political and might go against the rules for this thread. The main point is that there are a lot of fake accounts on Twitter that do nothing but repeat a certain argument for the sole purpose of spreading divisive talking points on social media in order to keep public discourse in the US dumbed down and angry. That second group of posts is a prime example with the Christmas timeline and mention of a lockdown. No matter what argument a bot is sharing, they all are anti-American and should be deleted. Twitter needs to do a much better job of combating fake accounts and the ability to create them.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
If you are on the fence, please consider taking the vaccine.

looking at one of the hashtags in the post I cannot help but wonder why this person would lay blame there when that is the person who greenlighted the program to create the vaccine, was one of the first public figures to be vaccinated, and has encouraged everyone to get it themselves? that does not make any sense and the only logical conclusion that anyone can draw is that he is a political partisan, which is only going to cause people with different political leanings to question the veracity of his message. people need to leave the politics in the voting booth and try to get along without turning everything into us versus them.

looking at one of the hashtags in the post I cannot help but wonder why this person would lay blame there when that is the person who greenlighted the program to create the vaccine, was one of the first public figures to be vaccinated, and has encouraged everyone to get it themselves? that does not make any sense and the only logical conclusion that anyone can draw is that he is a political partisan, which is only going to cause people with different political leanings to question the veracity of his message. people need to leave the politics in the voting booth and try to get along without turning everything into us versus them.
I noticed that as well. All it does is discredit himself

I noticed that as well. All it does is discredit himself

With all the crap that people are spewing on here and that’s what you focus on, he just lost someone, he has a right to be upset.

I work with the man married to the middle sister in this story. I'm posting this because this is real life....not a staged story. It is pain that is going through this family, and going through our company because we love them.

Three sisters and their parents, parents in their late 60's, sisters in their 40's with teenage kids.

The grandfather had bypass surgery spring 2020, so the grandmother and her daughters made sure he got vaccinated....but they were hard core against it for themselves.

Several weeks ago (I could go to Facebook for the exact dates snd timeline, but it isn't pertinent) the kids went to camp, and came back with covid. They gave it to their parents, and their grandparents. I don't know exact dates of symptom onset, but this isn't the only family dealing with it.

Grandfather was the last one to get it, had a fever for one day, cold like symptoms for two days, and that was it. He's fine.

This is yesterday's post from the youngest daughter (previous updates were from the oldest, til she got too sick to do it) ....

Update: ***** and I are feeling better each day and resuming some normal life again. He’s been working again this week (still from home), and I made the bed and cleaned out the fridge. Baby steps...
The fatigue is still ever present, some lingering coughing, but we’ve both been fever free for a few days now.

My sister, ******* and her husband ****** need prayers. He is struggling with vomiting and high fevers. He had an antibody infusion today. Praying it helps him. She is having fevers and headache and body aches. I picked up her kids today and have them here overnight. Praying it will allow her some better rest.

Mom has been able to be off the Bipap during the days, and able to be on the vapotherm. They are slowly trying to wean her need for oxygen down. She should have a repeat chest X-ray tomorrow and we are praying for encouraging news. Pray for an increased appetite and the ability for her to eat more solid foods. Specifically pray also for her spirit to be encouraged and uplifted. It has been 17 days now being there and away from us. I can only imagine that is discouraging on top of already feeling bad. We need her whole self battling this. We want her back home with us. ❤️

Love you all. Please keep praying!"

My coworker's wife so far doesn't have it. She has RA so we are really thankful. She did get vaccinated, and pleads daily on Facebook for others to do the same.

Uh. 73% of adults 20+ are ow or obese. FastStats
That's 2017-18.
Saw my Dr. A few days ago. I actually lost weight, and he said most people had gained. He called it the "covid effect".
True. Which is why there should be a push for weight loss. It seems to be the single greatest factor other than age for the severity of this virus.

Reactions: davethevol
At age 57 I experienced a very severe case of covid in Jan '21 which lasted about (7) weeks. Lost 20lbs but I'm not considered obese by any stretch - most of the loss was muscle wasting.

Having been an accomplished runner, lifter and fitness related person prior to being positive for covid I'm certain there are genetic anomalies that account for some being more suseptible to the virus.

Obesity and age probably being additional factors, there are still so many unknowns about this virus.

Protect yourself and advocate for those around you to take the vaccine but even the vaccine(s) has/have been associated with many side effects that can be just as bad as the virus itself.

Last edited:
True. Which is why there should be a push for weight loss. It seems to be the single greatest factor other than age for the severity of this virus.
It shows Covid is non discriminatory as far as weight and hospitalization. At least There is very little difference.
There might be a difference in deaths?
Obesity in general will catch up with you. US diet= high fat with , spoonfuls of lard, sugar and salt.

I really don't like the way things are going related to COVID. We are trending toward another lockdown and football season will most certainly be affected. So sick of this...
Doubtful. Not as many people will listen this time. It's just the same fear mongers that have been around since the start.

I really don't like the way things are going related to COVID. We are trending toward another lockdown and football season will most certainly be affected. So sick of this...
You may be right. There's just too many people who refuse to get vaccinated. I guess some think this virus is still a joke.

VN Store

Back