Coronavirus (No politics)

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully she will recover , and be able to get a vaccine. The in laws sound even worse.
We've had several family members with Covid. Mostly medical jobs. nurse; Dr, his wife and a child; physical therapist working in Dr office; social worker and construction contractor. It's a nasty virus.

Thanks, sounds like you've got plenty of family and friends dealing with covid as well. Good luck, take care and be safe

COVID has been Santa Claus this yr. And some people think the numbers are accurate..HAHAHAHAHA...cause the incentive of a large stash of gov cash won't tempt anyone to slip the word COVID on the death certificate somewhere and add it in on the total. It's perpetual. Higher totals, more freaking out and reactions from politics, more money being dispensed...lol

We're being caught up in the biggest hustle in history. It's criminal, haven't a clue if illegal but it's criminal. People are being harmed more, as a group, by the social/financial/emotional effects than any above average contagious virus, with a very high survival rate among general population.

Or not.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
COVID has been Santa Claus this yr. And some people think the numbers are accurate..HAHAHAHAHA...cause the incentive of a large stash of gov cash won't tempt anyone to slip the word COVID on the death certificate somewhere and add it in on the total. It's perpetual. Higher totals, more freaking out and reactions from politics, more money being dispensed...lol

We're being caught up in the biggest hustle in history. It's criminal, haven't a clue if illegal but it's criminal. People are being harmed more, as a group, by the social/financial/emotional effects than any above average contagious virus, with a very high survival rate among general population.

Or not.
You just keep saying that. La la la la la la la.

You just keep saying that. La la la la la la la.
Que? Lol, you mean the 'or not' part, lol. Probably not that part, huh?

I don't pretend to be smart, or informed enough, to understand exactly whats going on. I don't anyone on this board is.

Too much, sometimes agenda laden, misinformation dispersed, across all sociopolitical lines.

But, I don't have to know where the dead fish is, or how it died, to know it's rotten.

The more you unplug from the hive mind, the clearer it gets, it seems...or this is the best cannabis I have ever had. :eek::D:cool::)

Que? Lol, you mean the 'or not' part, lol. Probably not that part, huh?

I don't pretend to be smart, or informed enough, to understand exactly whats going on. I don't anyone on this board is.

Too much, sometimes agenda laden, misinformation dispersed, across all sociopolitical lines.

But, I don't have to know where the dead fish is, or how it died, to know it's rotten.

The more you unplug from the hive mind, the clearer it gets, it seems...or this is the best cannabis I have ever had. :eek::D:cool::)
The world-wide conspiracy would be impressive. But if you believe that's what it is, you've smoked way way way too much.

The world-wide conspiracy would be impressive. But if you believe that's what it is, you've smoked way way way too much.
Methinks you're sweeping me off into a group of CT's. Perhaps it lessens any chance of cognitive dissonance, or no?
Never mentioned a conspiracy, or implied one, afaik. Those are your thoughts.

I don't smoke too much cannabis. Don't watch mainstream media either. If I did, I'd have to smoke a lot, and drink and hide the sharp pointy things while I shout at people to do, or don't do, what I want, because it serves ME best.

Rattlesnakes are more of a threat to me than a this virus. I reside in rural/remote area. I don't worry about them either, till it's in my world, at that moment. Then I take the best combination of risk/reward, for me, and roll with that.

Same here. I've been changing activity patterns during other types of communicable virus seasons for 15 yrs, as I got older. I was social distancing before there was such a term, afaik, limiting amt of time spent around crowds.

So, I don't worry about things outside my control and when I choose to visit "Rome", shop/business/etc, I do as the Romans do. I'm not interested in raising anyone's stress level by trying to avoid a little inconvenience. But I am not in Rome very often, so it's doable for me.

If I was forced to live in a densely populated area AND watched/believed mainstream media...

yall-got-any-59cf09.jpg

Never take flu vaccine either. Won't this one. I've been flu sick twice in my life, to where I had to curtail activities for more than a day.

May die from this but if not this, then something eventually.
"Stay Home", maybe, but no need to from fear...I maintain distance, I don't have to stay anywhere, to be safe for others, if I do that.
"Stay Safe"...pfft, you're never totally safe. That's become some kind of 'current events slogan' that I have no idea what it's supposed to mean other than help the circled up herd to emotionally support one another, push a social change issue, idk and don't care. It's not 'either/or', Safe or unsafe. It's assessing risk and choosing the least invasive measures to walk towards.

So mine is "Live fully, live freely".

But, then again, my HS nickname was Old Weird Harold, so there is that.

Not hard to realize. Vaccine distribution by mid March should be around 100+ million.

Vaccine distribution was imagined to be over 20 million by first of year. We are barely over 1 million vaccines administered with 3 days left in the year. At this rate, herd immunity will not be happening soon.

Vaccine distribution was imagined to be over 20 million by first of year. We are barely over 1 million vaccines administered with 3 days left in the year. At this rate, herd immunity will not be happening soon.

We were at 2 million doses administered a week ago.

Not hard to realize. Vaccine distribution by mid March should be around 100+ million.
I recall about 90k/week in TN.
11x90,000= 990,000. About 1,000,000 in TN by mid March. Other Vaccines likely will be available by then . JNJ, Novamax, etc
Population is 6.8 million + -
Is my math right?

10% of available vaccines in the USA were administered within a week. This is only going to ramp up over next 60 days. We should be at half the country’s population vaccinated by end of February.

Spring may be delayed but it’s very likely to be nothing like Spring 2020.

I recall about 90k/week in TN.
11x90,000= 990,000. About 1,000,000 in TN by mid March. Other Vaccines likely will be available by then . JNJ, Novamax, etc
Population is 6.8 million + -
Is my math right?

That sounds right. And the key is JNJ getting vaccine PDUFA done in next 2 weeks as theirs doesn’t require two shots. It will only need one dose per person

10% of available vaccines in the USA were administered within a week. This is only going to ramp up over next 60 days. We should be at half the country’s population vaccinated by end of February.

Spring may be delayed but it’s very likely to be nothing like Spring 2020.

Also, 2 separate doses needed 3-4 weeks apart based upon manufacturer in order to achieve maximum efficacy. Personally have a hard time believing that half the population will be vaccinated by end of February (although I pray it’s true). Some folks still believe Gruden is coming.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Also, 2 separate doses needed 3-4 weeks apart based upon manufacturer in order to achieve maximum efficacy. Personally have a hard time believing that half the population will be vaccinated by end of February (although I pray it’s true). Some folks still believe Gruden is coming.

Yes that is Pfizer and likely Moderna. Regardless they will have 9 figures worth of vaccines available. The key is JnJ’s vaccine which will require only one dose, getting approval by mid January. Once they are ready to distribute, they will have tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of doses.

Yes that is Pfizer and likely Moderna. Regardless they will have 9 figures worth of vaccines available. The key is JnJ’s vaccine which will require only one dose, getting approval by mid January. Once they are ready to distribute, they will have tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of doses.

Hopefully

Hopefully you’ll be right JMS. There are other issues to be considered in getting to a (more) normal spring like where do 18-22 year old healthy athletes stand in regard to their place in line for vaccinations? These issues are above my pay grade. One thing I think I know for sure is that in order to approach an improved spring ( vs. last year) is the need for a bonafide S & C coach. EE players are not the only ones that could benefit tremendously from a good hire in this area.

Hopefully

Hopefully you’ll be right JMS. There are other issues to be considered in getting to a (more) normal spring like where do 18-22 year old healthy athletes stand in regard to their place in line for vaccinations? These issues are above my pay grade. One thing I think I know for sure is that in order to approach an improved spring ( vs. last year) is the need for a bonafide S & C coach. EE players are not the only ones that could benefit tremendously from a good hire in this area.
If you want to end the overcrowding of hospitals vaccinate those 65 +.

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine last Tuesday. Arm was sore for maybe 36 hours, not unlike any other vaccine or shot. My sister is currently in the hospital with COVID pneumonia, been sick for two weeks now. Despite my work and being regularly and repetitively exposed, I’ve yet to have any symptoms. I donated blood yesterday, and I’ll get another antibody test with that donation. I’ve had two negative antibody tests, so I’m interested to see if this one comes back positive since I got the vaccine last week.

VN Store

Back