Coronavirus (No politics)

Since testing positive 10 days ago, I have horrible headaches, sinuses feel like they are on fire, a very painful cough, feel weak, breathing is a task alone, multiple trips to bathroom.
But yeah, its all just a joke..

99.9% sure I have it based on having a close contact who has it. I've felt worse before, but to say it hasn't taken its toll would be a lie.

Last edited:
UT Martin is having a very rough year, the head basketball coach died suddenly about a month ago and now COVID . . . damn, 2020 can't get over soon enough!

GBO - beat ____ (insert name)
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but what makes 2021 better? January and February will likely be brutal with flu season coming too. There's news of a vaccine coming in 2021 but a lot of people aren't gonna take it.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but what makes 2021 better? January and February will likely be brutal with flu season coming too. There's news of a vaccine coming in 2021 but a lot of people aren't gonna take it.

Enough will be taking the vaccines to probably knock out COVID around summer. There won’t be enough vaccines to go around at first anyway.

JMO, but maybe the flu won’t be as severe this year with so many wearing masks and distancing, I always wonder why we hadn’t been wearing masks when the flu sometimes kills 50,000/year. We wear seatbelts to cut down on those deaths.

Enough will be taking the vaccines to probably knock out COVID around summer. There won’t be enough vaccines to go around at first anyway.

JMO, but maybe the flu won’t be as severe this year with so many wearing masks and distancing, I always wonder why we hadn’t been wearing masks when the flu sometimes kills 50,000/year. We wear seatbelts to cut down on those deaths.
That's true you make a good point. Yeah maybe after this terrible pandemic that that took place more people will start wearing them. Especially if they're sick and walking around in the grocery store coughing and sneezing on everyone. I remember before all of this I would randomly see people, usually elderly, wearing them and stores and it seemed strange to me. Now it looks strange if someone doesn't have one on.

THIS. People insinuate that they can't wait for 2020 to be gone. The effects are going to last well into 2021, and possibly beyond.

Reactions: Stoked
Since testing positive 10 days ago, I have horrible headaches, sinuses feel like they are on fire, a very painful cough, feel weak, breathing is a task alone, multiple trips to bathroom.
But yeah, its all just a joke..

Nobody is saying it’s a joke, but the numbers are blown way out of proportion as far as sole COVID deaths. The death rate hasn’t changed and they’re using the active cases as a scare tactic. There are 60,000 people in my county and they’ve reported 41 COVID RELATED deaths, which doesn’t mean covid was solely to blame. There have been 2900 cases which include active and recovered. Do the math on that.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
THIS. People insinuate that they can't wait for 2020 to be gone. The effects are going to last well into 2021, and possibly beyond.

I think that the best thing to hope for in early 2021 is to see signs of progress and stats trending downwards. It’s still a long haul. Last March I was thinking it would be a problem for a few weeks and it would be difficult if it went on for a month. I’m glad that I didn’t know then that it was going to drag on for more than a year.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Anyone pay attention to the fact that the percentage of deaths caused by heart disease and other serious health problems are down the exact percentage of Corona virus cases are up? The amount of deaths is no different year to year. The virus sucks, i know 15 people now that had it and all say it was like the flu. The media’s reaction is still overblown and it will continue to be.

Hopefully we schedule WKU

That's true you make a good point. Yeah maybe after this terrible pandemic that that took place more people will start wearing them. Especially if they're sick and walking around in the grocery store coughing and sneezing on everyone. I remember before all of this I would randomly see people, usually elderly, wearing them and stores and it seemed strange to me. Now it looks strange if someone doesn't have one on.
Haha yeah I remember pre-covid if I saw someone wearing a mask I'd think to myself "I bet that person is terminally ill" but now its the new norm. I will definitely wear a mask from here on out if I go anywhere while I'm sick. Just seems like the considerate thing to do.

Anyone pay attention to the fact that the percentage of deaths caused by heart disease and other serious health problems are down the exact percentage of Corona virus cases are up? The amount of deaths is no different year to year. The virus sucks, i know 15 people now that had it and all say it was like the flu. The media’s reaction is still overblown and it will continue to be.

There have actually been 300,000 more deaths in this country this year than in an average year, and the growing population is part of that calculation. That is a fact. Sure, people have died of co-morbidities where the virus exacerbated an underlying condition. But, I don't believe many were on the verge of death with their underlying condition. It doesn't really matter how we get there, but the fact is we have certainly had many more people die this year.

How long will your immunity be good for after after the vaccine is a question I have

No one knows the answer right now. The latest research suggests that for healthy people, immunity may last longer than what was first conjectured. I have seen numbers like 3-5 years being thrown out.

The Southern hemisphere had very little flu during their normal flu season which was our summer. Down 95+%.
And we chuckle when we see the Japanese and Chinese wearing masks.

Nobody is saying it’s a joke, but the numbers are blown way out of proportion as far as sole COVID deaths. The death rate hasn’t changed and they’re using the active cases as a scare tactic. There are 60,000 people in my county and they’ve reported 41 COVID RELATED deaths, which doesn’t mean covid was solely to blame. There have been 2900 cases which include active and recovered. Do the math on that.
Please refer to post #5052, hence my joke reference.
I do realize the numbers are being blown out of proportion, but after experiencing it firsthand, I feel differently about it now.
My boss & long time friend has been on a ventilator for 3 weeks now, and it doesn't look good for him.
Numbers, proportions, joke etc, I for one am taking it a tad more seriously now.

Reactions: vollygirl
I do realize the numbers are being blown out of proportion, but after experiencing it firsthand, I feel differently about it now.
My boss & long time friend has been on a ventilator for 3 weeks now, and it doesn't look good for him.
Numbers, proportions, joke etc, I for one am taking it a tad more seriously now.
You can compare it to a tornado. It's not a big deal. Til it is.

Question: Do you wear a mask? Please include why or why not.
I do wear a mask. I wear it for a few reasons, 1. If I have the virus and don't know it I want to protect others, 2. I do it to protect myself from any airborne virus droplets that may be in my area, 3. I don't want to contract the virus and pass it on to my family and friend and finally, I am at a high risk should I contract the virus. I am at high risk because I had my aortic valve replaced 15 years ago and one of the important things for my health is that my heart doesn't start to enlarge again. Covid is known to cause enlarging of the heart. So this is personal as well.

Last update: Sisters Mother in law is out of the hospital. Besides some fatigue all other symptoms are gone. My brother in law tested negative. My sister tested positive. No signs or symptoms from myself or my parents, but they had to get tested for work since she tested positive. Both people who tested positive basically had a bad flu for a few days. We really need to just be smart and move on.

My otherwise healthy uncle just had the virus. In a week they burried him. Its still real my friend.

There’s nothing wrong with that, but you’re alive and didn’t fall in the .1% death rate and that’s a good thing.

VN Store

Back