Cordarrelle Patterson

dumber than a box of rocks though...there's a reason we got him how we got him and why he left so early.

I honestly think if he had stayed one more year he'd have been a lottery pick and a more polished WR. but since he got drafted as is he figured nothing left to learn. True enough he still went first round but pick 29 and thats a big difference in money.. huge. Players are a lot more apt to learn basic skills in College than the pros where as Peyton said there is not much patience for teaching outside of schemes and playbooks. Its mostly up to you to work on your craft at that level.
Uh he followed his HS QB to KTown because In HS they through for like a Billion yards to each other.

Uh he followed his HS QB to KTown because In HS they through for like a Billion yards to each other.
I meant the fact he came from a CC

learning to run routes is 80%mental and 20% coordination.
no way in hell you can convince me he lacks coordination.

Last edited:
How do you know he’s dumber than a box of rocks? Cheap shot
I cleaned it up it was a tad harsh. But the guy put zero effort into learning route trees. I'm sorry bro but learning to run routes is not rocket science especially with his athletic gifts. He relies 100% on athletic talent alone. He is one of the lucky few that has enough to still make it that way but it still limits him immensely.

Look at Antonio Brown a person he was compared to.. the guy is one of the best route runners along with OBJ in the league. Thats what it looks like when you combine that kinda gift with some work on routes. I would daresay say CP is more athletically and physically gifted than either of those 2. They are both under 6 feet and 200 lbs and he is faster than both.

It seriously hurts my soul to see talent like that wasted. reminds me of Shaq and Lonzo ball.. no way in the world you pay me millions and i only put up 50% free throw shooting. I'd find a way to hit 60% on pride alone and hire a coach offseason to help me the rest of the way. 6 years in the league and still cant run routes at all. I cant think of another player ever that did that. Hester came the the league as a CB and around the end he was running routes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I cleaned it up it was a tad harsh. But the guy put zero effort into learning route trees. I'm sorry bro but learning to run routes is not rocket science especially with his athletic gifts. He relies 100% on athletic talent alone. He is one of the lucky few that has enough to still make it that way but it still limits him immensely.

Look at Antonio Brown a person he was compared to.. the guy is one of the best route runners along with OBJ in the league. Thats what it looks like when you combine that kinda gift with some work on routes. I would daresay say CP is more athletically and physically gifted than either of those 2. They are both under 6 feet and 200 lbs and he is faster than both.

It seriously hurts my soul to see talent like that wasted. reminds me of Shaq and Lonzo ball.. no way in the world you pay me millions and i only put up 50% free throw shooting. I'd find a way to hit 60% on pride alone and hire a coach offseason to help me the rest of the way. 6 years in the league and still cant run routes at all. I cant think of another player ever that did that. Hester came the the league as a CB and around the end he was running routes.
You could practice 24/7 and not make 40% of them in a NBA game. And comparing Shaq to Lonzo is beyond stupid.

You could practice 24/7 and not make 40% of them in a NBA game. And comparing Shaq to Lonzo is beyond stupid.
same career ft% but youre right Lonzo has way less of an excuse.. also its extremely rare for someone in the NBA to shoot under 50% (and keep a roster spot) Ben Wallace was the last I remember

Last edited:

Shaq and Lonzo Ball? FTR Shaq worked nonstop hiring coaches working on FTS. There were many issues that were far beyond pride, mostly physical.
I digress. CP is who he is now and that isn’t changing much.

I think he will be perfect for Nagy in the Bears system. Jack of all trades. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a huge season and make the Pro Bowl as an app purpose player.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I really hope he does. Truly.. but I wish the guy would learn to run routes. He'd be amazing. I just want Vols in the NFL to shine brighter. The dude is amazing you just get left wondering what if.

Reactions: VolNExile
"See I don't like being labeled," he said. "People try to say I'm a receiver, a running back, a kickoff returner. I can do anything on the field if I put my mind to it. I feel like when I get out there I'm unstoppable."

Cordarrelle Patterson may be exactly what Matt Nagy's offense was looking for

I was at his first game, the Chick Fil A game against N.C. State in Atlanta. He was easily the best player on the field. He was the definition of a game changer, and the announcers couldn't even pronounce his first name.

I really hope he does. Truly.. but I wish the guy would learn to run routes. He'd be amazing. I just want Vols in the NFL to shine brighter. The dude is amazing you just get left wondering what if.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with striving to be better, but I think he is who he is now. He’s getting $5 million guaranteed this year plus an extra $5 over the next. I think he if he can get 80+touches on offense, plus 15-25 kick returns he could see a 1200-1500 all purpose season in that system with somewhere around 8 touchdowns . That might line him up for another 2 year deal when his age starts getting to him.

At first I thought you were confusing him with Da'Rick Rogers. I totally forgot Justin Worley was his HS QB. That makes it even crazier because there was no way Justin Worley was going to beat out Bray for the starting job.

It’s hard to be excited about all his highlights when anyone who actually lives through it knows we were hot garbage then.

All that offense and nothing to show for it. Crap defense. Crap coach. Crap record. Crapped the bed against KY.

Those are better pure WRs but CP was still better than them with the ball in his hands. His agility/speed/strength was the best I've ever seen at UT.

Willie Gault was an Olympic track star - so he's probably faster than CP. Gault would literally out run everyone and catch the ball downfield.

Cordarrelle is incredible in the open field. It was always exciting when we had the ball back when he was a Vol. Good luck and I hope he stays injury free with a long career.

His great natural ability is his downfall for not being able to fall into the excepted order of things in the game. His ability does not require "thinking". Much like a musician who plays by ear and has trouble reading music.

VN Store

Back